The Witch Reviews

• 12h ago

You can't understand what the actors are saying half the time and the other half they're praying. The characters are boring and the monsters almost never show up.

• 2d ago

It was a good movie. Writers have done a terrific job on capturing the issues a belonging to the socioeconomic class of Thomasin's family may have faced during that time period. Of course, I am referring to the idea of survival and sustenance not the creepy scenes and talking goats. Fine film overall.

• 5d ago

The most perfect horror film I have yet to see, The Witch manages to present d terrifying and disturbing spectacle while weaving in complex themes and pieces of history that does not detract from but only deepens the narrative. Unfortunately, audiences are less likely to snap up this artistry, as it is far from conventional. Make no mistake, this directorial debut should win Eggers a special place in the horror hall of fame. For his future films, Eggers may want to determine how best to preserve his unique style while bringing it back down to earth to connect the narrative to the viewers. But, in and of itself, I found The Witch to be an absolute marvel of period horror that everyone should delve into.

• Jul 06, 2019

dark, unsettling, brooding. Well done and immersive. One of my favorite horror films to be honest

• Jul 04, 2019

Movie was uneventful. Wanted to stop watching but had to know what happened Wouldn't recommend

• Jun 30, 2019

Terrible boring movie

Terrible boring movie

• Jun 29, 2019

A genuine, new, non-stereotyped horror. With "The Witch" we finally get rid of all those horror cliches that dominated the genre during the last years: no jumpscares, rivers of blood or disgusting splattery scenes. "The Witch" goes back to that movie school able to scare and upset just with the power of a great, solid plot and a dreamlike, suspenseful direction.

• Jun 21, 2019

A great, creepy movie that shows the horror genre how it's done.

A great, creepy movie that shows the horror genre how it's done.

• Jun 17, 2019

worst movie ever ....illogical

worst movie ever ....illogical

• Jun 12, 2019

Did you even what the movie? wtf 0.00000% shitiy ritting shithydirector, everything it's whrong. Disapointed