Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

May 17, 2018
This movie is the best movie of all time and whoever DOSNT think so has serious problems the only part I dislike is where Jack dies
½ May 15, 2018
Once the Titanic hit the iceberg it got interesting
May 10, 2018
Fantastic movie. What surprised me was when I saw "Titanic" with Barbara Stanwyck from 1953 and realized that Cameron borrowed heavily from this movie. Robert Wagner is the pretty boy (like DiCaprio) who falls in love with a girl who is Kate Winslet's look alike. The girl's mother is played by Barbara Stanwyck. Even some of the lines are the same - although the story has been turned on its head.
May 10, 2018
JAMES CAMERON'S "TITANIC" (1997 BLOCKBUSTER FILM)'S A GOOD MOVIE, TOO. BUT WHEN I WAS 8 YEARS OLD, ME & MY FAMILY USED TO WATCH IT SOMETIME.
½ May 4, 2018
Titanic is a drama and romance film, released in 1997, written and directed by the very talented James Cameron. The film is based on the true story of the sinking of the supposedly unsinkable liner, the Titanic. The main stars of the movie are Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet who are two lovers, they will do everything to make their love possible.

An old woman recognized herself, on TV, on a drawing found in the Titanic wreck, after she contacts and meet those who are researching the Titanic and tell her own story aboard the Titanic.
The action takes place in April 1912, when the Titanic crossed for the very first time the Atlantic ocean to get to New-York, from Queenstown in Ireland. We follow the life of the two main characters, on board of the Titanic, Jack Dawson an enthusiastic young man, passenger of the second class and Rose DeWitt Bukater a desperate young woman, already promised to a man, Caledon 'Cal' Hockley, that she doesn't love.
One night, Rose is ready to commit suicide, Jack prevents her and that's the beginning of a powerful, touching and poignantly but short love story between them. Because of him, she recovering happiness and dares to brave his mother and his fiance who are against her wish.
Another night the Titanic hit an iceberg, after that, the liner fills with water very quickly and as Rose noticed, there is not enough lifeboats to save everyone. Alas for Jack, the first class are evacuated first, and the second one is for a large part condemned, but Rose refuses to leave the ship without her lover. Cal, furious, would kill Jack, he didn't succeed but achieve to make him prisoner aboard the sinking liner. Rose in a burst of courage, managed to free him. Too late to go aboard a lifeboat, they decide to stay on board together, among many people, until the last moment,. Shortly after the ship runs aground, and the two lovers stay afloat, a long time after a lifeboat come to rescue them, sadly, only Rose stay alive. She dodge Cal, that she crosses right after, to make him believe that she passed away.

Even before to watch the film everyone knows the tragic story of the Titanic, but the poignantly plot of the film gives depth, a social depth with the representation and the comparison rather realistic of the different classes, a depth about the technical progress of the time, a mores depth, with the multiples conflicts between Rose and her parents about her wedding and as far as I'm concerned, I found that is really intelligent and interesting to build the plot with these prospect.

In regards to the special effects, I spent the movie to asking myself, how the director did to create a liner as outstanding as the original, how he managed so much water in such a big ship. I loved the impressive and staggering special effect, the collision, the shipwreck and so on. Even though, in my opinion, the sky, that we saw often, has beautiful colors but was not realistic, almost cheap.

In regards to the choice of the actors, personally I appreciated the choice, the speeches of each of the actors fit perfectly to the part, and if we talk about the Titanic, we are forced to talk about the one we hear at the time of the closing generic, the choice of CÚline Dion is magical, with My heart will go on, a powerful song that illustrates swimmingly the story and CÚline Dion makes beautiful emotions in it.

This film became a classic and it's fascinating, in this film you can do everything, you can laugh, be amaze, fear, cry and even sing at the end. I highly recommend this thrilling film to anyone who has not seen it yet.
May 1, 2018
This is the best movie ever if you disagree then watch it again.
April 29, 2018
The film is directed by James Cameron. Cast by Kate Winslet, Leonardo Di Caprio.
Based on a true story of a sinking in 1912.
The film starts when Rose is 102 years old. She tells her story to a search team who study the sinking of Titanic. Jack Dawson, an Irish passenger of the third class of the Titanic meets Rose a passenger of the first class. They fall in love. But, the tragic night of 15th April 1912,the Titanic sinking in the Atlantic Ocean near Newfoundland (Canada). The film is based on flashbacks.
Historic elements are respected such as the boat and classes.
We are absorbed by the impossible love story between Jack and Rose. The both come from very different social class.
We have a feeling of fear at the time of the evacuation of the boat because earlier in the movie the designer of the boat said that the boat was unsinkable. It is the anarchy and the panic at the passengers of the third class because of the fact that they are lastly evacuated.
After the sinking of Titanic, Jack and Rose are together but Jack dies because of temperature of the ocean was so cold. At the moment we experience a sensation of sadness.
Special effects are stunning, there a lot of work to build a model of the liner to film. Moreover to filmed the sinking. For the photography it's not the most incredible because the film is not recent. The actors acting very well their roles, they wear costumes at the time. It's credible for this point. The script thought-provoking for actions which they are not put at random in the movie
Generally, it's an impressive, powerful and spectacular film! I recommend this film to anyone who loves impossible love stories. And it's a very famous film which had won 11 Oscars. I advisor you to watch the movie in 3D! It more better!
½ April 23, 2018
Majestic masterpiece.
April 13, 2018
Favorite movie of all time. Great music.
April 7, 2018
I Love This Movie!??????
April 7, 2018
This is one of the best movies ever it had every thing you could ask for romance, thriller, not to mention the heart breaking ending that keep you at the edge of your seat
½ April 7, 2018
I've never seen it & never will. SPOILER ALERT: the boat sinks
michael e.
March 29, 2018
James Cameron is by far one of my favorite directors, and this being his second highest grossing film is well worth all the money it got. The acting was very fantastic and the drama is also very well told, Leonardo Dicaprio, Kate Winslet, Billy Zane, Gloria Stuart, and even Bill Paxton all did fantastically well. Billy Zane was great as being the douchebag millionare that is betrothed to Rose, so well that you literally wanted to punch him. Also the 3 hour time run is actually very well done, and it doesn't feel like it, it feels like 2 hours, there were some things they could've left out, like the sex scene or the nude art drawing, I understand that its to prove the two main characters are getting much closer and truly love each other, but they could've just kissed passionatley and do a 360 camera spin. But overall, this to me is Camerons best, Avatar was just a ripped off story and just mindless action, but this was legitimate and good drama and acting
½ March 25, 2018
Long long movie. Nice story and excellent visuals which still hold up today. Excellent movie and a classic.
March 21, 2018
An exploitation of the classic story of "Romeo and Juliet" beautifully executed and integrated into the real-life 1912 disaster of the sinking of the RMS Titanic. Beautiful visuals, and breathtaking cinematography plus it is set to a wonderful soundtrack and has a fabulous cast.
½ March 19, 2018
Not enough scenes of domestic violence
March 18, 2018
the greatest movie of all time!,period!
March 13, 2018
It's emotional, spectacular, epic, perfect pacing, perfect chemistry and romance, blend into one.
March 8, 2018
Everyone has their own opinion about "Titanic," but to each his own. The famous vessel works as a perfect backdrop for the film's portrait of romance and social status, and Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet have such epic screen presence.
March 5, 2018
James Cameron does it again. He is the king of directors (sorry Spielberg).