Thor: Ragnarok - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thor: Ragnarok Reviews

½ September 21, 2018
I wasn't a fan of the first Thor film so didn't bother with the second and neither have I seen any of the Hulk films. so it came as somewhat of surprise how much I absolutely loved this film. I suspect it has a lot to do with Taika Waititi being the director. And his role as Korg - who's my favourite character from the film. This is just so much fun!
½ September 20, 2018
One of Marvel's finest and funnest movies. An overall blast of a good time. Great action scenes, characters, and all that good stuff. Who new that marvel would make me like Thor so much that now he is one of my favorite Avengers after this movie and in Infinity war.
September 20, 2018
Seriously one of the best MCU movies. This is the best Thor movie that gives his character a rebirth to bring in more movies.
½ September 18, 2018
Visually stunning and hilarious.
½ September 17, 2018
The first Thor standalone film to have a voice of its own, and that voice is hilarious and campy with some tasty eye candy.
September 17, 2018
Half star penalty for making Thor one-eyed :(
September 16, 2018
Amazing! This is by far the best Thor movie ever and my second favorite marvel movie after Avengers: Infinity War. It was just the right amount of action and comedy. This is also to me the funniest Marvel movie ever made it beats out the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. The visual effects were spectacularly gorgeous. The story and screenplay were fantastic. The acting performance were just stupendous especially Chris Hemsworth, Cate Blanchett, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Tessa Thompson, Jeff Goldblum, and Idris Elba also I loved the voice over performance from the movies director Taika Waititi. This movie was hilarious. Thor: Ragnarok is one of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. A+.
½ September 16, 2018
"AND THAT'S WHAT SUPER HEROES DO!!!!" -- THOR Ragnorak 92% RT score

Thor's DUMBEST ONE LINER THROUGHOUT MOVIE and critics thought it was brilliant ... anything Disney does is brilliant.
½ September 14, 2018
Thor: Ragnarok, is a great movie with a good combination of action and comedy. While the comedy can draw away from the action at times, otherwise it is a good combination of the two. I think this movie has a good storyline and leads into Infinity war nicely.
September 13, 2018
so much fun,but terrible ending ,still no idea whats the play with 'one eye'.
so they may changing the name to 'marvel one-eye studios'.....
½ September 10, 2018
Easilly the worst film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and one of the worst Marvel films as a whole, still slighty above the bloody awful Amazing Spiderman films, and Fant4stic Four 2015, and equally as bad as Thor 2.

The film does more than jumping the shark, it jumps a sharknado. It is a parody of the character and it's supporting character, there's a completely tonally deaf dissonance between what's happening on-screen and how the characters behave, the movie is asking me to laugh out loud while people are dying, and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

Maybe I am the wrong person to revie this film as the comedic aspects are the ones I hate the most about the Marvel Cinematic Universe, finding awfull the jolkes of Joss Wheddn, added in The Avengers 1 and 2, and specially the unwatchable Justice League, which everyone enjoyed at least on the first 2 films.

My biggest criticism towards The Avengers portrayal of Thor, was how in the first film, he jokes "He is adopted!", instead of having concerns or sadness towards his brotthers horrible actions. This movie doubles down on that comedic portrayal, and makes it feel even more like a parody/

The performances are good, but it feels, everytime some plot is happening, characters just are too self-aware, in a kind of something weird is happening the world is in danger again, but they don't take too deriouly , it lwys feels sarcastic and n a way where they want you to laugh. All plot is said very hamfisted, because the film just want to jump into the next joke.

If someone had told this film with a straight face, it could have been good. But as it is this parody does not deserve a fresh rating, because it insults me, by not trusting in my cappacity of taking a comic book film seriously.
September 10, 2018
Its nonstop slapstick moments deprive the film of any dramatic tension and its only saving grace is Blanchett's Hela, but even then her character is not given enough to do.
½ September 10, 2018
Ok so ragnarok means death and destruction and its basically been turned into a comedy. A chance for marvel to do a different tone of movie and they throw out another copycat marvel movie. It should be called thor +
guardians of the galaxy stupidity. God awful overrated movie.
September 7, 2018
Thor Ragnarok: 6/10 - This movie was a blast to watch. I was a little apprehensive about Taika Waititi directing an action movie, but that worry was put to rest. The action is the best part of this movie. It looks amazing, it's fluid and cool and fun. The problems mostly come in its issues with tone. There are three writers on this movie, none of them are Waititi, and they all crammed as many jokes into this movie as possible. Now wall-to-wall jokes can be great, my favourite film Hot Fuzz is backed to the brim, but the jokes in Ragnarok lack subtlety. I mean, this is not a movie that's trying to be subtle at all, but every joke is front and center, they want to make sure you get every one the first time through. So a lot of the time there are moments that could feel powerful that end up falling flat. The biggest example of this is right at the end of the movie, there is a impactful moment of destruction that could have been very powerful. It could have been a real moment for most of the characters in the film. But instead the character literally voiced by the director makes a very obvious joke that completely defuses any emotional impact the scene might have had. It seems so obvious that it should have been cut, and yet the director didn't just leave it in, he delivered the misstep himself. It's an amazingly blatant example of "kill your darlings." But I'm spending too much time on the negatives in this movie. It's very fun, the cast is very funny, and Blanchett is one of Marvel's best villains. A nice action comedy that's worth watching at least once.
September 7, 2018
Definitely in my top 3 out of all the marvel movies. You owe it to yourself to see this movie.
½ September 7, 2018
The plot line was amazing and it had great character development for the Hulk and Loki. The actors were amazing as always and I liked how Chris took advice form fans regarding his eye and hair. The soundtrack was great and suited the movie. It was a very good movie.
September 7, 2018
Chris Hemsworth is always a win.
½ September 6, 2018
It's stylish and fun, but I don't think it goes quite far enough with the tone and aesthetic it establishes early on. The comedy works well and it carries heart, but it still feels a little too short.
½ September 6, 2018
This is just an insanely fun ride. Let your brain turn off for a second and just enjoy the ride. It has such colorful comedy, beautiful set pieces, and amazing action.
½ September 5, 2018
This is a movie Thor deserves...Truly the best Thor movie...Main character is great,Villain is amazing,Side characters are great..Really fun movie.