The Witch Reviews

• Sep 29, 2020

Blobbo going blind? Why movie so dim? Nothing much happen, life too short, not finish watching.

• 4d ago

Too many holes that could've been filled, but overall worth the watch, if you don't mind dissecting the plot.

• 6d ago

A movie based on New England Folk Lore that left alot of be desired. There was a lack of build up. No actual scares. Just alot of talking with some ok moments to be like "oh wow". I personally felt the acting was sub par. There was no chemistry between the actors and at times it felt forced.

• 6d ago

Bad things happen to a family who've left a colony over religious differences so they think their eldest child is a witch but really, a devil-ish goat is responsible and once the family are dead, the girl then becomes a witch.

• Sep 11, 2020

Story/Screenplay: (3.5/5) An original drama with a limited storyline told in a deliberate and compelling manner. Primarily a suspense drama with only a hint of horror thrown in, the increasing build up in tension was somewhat undermined by the overly subtle delivery of the story. Duration/Tempo: (3/5) At 1 hour and 32 minutes, it's a very short film that felt average in length. Pacing was very slow throughout. Cast & Crew: (3.5/5) Anya Taylor-Joy and Ralph Ineson delivered very good performances. Summary: (3.5/5) The film felt like it was plodding at times, but the story and cast were good. A borderline thumbs up.

• Sep 01, 2020

Easily my favorite horror film in the last 5 years. It's hard to remember a film that left such a lasting impression upon me, without using over the top gore or going to any extremes. This films squeezes every ounce of atmosphere from it's surroundings, it's characters, and it slowly pours a story over your senses. Never letting up, and drenching you with some great storytelling, and solid acting. I found myself scared and looking at each scene with a feeling of peeking around a corner, but without a true corner to hide behind. A true classic of storytelling horror!

• Sep 01, 2020

Weird crazy movie starring the girl from split. This movie is nothing I expected it to be and that's a good thing because this movie took me by surprise and made me actually think about a movie and I applaud this movie for making me think. I know critics are going to give this movie a low score because they have to think about it and yes this movie is out of the ordinary. But for me, the only case of me watching this again is with a friend who's never seen this film.

• Aug 30, 2020

I watched this film after watching same director's other movie "The Lighthouse". This film was nothing but a slow family drama questioning their belief in God and descending into madness. Talking of acting, it was not upto the mark but you spend the movie waiting for a big finale which does not happen. The story was simple, nothing special. Overall, would say that it will be better for you to watch same director's other work "The Lighthouse" which was much better than this.

• Aug 29, 2020

Very slow paced theme building, but it was an astonishing ride through history.

Very slow paced theme building, but it was an astonishing ride through history.

• Aug 28, 2020

I still wonder to this day how this movie got a 90 on here. Normally I get bored fairly easily with movies that have that Pilgrim/Puritan setting to it. But early on it did enough to keep me interested, but by the end it was long-winded, and while it had a couple scares, was extremely boring