Them - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Them Reviews

½ March 9, 2019
Kinda slow but a pretty good plot that didn't give itself away until the very end.
½ December 7, 2018
Not nearly as graphic or disturbing as I was expecting. The film was very good but loses points for the protagonists being so stupid. Twice they had the opportunity to kill one of the antagonists and opted not to. Thats very frustrating and irritating to watch. Otherwise it was a fine movie that had a lot of suspense. The acting was very good as you could really feel the dread they were going through. The cinematography was also great as the 3 locations were perfectly isolated and creepy - a huge huge house, a dark forest and underground tunnels. The plot wasn't unique but was executed very well.
November 20, 2018
"They wouldn't play with us‚? gives us the exact same chills ‚because you were home‚? did in The Strangers. With the rise of the delightfully gory New French Extremity movement in horror, Them is a refreshing break from the over the top gore. The film claims to be based on true events and at first, it is hard to establish where this film will go. You will be questioning whether it‚(TM)s a thriller, home invasion or possible slasher.
The movie focuses on two main characters, there‚(TM)s school teacher Clementine and her partner Lucas, who have moved from France to an idyllic home in the Romanian capital. What was supposed to be a romantic night-in in their secluded home turns into a nightmare. When they witness their car being stolen, lights being turned off and the phone lines cut, they realize they are not as secluded as they believed.
As the movie is only a little over an hour long, it comes as no surprise that there is little to the plot but is that the director‚(TM)s motive? Mindless violence by the hands of youths, could that be a statement that mindless violence portrayed by film, tv etc has an impact on some teenagers today?
August 9, 2018
Them Them (Ils) 2006 is an unsung classic in the home invasion genre.
When I first watched this film I was not sure what the "Evil" was until half way through when the main protagonists backed into a hooded assailant in what was probably the most suspenseful scene in modern day horror.
The gripping film score by Renť-Marc Bini only serves to enhance an already suspenseful story of a school teacher attached in her own home by children while her fiancť struggles to protect her as they are cut off from the outside world.
Them is complete with themes of isolation as well as misguided trust as in the climax of the film the protagonist puts her faith in the wrong person.
Movies like the strangers owe a great debt to
" Them"

This is easily on my top 20 horror films of the 2000's so far.
I hope you all enjoy the film and it's brilliant score as much as I did.
½ February 1, 2018
At its best this is a very good and unnervingly scary thriller, especially when the menace is suggested through silence and shadow. What little plot there is - young attractive couple laid siege in their vast country mansion - matters less than what the filmmakers are trying to do: scare their audience! Well acted too, and only 75 minutes long.
½ December 17, 2017
The film The Strangers is loosely based on/ inspired by. I liked our main protagonists better here, the main antagonists were equally great in each, and I liked the ending better here. In the end, both are about equal to each other, though I think I liked The Strangers a tiny bit better. Still definitely worth a watch
August 3, 2017
Disappointing... had high hopes.
June 17, 2017
Don't waste your time like I did. "Them" aren't scary. Slow, which isn't bad, but there needs to be a payoff. the first 2/3s of the movie wrote a check it couldn't cash.
June 11, 2017
Them: A French couple living in a remote house in the Romanian forests finds themselves under attack by a mysterious occurrence. This film claims to be based on actual events, and as long as you ignore the nonsensical story in place of the action, you will enjoy. B
June 8, 2017
ohmygosh; kids are so scary. i hate them. even though these ones were fairly impressive...
February 11, 2017
Seemed a little strange. The twist at the end was good, but nothing more than the conventional stuck in a house being hunted down approach. Alright for a nighttime scare!
½ December 30, 2016
A more then solid thriller with almost zero gore that moves fast and keeps the tension high throughout.
½ August 3, 2016
Forget The Strangers, this is the horror movie to see, its made a lot better, the camera work, the story, the tension, it is all done ten times better then The Strangers and this is one of my favorite horror movies ever. This is should be the template on how to make great, disturbing, creepy films. Loved it.
½ January 9, 2016
Disturbing how kids can become like that, but still they are just that kids. They are inferior in strenght so it wouldn't be hard to just bet the crap out of them. can't see the horror becouse of it..
½ August 2, 2015
Serviceable horror movie with solid scares but the ultimate premise was more than a little stupid.
½ July 21, 2015
A tense French horror flick, but it runs into some few cliches and has several illogical sequences that make it frustrating. [B]
May 12, 2015
It follows numerous cliches and the fright factor isn't too lasting, but Them doesn't have any gore and as a result proves more scary than most horror films and it's enough to keep you up a night.
April 11, 2015
An interesting and suspenseful movie. But be warned that it is disturbing and more so than "The Strangers."
April 7, 2015
Intensity defined. Watch and revel.