Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

December 7, 2016
best movie ever. the ship about titanic sank with iceberg
½ December 1, 2016
Titanic is a romance movie about two people, Jack and Rose who fall in love aboard the Titanic, a ship sailing to America in the year 1912. Jack is a poor man and Rose is a rich woman who is set to marry a man named Cal who is also rich by inheritance. Jack sees that Rose is not happy with Cal and he tries to free her and the two ends up falling in love after he saves her from wanting to jump off the back of the Titanic. Rose's mother, Ruth, doesn't approve of the two ( Jack and Rose ) being together, mainly for two reason, one, Jack is poor and two Cal is set to marry Rose so that they will stay rich. Well, the two try their best to break away from Ruth and Cal; however, the Titanic hits an iceberg and ends up sinking. Jack has been falsely accused of stealing a very expensive diamond necklace and is handcuffed to a pipe in the bottom of the ship. Rose, instead of going on a lifeboat to safety, goes to rescue Jack. They both end up missing all the life boats. The ship sink and Jack finds the head board of a bed and puts Rose on it while they wait on the life boats to come back. hours later, after Rose wake up Jack is frozen and everyone else that was in the water. Rose tries to woke Jack up, but she couldn't do she kisses him hand and says,' she will never let go' and Jack sinks to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. Shortly after, rescue boats appear and Rose is saved.
November 30, 2016
Best blockbuster ever! Cameron at its best!
November 26, 2016
Cried at the end of the movie
November 26, 2016
A light hearted, fun romance until disaster strikes.
November 21, 2016
a classic...the movie that made me fall in love with Leo+Kate.
November 21, 2016
best disaster love movie I ever seen
November 21, 2016
Best movie ever, well according to my taste and personal history anyway.

Score: 100
November 17, 2016
This film is... a MASTERPIECE!!!
½ November 17, 2016
My favourite movie as a youth, I watched it night after night after night, only because, I didn't think the movie was sad, now I think what kind of moment I am talking about if you have seen this movie. If you haven't? then, you've missed out on a cult. Leo and Kate did a great job in this movie, I just think you should see it if you haven't, because, it is a modern cult-classic. Nothing, you wanna miss out on.
November 14, 2016
A classic masterpiece my daughter and I have enjoyed for many years. James Cameron's attention to detail in his movies is amazing.
November 14, 2016
This is my favorite movie I recomend it!
November 11, 2016
Ok so I've been trying to start this review right and I just can't find a way to do it. So i'm just going to say it. I LOVE THIS FILM! There are a few reasons why I like this film. 1. The story. This film's plot is great. A story about a boy and a girl on the ship of dreams, who are separated by their social class. That is great storytelling. 2. The Cast. The cast in this film is great. With HollyWood A listers like Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. The two make a great pair. And last but not least 3. The Special Effects. The Special Effects in this film are amazing. What they can do with the Titanic is awesome. The sinking of the Titanic shows us what HollyWood can really do. Overall Titanic is a triumphant film. If you have a Netflix subscription, the check out this movie. You'll be glad you did.
November 8, 2016
It's sappy and melodramatic, but that hardly matters with James Cameron's deft direction, strong visuals and fantastic performances from Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet.
November 5, 2016
TITANIC! It's what's on Saturday night!!!
November 5, 2016
James Cameron presents his complete vision as he directs, produces, and writes the historical drama Titanic. The story of the real ship is relatively known, as it wrecked and is one of the greatest shipwrecks of all time. To turn this event into a movie can be done several ways. Cameron is able to take what could be a 20-minute scene into a 3-hour masterpiece. The story begins in the present where a researcher Captain Smith (Bill Paxton) is searching for a diamond known as the heart of the ocean. As he peruses the ocean depths and the wreck of the Titanic, he comes across some drawings of a woman wearing this jewel. He soon gets a call from a woman claiming to be the lady in the drawing which would put her at 101 years of age.

Although dubious Captain Smith and his crew, let Rose Bukater (Gloria Stuart) tell the tale of the ships ultimate demise. She begins the tale as a spoiled rich girl who takes life for granted. Kate Winslet is Rose in the past, and she is on the verge of being married to a wealthy industrialist Cal (Billy Zane). She does not love him, but is under the social pressures to make the marriage work and secure her and her mother's financial future. These pressures put her on the verge of suicide, until she comes across a young man Jack Dawson (Leonardo Dicaprio) who talks her out of it. The two begin courting each other despite her being an aristocrat, and he being a third-class passenger. Cameron attempts to encapsulate every aspect of what would be happening on the ship at the time. This includes the classes, the luxury, and social status of everyone on board. The attention to detail is astounding as it's hard not believe it was 1912. The hubris of the crew, first class passengers, and captain led to the ship's demise. Nearly attempts you to fall in love with the characters and the ship, so you become all the more remorseful when the ship befalls its tragic end.

The focal point of the film really is a budding romance between Jack and Rose. Cameron tries to demonstrate that true love can happen regardless of circumstances, class, or wealth. The decision to cast the once then heart-throb DiCaprio had countless teenage girls gushing over this film. Although this may one of the weaker aspects of the film, this gave Titanic a bad reputation that is not particularly deserving. The allure in the film is the attention to detail with the costumes, setting, and sets and it cost a whopping 200 million which was an enormous budget for 1997. The film has an excellent supporting cast, as Rose's mother and her fiancÚ are both detestable. Kathy Bates does a good job providing comic relief in the stuff first class scene. The last half of the film or so is the ship's collision with the iceberg and its eventual sinking. The way this was done was simply breathtaking, and is a complete opposite of the calm and cool first half. The special effects done to wreck the Titanic were top notch, and believable. Its these aspects of the film that warrant the film winning 11 Oscars including best picture, director, editing, costumes, and effects. Titanic truly is a great film for taking the audience on a journey to 1912 and to witness and feel like a part of one of the most tragic events in ship history.

-11.5.2016
October 30, 2016
Epic from 1997 about the seemingly unsinkable ocean liner the RMS Titanic which did just that on its maiden voyage in 1912.
The first half of the film focuses on a made up forbidden love affair between a rich first class passenger Rose (Kate Winslet) and a poor third class ticket holder Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio).
The second half of the film focuses on the actual events of the ship hitting the iceberg and sinking.
The production design which included intricate details of the decks and replicas of the ship are excellent and rightfully won an Academy Award for long time James Bond movie veteran Peter Lamont.
These epics just are better films I find. The extended running time allows more detail and better examples of the directors work. In this film James Cameron is the director (The Terminator, Aliens).
A film I won't have the time or inclination to watch again but one I would strongly advise everyone to watch at some stage.
October 27, 2016
Even if it's a little cheesy at times, this epic is really a must-see.
½ October 25, 2016
Filmed in 1997, Titanic took over the country's list of favorite movies because of the gripping love triangle between Rose Bukater (Kate Winslet), Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio), and Caledon Hockley (Billy Zane). Rose, a rich, well-mannered, but depressed girl is traveling with her family and fiance, Caledon (AKA Cal). Soon after entering the ship, she decides that she is unhappy with life and decides to attempt suicide. While about to kill herself, Jack stops her. After this, she begins to spend more time with Jack rather than Cal. Whether this means she lacks fidelity or not (I would leave my fiance for Jack Dawson, too), she begins to fall in love with Jack and his free spirited/ humble personality, which causes tension between Rose, Cal, and her family amidst the historically tragic sinking of the Titanic. Connections between the past and present of Rose's life offer an in-depth view of events that occur. Skilled actors, beautiful soundtracks, and well created sets and graphic effects add to the detail of Titanic. However, the fact that the movie last three hours can be a deterrent to audiences, but constant drama might be enough to hold your attention. Still, the romance in the movie is predictable: there is forbidden love, a city girl and a country boy, and the focus on romance can take away from historical accuracy. Overall, I give the movie 4.5 stars out of 5, and recommend it to anyone who wants an amazingly executed and tear-jerking romance.