Three Identical Strangers Reviews

• Feb 12, 2020

How much of a good documentary is form and how much is content? Little shine, but much shape; Three Identical Strangers' story stranger than fiction and with just the right amount of twists at just the right time, makes for a very gripping watch. The doc starts slow and finishes fast, it's intimate and clever without being complicated or overbearing. It cleverly draws no conclusions, it's very neutral, and well structured.

• Jan 16, 2020

While the story has great appeal it telling is poorly constructed and confusing. A clearer narrative line and focus would have made for a better end result.

• Dec 31, 2019

This documentary is extremely well done and keeps you invested through its entire run. It starts out as a fun and quirky against-the-odds-story and and slowly builds a conspiracy. By the end, you are so paranoid that it nearly becomes a horror movie.

• Dec 16, 2019

Three Identical Strangers Directed by Tom Wardle Three identical strangers start as a story of what seemed like a miracle, three triplets who were separated at birth find each other after growing up with no knowledge of each other. In the beginning, it was all fun and the film sets the mood of fun and happiness as it shows clips of the brothers on talk shows together and partying. But as we get a little farther the doc takes a dark turn as we find nothing about this story was a coincidence after all. We see many scenes of images on the screen with the brothers speaking over it telling their story. Some the director did extremely well (SPOILER ALERT) was that in the first half of the doc where we don't yet know that one of the brothers killed himself the way the brothers are being interviewed and their voices are being played you don't even notice only two of them are talking. The fact that they all looked alike made this easier for the director but I've seen docs where I knew who lived or didn't based on who they were interviewed. Where in this doc it's very surprising one you find out about the one brother.

• Sep 16, 2019

Three Identical Strangers is a 2018 documentary film directed by Tim Wardle. It examines a set of American triplets, born in 1961. This is an interesting, insightful, and ultimately tragic film based on a true story.

• Sep 05, 2019

Interesting story, but the filmmakers attempt to weigh in on the debate with the ridiculous suggestion that a father was indirectly responsible for his sons suicide was exploitative and wrong.

• Aug 20, 2019

Unbelievable, chilling and thought-provoking, this documentary takes you on a real-life exploration of the centuries-old dilemma of nature vs nurture and the lengths that some humans will go through in the name of "science"

• Aug 12, 2019

I don't like documentaries much. They tend to be pure hero-worship, and that hero-worship gets hero-worshipped by critics who don't find anything wrong with the hero-worship. This documentary is not about famous people, and thus, is not hero-worship, which is already a step up. Moreover, the documentary is willing to face the problems that the twins faced, including depression and suicidal thoughts, and the shady organization that was associated with their birth. The problem is that when you walk away from the film, you think it's a good film. But it's told in such a straightforward, traditional way (characteristic of most documentaries) that you can only call it a good film. It's not great, and not a film I thought a lot about after I finished it.

• Jul 30, 2019

One of the most entertaining docs I've seen. Takes some very sad turns though. And then gets a little lost in critiquing parenting styles.

• Jul 16, 2019

I did not expect to be as drawn into this film as I was. This is an incredible, true story. It "boggles the mind," as Robert says, in the film. Fascinating and moving.