Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

April 23, 2017
Writer/Director James Cameron (The Terminator 1&2, The Abyss, and True Lies) writes and directs a film about historical fiction at its finest. Set in 1912, when the Titanic was just constructed, two people from two opposite worlds strike up a romance, and try to experience before the sinking of the Titanic. Starring, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, James Cameron gets two very honest and real performances. The Oscar winning soundtrack composed by musical genius, James Horner, fits perfectly into this masterpiece, and evokes emotions beyond all comprehension. Titanic is a great romance, and a very intense action film which will make you laugh, cry, and much more!
½ April 22, 2017
I loved it, but Rose wasn't that pretty
April 19, 2017
it's overrated and corny. but it's entertaining
April 17, 2017
this story is so great no matter what other people say you should look at it and see for your own it is lovely
½ April 17, 2017
great film.though it dragged on too much in the second half
April 15, 2017
FAVORITE MOVIE EVER BEST
½ April 12, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: There's no doubt that Titanic is a properly classic Hollywood blockbuster - another film made by James Cameron because it's what he wanted, and what he wanted alone. Was his vision a good one here? Well its boldness is enough to truly transcend genre, and that statement alone will often slap a smile on the face. Beneath that gargantuan size though, it does equally pack some charm which mostly comes from the talent of Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet who both somehow push past the silliness and put their own occasionally believable stamp on these roles.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Let's be honest here, it is rather dumb, and its length is an awful long time to sit through something that just kind of makes you smile without really investing or moving you along.
VERDICT: A bold, classic vision that's just a little bit stupid - 'Titanic' will make you smile, but not for three and a bit hours.
April 7, 2017
1928 Was 69 Years Old In 1997.
April 1, 2017
A boring romance with a stupid end is somewhat overcome because of solid acting and great effects.
March 31, 2017
The best romantic drama movie ever
March 25, 2017
love it. too bad jack died.
½ March 23, 2017
Stupid and stereotyped movie. Boring as hell, most overrated movie of all time. 3 hours and 14 minutes wasted, better use this time to watch The Return Of The King.
March 20, 2017
Amazing movie, a shame that Dicaprio didn't win an oscar for it.
March 15, 2017
I was awash and adrift with love and sorrow...
½ March 15, 2017
It's James Cameron's blockbuster Titanic. I'm just going to say it. I freakin' love this movie. Yeah, say what you want, but I think the film is pretty good. I honestly don't why this movie has received backlash. There's absolutely nothing so wrong with the movie that it needs such harsh criticism, at least to me. What I absolutely love about this film is how James Cameron recreated the wreck. It looked so well-done. The special effects are very good and Cameron truly makes me feel the terror of the event. The acting and casting choices were good. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio do good jobs. Billy Zane is an over-the-top but enjoyable villain. The romance is also cute and believable. The film does suffer from somewhat weak writing, mainly dealing with the fact that Jack and Rose constantly refer to each other by name. Seriously. Couldn't they say "sweetheart" or "my love" or something? And there are some corny lines. There's also the famous debate over whether or not Jack could have survived the wreck, the answer to which is yes. This film really didn't deserve its backlash. I even saw a review that said "the most dreadful piece of work I've ever seen in my entire life" Seriously? There are worse films out there than this. Yeah, it's corny. Yeah, it's clichà (C)d . But I don't care. Titanic is personally one of my most favorite movies. It's visually stunning with likeable characters and a sweet love story. It has its flaws and it's not perfect, but it's pretty enjoyable
March 14, 2017
Why is this rated so low? A wonderful film. At the end you will be holding back tears (or not). Highly Recommended.
March 11, 2017
Titanic is a Brilliant recreation/retelling of the 1912 tragedy in which countless people lost their lives when the RMS Titanic collided with an iceberg and sank to the ocean floor. The movie Is just simply divine to look at with stunning HD imagery on the big screen and is extremely well acted. The connection between the two main characters is simply classic, and the drama is some of the best I have ever seen since the great Shakespearean tragedies. This is a must-see for historians, romantics, and film fanatics worldwide. I give it a well deserved 5/5 stars.
½ March 11, 2017
An ambitious spectacle. A visual delight.
March 7, 2017
Amazing, Brilliant and by far the most heartbreaking film in cinema history.