Third Person Reviews

• Oct 22, 2018

Liam Neeson is really out of shape in this movie. He comes across a bit smug. I think most writers are. Olivia Wilde who played his younger love interest comes across as 30 something teenager who acts like a socialite on heat. Kim Basinger well shes on the phone most of the movie , blubbering. Italy based Adrien Brody is a good actor but he looks kinda slimey. Its his nose. But his storyline with the gypsy lady and the con was most interesting. Oh yes and Italians can be annoying. Mila Kunis/James Franco estranged couple. She was fine, best character in the movie. James Franco acted stoned. Mario Bello as the lawyer. Always looks a bit rough to me. Too many drink and smokes I think. All in all a jumbled up drag of a movie that is watchable because of the stellar cast.

• Jun 06, 2018

Haggis has made a pretty uninteresting film about a washed up writer and his Mistress. To make up for a lousy script it´s over 2 hours long.

• Jun 03, 2018

A very badly constructed movie involving three different stories in three different cities. The director tries to be clever-clever by interweaving them, but just ends up confusing us. Compare this crap to Woody Allen's brilliant "To Rome with Love".

• Jan 15, 2018

Really rather pretentious melodrama. What is going on with Haggis...? Seems like he's trying too hard to recapture the magic from Crash. It's an incoherent mess that drags far too long. What a great cast wasted...

• Apr 13, 2017

Can't understand the low ratings. A very well-done, thought-provoking film.

Can't understand the low ratings. A very well-done, thought-provoking film.

• Nov 15, 2016

What started out as an interesting, complex drama ended in the most disappointing way possible: without clearing anything. Not to mention the million questions that are left unanswered.

• Oct 27, 2016

Great cast. Convoluted story line. Complicated. Pointless. Continuity gaps. Leaves you wondering the entire movie. Stupid movie. Lame ending but it explains it.

• Oct 22, 2016

I don't understand what happened. What did Mila Kunis do to her son? Is Olivia Wilde having an affair with her dad?!? More of that would have been interesting... The gypsy woman does not really have a daughter is all I know for sure. Blah.

• Jul 20, 2016

Can't believe the reviews. Solipsistic? No; thoughtful, well observed and excoriatingly honest. This film is a very writerly meditation on grief, love and trust and their counterpoints of denial, lust and betrayal. Yes the plot is byzantine but it is tight although you really have to pay attention. All the loose ends tie up, all the allusions fit and all the characters and their scenes add to the overall purpose. Yes, hard work; but worth it. I can only imagine that some critics did not pay attention, others found some of the themes repulsive and yet others just were not in the mood. This film may suffer from the "not auteur" myopia of others. We have polarised cinema now so it is challenging to see a list actors and directors doing something we usually only accept from Indi film makers. Go watch it.

• May 09, 2016

This was a snooooooooze. This film bored the hell out of me. Every character is dealing with a sense of loss of some sort and it sort of ties them all together? Sort of? The ending is really confusing and I have no desire to understand it lol. Didn't enjoy this one, at all