Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

July 18, 2017
The more times you watch this, the more credit you'll give James Cameron as a filmmaker. It's incredible how powerful his movies are. If you cast aside the hype you'll love it even more.
July 18, 2017
A truly great movie. A classic
July 14, 2017
Perfeito! Titanic foi um enorme sucesso de críticas e bilheteria, indicado a 14 Oscars, vencendo 11 prêmios. Com uma bilheteria total de US$ 2,1 bilhões, Titanic foi o primeiro filme a arrecadar mais de US$ 1 bilhão mundialmente, permanecendo o filme de maior arrecadação da história por doze anos, até o próximo filme de Cameron, Avatar, ultrapassá-lo em 2009. O filme foi relançado nos cinemas em 4 de abril de 2012 após uma conversão 3D em homenagem aos 100 anos da viagem inaugural do RMS Titanic. Após o relançamento em 3D, conquistou mais de US$ 300 milhões e conseguiu o feito de ser o segundo longa a atingir a marca dos US$ 2 bilhões em bilheteria.
July 14, 2017
Titanic is the greatest movie to ever grace the big screens.
July 13, 2017
Though I don't think it's a masterpiece, I can understand why it won so many awards because this is a very well-made and moving movie with an effective and believable romance and depicts the sinking of the Titanic in a pretty realistic and emotional way and delivers a couple tear jerking scenes (Call me a pansy if you want, I'm not ashamed). Not James Cameron's best, but a pretty big accomplishment.
July 9, 2017
Best movie I've ever seen way better than transformers. At least it has a plot unlike transformers.
½ July 7, 2017
I'm kind of embarrassed top say that I like this movie, but I really do. It always just sucks me in whenever I see it. It was the highest grossing movie for a reason.
July 3, 2017
Me and my mate Liam watch this together. We both cry. 1 Star
½ June 25, 2017
It's James Cameron's blockbuster Titanic. I'm just going to say it. I freakin' love this movie. Yeah, say what you want, but I think the film is pretty good. I honestly don't why this movie has received backlash. There's absolutely nothing so wrong with the movie that it needs such harsh criticism, at least to me. What I absolutely love about this film is how James Cameron recreated the wreck. It looked so well-done. The special effects are very good and Cameron truly makes me feel the terror of the event. The acting and casting choices were good. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio do good jobs. Billy Zane is an over-the-top but enjoyable villain. The romance is also cute and believable. The film does suffer from somewhat weak writing, mainly dealing with the fact that Jack and Rose constantly refer to each other by name. Seriously. Couldn't they say "sweetheart" or "my love" or something? And there are some corny lines. There's also the famous debate over whether or not Jack could have survived the wreck, the answer to which is yes. This film really didn't deserve its backlash. I even saw a review that said "the most dreadful piece of work I've ever seen in my entire life" Seriously? There are worse films out there than this. Yeah, it's corny. Yeah, it's clichà (C)d . But I don't care. Titanic is personally one of my most favorite movies. It's visually stunning with likeable characters and a sweet love story. It has its flaws and it's not perfect, but it's pretty enjoyable
June 20, 2017
It's so cheesy - I love it.
June 13, 2017
In 1912 there was a very big ship called Titanic. It's maiden voyage was from South Hampton to New York. There was two people: one boy called Jack who is poor and one girl called Rose who is rich, both were passengers in the Titanic. When they met, they fell in love. On 15th April 1912, at night, the ship crashed into a glacier and the Titanic sank, but, what will happen to Rose and Jack? I liked so much that film, it was really romantic! I didn't like Leonardo Dicaprio so much, who plays Jack,as much, but I love Kate Winslet, who plays Rose in Titanic, because I love how she acts.
½ June 10, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this at the theater when it was released. Epic James Cameron stuff from top to bottom.
June 10, 2017
There was enough space for Jack
June 10, 2017
Everyone loved Titanic went it came out, if they say they didn't they are fucking liars. The hype machine destroyed it for a lot of people. I can forgive them for that. But bottom line Winslett is the best actress of her generation and Dicaprio will be around for a long long time. Any one who knows me knows how I feel about this movie. It came out when I was 20 years old and in College. I had always wanted to be a filmmaker and this movie just stoked that fire to burn that will never die. I saw the movie quite a few times in the theater and for many of those viewings, I would watch the audience as much as I would watch the movie. The way the movie excited, terrified, thrilled, and heart broke every person in that theater. The emotional connection the people felt with Rose ad Jack. People who cry about profiting off a tragedy, shut up. That's what humans do and will always do. If anything, movies like this make people especially kids, become interested in subjects they may not have been inclined to investigate otherwise. Because of this movie, I snatched up every book, documentary and online article I could find. The Ship and the lives of the people on it is absolutely fascinating to me. The romantic way the world felt about this grand ship in 1912 is represented in spades here. For 2 hours and 15 minutes you just long to be on this epic journey across the atlantic on the grandest ship in the world until that fateful evening when the ocean reflected the star filled sky above so pristinely, the water and sky seem to become one. WIth the water being so calm, the lookouts could not see water breaking at the base of the gigantic iceberg that ended the beautiful luxury liners maiden voyage. The last 45 minutes, the sinking of the ship is equal parts a technical marvel and an assault on the tear ducts. So many children on this ship. So many people dead because too many life boats would've cluttered the deck or because they social standing was a little less than desirable. 1500 out 2200 lost their lives and we must never forget. They deserve their story to be told and this so far, this one did that story the most justice. Also check out Ghosts of the Abyss and Titanic's Final Mystery for two of the best Docs on That Night to Remember.
June 6, 2017
Cheese cheese cheese - but ok to pass a sundat afternoon
June 4, 2017
JAMES CAMERON'S "TITANIC" (1997 BLOCKBUSTER FILM)'S A GOOD MOVIE, TOO. BUT WHEN I WAS 8 YEARS OLD, ME & MY FAMILY USED TO WATCH IT SOMETIME.
June 4, 2017
NO MOVIE CAN BEAT THIS ''ALL TIME MOST WATCHED BLOCKBUSTER'' !!! I CAN WATCH IT TILL I DIE.
June 2, 2017
the film that shocked the world with its success as the critics were ready to jump on this film as they do whenever James Cameron makes a film
June 1, 2017
WORST MOVIE EVER I HATED IT.
June 1, 2017
An amazing classic movie that will never become old or out-dated.