Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

August 19, 2011
I will never let go!
June 28, 2016
I still cry no matter how many times I've seen it
½ June 28, 2016
A super entertaining, moving epic that transcends its cliches
½ June 27, 2016
I could care less about the first hour, with all that romance, mushy crap. The last half is where it gets exciting. The original Poseidon Adventure, is so much better.
June 3, 2016
The technical achievements of Titanic (special effects, life-size replica, sinking sequence) are extraordinary and innovative on a monumental scale that outweighs its weak story, script, and cheesy scenes.
½ December 10, 2007
A well-deserved recipient of the most amount of Academy Awards in movie history. Titanic is bolstered by a combination of superb acting, thrilling visuals, an intoxicating score, heartbreak, and old-fashioned romance. Cameron has truly done justice to the sinking of Titanic, as well, by conveying the appalling pride and need for glory that indirectly plunged the ship into the iceberg that sent nearly 2,000 people to their deaths. As the ship sinks and Jack and Rose fight to save each other, the deplorable snobbery of the elite, whose symbolic and literal placement above the other passengers, stirs deep hate within the viewer, thus enhancing the complex dynamics surrounding our heroes' tragedy, and Titanic as a whole. Bravo, Cameron, for this remarkable epic that has already become an instant classic.
½ September 3, 2015
It's James Cameron's blockbuster Titanic. I'm just going to say it. I freaking love this movie. Yeah, say what you want, but I think the film is pretty good. I honestly don't why this movie has received backlash. There's absolutely nothing so wrong with the movie that it needs such harsh criticism, at least to me. What I absolutely love about this film is how James Cameron recreated the wreck. It looked so well-done. The special effects are very good and Cameron truly makes me feel the terror of the event. The acting and casting choices were good. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio do good jobs. Billy Zane is an over-the-top but enjoyable villain. The romance is also cute and believable. The film does suffer from somewhat weak writing, mainly dealing with the fact that Jack and Rose constantly refer to each other by name. Seriously. Couldn't they say "sweetheart" or "my love" or something? And there are some corny lines. There's also the famous debate over whether or not Jack could have survived the wreck, the answer to which is yes. This film really didn't deserve its backlash. I even saw a review that said "the most dreadful piece of work I've ever seen in my entire life" Seriously? There are worse films out there than this. Titanic is personally one of my most favorite movies. It's visually stunning with likeable characters and a sweet love story. It has its flaws and it's not perfect, but it's pretty enjoyable
June 18, 2016
Los efectos para ser del 1997 están asombrosos he hicieron una historia de amor que sobrepasó la muerte y vida eterna y eso me enamoró.
June 18, 2016
Best film I've ever seen. James Cameron is a genius. would highly recommend this film :)
October 4, 2012
Titanic is not a film about the events of the sinking of the Titanic, it instead uses the tragedy as expensive backdrop for a romance with all the quality and thought of a daytime soap. And Céline Dion.
½ June 13, 2016
BEAUTIFUL movie. I've seen it at least a dozen times but the beauty of the film never gets old.
April 18, 2016
Classic epic tale of the famous ship that crashed into an iceberg. Sure we all know the story and how it ends but director James Cameron transforms the set into a visual masterpiece as if we walked into the ship as it originally was. The performances by its lead stars is remarkable. DiCaprios charisma mixed with Winslets strong characterization make this film an unforgettable experience.
May 18, 2007
Gives me the shivers every time I watch it. Even from the beginning, it's sad to see how hopeful every passenger is when boarding, not knowing what awaits them. Although it is a 97 film, it's still better than a lot of new films today, story wise and special effects wise. Cameron well portrayed the human condition as everyone fights to survive and revealed the tragedy due to differences of social classes.
June 9, 2016
This movie truly touches your heart. I cried at the end so hard that i needed to stop watching. Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslets chemistry is fantastic, and i truly think this is the best based on a true story movie so far.
October 10, 2007
Was a bit boring at times and way to sad at the end
May 29, 2016
James Cameron's 1997 Titanic is a wonderful and Memorable story about two couples in Love who have to survive the sinking of the RMS Titanic along with drama, Action, and Sad moments. The movie has Jaw-dropping visuals that are sure to leave the audience gasping for air.
June 8, 2016
Kate Winslet has put forward one of the most amazing performances. Leonardo is fantastic as well. And who can forget Gloria Stuart. This one is James cameron's masterpiece. One of the most iconic and popular movies ever. Loved it.
½ October 19, 2014
This was one of the worst pieces of trash to come out of Hollywood. I was looking forward to an historically accurate drama about the sinking of the Titanic. Instead, I found an insipid love story which would have never taken place. Passengers in steerage and 3rd class would never have been able to go to first class and vice-versa. The events up to and including the sinking were trivialized by Cameron.
May 31, 2016
We laughed our heads off. The thought of people jumping back from lifeboats to a sinking ship!!! watch "A Night to Remember", for the Titanic story.
May 29, 2016