The World's End - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The World's End Reviews

½ May 21, 2017
Nothing like what I was hoping for, long, boring and terrible comedy. I threw this DVD in the bin immediately
May 10, 2017
entertaining, but a little out of this world
April 24, 2017
for the most part it was really funny, there were however, incredibly sad parts. the directing in this film was incredible.
April 8, 2017
It's too soon to say, but I think this is the most memorable of the trilogy. Slow in parts, too fast in others, ... but sure had a good time. A blast.
½ April 8, 2017
I enjoyed the fuck out of this
½ April 2, 2017
Bringing Edgar Wright's Cornetto trilogy to close, "The World's End" is furious, bloody good fun.
March 19, 2017
A perfect conclusion to the Cornetto Trilogy. The humour here is in equal parts broad as it is mature. Simon Pegg perfectly captures the British male's midlife crisis, which in turn is emphasised in its many facets by the supporting cast. Admittedly this film's fatalistic atmosphere may seem, in the first instance, as at odds with its two spiritual sequels. That said, this film is preoccupied with the dangerous and insidious nature of expectation. It is a masterpiece concerning nostalgia.
March 12, 2017
A lot of fun. Tons of laughs. Fun, drinking buddy movie.
½ March 8, 2017
Brilliantly raucous, deliriously dark and consistently hilarious, The World's End succeeds in all the same areas as Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, as well as many more. You'll be hard pushed to find a fault in the humour of the script and Edgar Wright is a contemporary comic genius, not to mention his ability to get the most out of his actors. The World's End has a great cast, lots of famous faces, and all of them will make you laugh at some point, whether it's the script, an idiosyncracy of a character or a quirk of the story. All in all, The World's End is solid British comedy, underlined by a biting parodic premise and ultra-realistic narrative. The third installment of the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy ends weirdly, but fans of Wright, Pegg and Frost, along with Cornetto novices, will find themselves suitably (mightily) entertained.
½ March 1, 2017
I guess there are diminishing returns from these Simon Pegg/Nick Frost comedies directed by Edgar Wright. By this, the third movie (after Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz), the formula seems evident - take a genre, throw in some action, some broad British comedy (though not too dry), and race through things, not forgetting to have a few touching human moments (about friendship). OK, I can't quite recall the earlier movies that well but The World's End feels a bit thin. The plot sees Pegg's loser-who-hasn't-grown-up character getting his old friends (who have) together to do an epic pub crawl that they didn't quite complete back in 1990 when they graduated from high school. However, their old town seems to have been taken over by the Body Snatchers who become increasingly menacing. Cue the action. I'm not saying that there aren't some good witticisms here or that a lot of thought hasn't gone into the script/set design/casting, it's just that it all left me a bit flat. Your average action comedy really is a kind of unchallenging junk food these days -- and I accept that sometimes that's what you want - but it isn't sustaining.
½ February 26, 2017
The 5/5 acting makes a 3/5 story better.
February 23, 2017
Man this movie is awesome and funny
February 20, 2017
I have a soft spot for Simon Pegg/Edgar Wright movies.
February 20, 2017
The first half an hour or so of the film really drags, and is none of the jokes are inventive or really hit at all. The only thing that was keeping my attention was the impeccable chemistry between the main cast. They seem to really enjoy working together and bounce off one another well. The movie really picks up pace once the aliens are revealed.
½ February 14, 2017
It's the weakest of the Cornetto Trilogy, but is still a fun humorous comedy nevertheless.
February 12, 2017
Great movie about robots has a great storyline
January 31, 2017
The worlds end is a good movie pretty good for an Edgar wright movie
January 22, 2017
The best movie of the corneto trilogy and the best movie of the year.
½ January 21, 2017
The World's End is not only my favourite out of the so called Cornetto-Trilogy but also one of the best comedies I've ever seen. It's clever, it's crass, and it has what many comedies lack: Real heart.