Thor: Ragnarok - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Thor: Ragnarok Reviews

November 17, 2018
My favorite superhero I love this movie funny a lot of action is all I want in a movie
½ November 17, 2018
Stellar on every level. Easily the best Thor yet.
November 17, 2018
Best Marvel movie until Infinity War.
½ November 17, 2018
A bold try here. You could tell that Disney went all out on this one. Ultimately, the 80s theme, the farcical situations, the jokes and the music were entertaining. However, I kept thinking to myself, this is a bit much and ultimately I am skeptical that this would be considered one to last the test of time. The CGI was a bit much and Hulk was annoying. It's just too much to have him throw a wolf that's 500 times his size. Some of the visuals were good, but then it just got to be too much.
November 17, 2018
At last a Thor movie that's great fun and its so good to see Chris Hemsworth ditch his Shakespearean speech. Hats off to Taika Waititi on making a Marvel classic, and turning Thor into the mega hero of Avengers Infinity War. He needs to be given Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 to direct now.
November 16, 2018
Awesome movie. It almost felt like Led Zeppelin's Immigrant song was written all those years ago in anticipation of this movie.
November 16, 2018
too many 'jokes' but still some epic overall story telling
November 15, 2018
This is, in my opinion, the best Marvel movie in the Avengers universe. The humor is on point and the action is great. Its aesthetically pleasing and the sound track is amazing, theses good character and plot development throughout the film! I've seen it several times and it never gets old!
½ November 14, 2018
This movie hit the sweet spot with it's vibes, it feels like a futuristic 80's movie, with a touch of cyberpunk to it, and it's made by Marvel studios...simply amazing. The actors did amazing jobs at their performance and delivering us the funnies moments in the MCU yet with the movie script humor which is right on spot and it gives us even a lot of laugh out loud moments. I love the director's style and what he was going for, the cinematography is amazing with the practical effects combined with the CGI makes the movies visual stunning as expected of a Marvel movie. The sound effect and music just adds to the movies amazingly 80's vibe that they where going for and makes it more entertaining. Chris, Jeff Goldblum, Tom, Cate, Idris Elba, Tessa Thompson, Mark and the great Anthony Hopkins did a fantastic job delivering their characters to the big screen, and I think this time it's done the best we've seen so far in the MCU. It has emotion, tension and weight to their personalities and overall immersion to the story. Which is amazingly delivered. The plot is pretty simple but it works with the rest of the movie's formula! It's not even the ending is cheesy or cliche in any way and it represents the drama aspect of the movie. The action is amazing and we finally see Thor in it's full glory and potential. The movie's message is really strong and it has a big presence over the plot, also the sub-plots are amazing with every single character having his screen time.
Overall this is an amazing movie, and the best from Thor yet! It's very fun to watch and overly entertaining with not even the slightest pacing issue. It keeps the pressure until the end. Great job and respect for the cast and director/writers.
½ November 13, 2018
The film features numerous tonal flaws, but is almost redeemed by originality, perfect direction and a refreshing new take on what was up to this point, Marvel's worst franchise.
½ November 13, 2018
I think these idiot reviewers are getting paid by marvel. To be honest, being myself a marvel fan, this movie is pathetic. This, I think is the worse movie of MCU. They are insane. With their stupid, lame fart jokes.. they turned Thor, a Norse god a joke. Few scenes were extraordinary though. Rotten tomatoes must be below 25%.
November 12, 2018
It's a great movie!
½ November 12, 2018
In the last few years I stopped watching Marvel movies because I found them boring and overrated. Then I hear of Thor Ragnarok and I was surprised to see so many good reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. I was even more surprised after watching the movie, since it was not only boring (to me), but I almost felt embarassed for how pathetic and silly Thor (the character) was, and the movie with him. Is this funny? I didn't think so.
November 11, 2018
On the surface, this Marvel film was better than most; for one thing, it was actually funny (whoda thunk something based on a comic book should be funny?) The world-building and usage of CGI was impressive, so much I wonder why Lucasfilm does not watch it and take notes. However, after the arena scene with the Hulk, the story lost much of its steam. We are left watching the inevitable "Act 3" moment featuring death, destruction, 9-11 imagery, bad mean women taking over the world (even though she had every right to do what she did, if you stop and concentrate on Odain's story arc,) and more cliffhanger endings. If you liked Lady Galadrial, here she is in black with bull horns. If you like Eomer, here he is with a bald head bellowing his head off.
November 10, 2018
Simply loved the movie. Daughter and I watched it a lot. Great colors, visuals. Thor was awesome, Hulk was awesome. Highly entertaining from start to finish.
½ November 9, 2018
What a change in direction! While its predecessors fail to be films by definition, the MCU has hired a talented filmmaker in Waititi to create a hilarious, zany picture that reinvents Thor, making him a more humourous lead. The rest of the cast work brilliantly (save the somewhat cringy performance by Urban), and work around a simple-yet-fun plot that makes for a wonderful entry into the MCU.
November 6, 2018
"Thor: Ragnarok" completely makes up for the underwhelming Thor movies before it (mostly due to the inclusion of Taika Waititi) by delivering hilarious humor, a great villain, and some of the most fun the MCU can provide.
November 5, 2018
A three because there was entirely too much joking around in this movie and not enough heroism. It's important to make sure you follow the books closely otherwise you're missing the point! Thor should have received the full power of the Thor Force after his father died relinquishing the Odinforce. That didn't really happen here!
½ November 4, 2018