This Is My Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

This Is My Life Reviews

August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ July 28, 2014
Some good dialogue and pleasant story, but somehow. it just doesn't quite make it to the really good.
February 10, 2014
A funny and honest film about a rise to fame and true mother-daughter relationships.
½ June 18, 2010
A little forgettable, but I liked what I saw of it.
½ October 26, 2009
Caught this movie on HBO. It was cute in a way. Hadn't seen Julie Kavner play a lead role that I can think of right off. She's known for the voice of Marge Simpson. However, I think she pulled it off pretty well. The little subplots in the movie actually take away from the story itself which the two children do a great job holding together.
May 31, 2009
If you have an hour to waste then you get to a slightly touching part, followed by 10 more minutes of agony. Such a good cast movie had potential but do yourself a favor and don't. Lick a fork and stick it in a socket, it's quicker!!
½ January 19, 2009
This Is My Life is the story of a Single mother who dreams of becoming a stand up comedian and the relationship she shares with her two daughters.
Julie Kavner plays Dottie. Aside from her voice grating on my nerves, she voices the famous Marge Simpson, I thought her performance was nothing spectacular. A young Samantha Mathis plays her oldest daughter, Erica. She was convincing as this teenager who was trying to come into her own. An even younger Gaby Hoffman plays the youngest daughter, Opal. The girls did have good chemistry as sisters. The cast also stars Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) and the great Dan Akroyd. Although, there wasn't enough of his character, and he wasn't able to bring out his wonderful comedic flare at all.
With Nora Ephron in the directors chair, I really expected this to be a heartwarming tale with the box of Kleenex handy. This Is My Life was cute, but it was lacking something. I would give it lukewarm at best.
October 27, 2008
I stayed up watching this movie and couldn't stop. Yup.
½ October 8, 2008
Sweet lil' movie!!!!
½ September 5, 2008
So that's what Marge Simpson looks like.. Interesting drama although the Samantha Mathis character annoyed me.
½ June 11, 2008
i dont remember it much but i rented it long ago... i remeber julie kavner and the struggle her daughters went through as she rose in her career... it was sweet story and a good first film for ephron.
½ May 31, 2008
Lays it on a bit thick, but worth seeing. [fmc 05-08]
½ April 12, 2008
yay my suggestion was taken! :D
first rating!
i liked this movie. it's a great chick flick. not amazing, but better than a lot of those other more recent mindless ones (because i said so, etc)