Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

March 25, 2017
love it. too bad jack died.
½ March 23, 2017
Stupid and stereotyped movie. Boring as hell, most overrated movie of all time. 3 hours and 14 minutes wasted, better use this time to watch The Return Of The King.
March 20, 2017
Amazing movie, a shame that Dicaprio didn't win an oscar for it.
March 15, 2017
I was awash and adrift with love and sorrow...
½ March 15, 2017
It's James Cameron's blockbuster Titanic. I'm just going to say it. I freakin' love this movie. Yeah, say what you want, but I think the film is pretty good. I honestly don't why this movie has received backlash. There's absolutely nothing so wrong with the movie that it needs such harsh criticism, at least to me. What I absolutely love about this film is how James Cameron recreated the wreck. It looked so well-done. The special effects are very good and Cameron truly makes me feel the terror of the event. The acting and casting choices were good. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio do good jobs. Billy Zane is an over-the-top but enjoyable villain. The romance is also cute and believable. The film does suffer from somewhat weak writing, mainly dealing with the fact that Jack and Rose constantly refer to each other by name. Seriously. Couldn't they say "sweetheart" or "my love" or something? And there are some corny lines. There's also the famous debate over whether or not Jack could have survived the wreck, the answer to which is yes. This film really didn't deserve its backlash. I even saw a review that said "the most dreadful piece of work I've ever seen in my entire life" Seriously? There are worse films out there than this. Yeah, it's corny. Yeah, it's clichà (C)d . But I don't care. Titanic is personally one of my most favorite movies. It's visually stunning with likeable characters and a sweet love story. It has its flaws and it's not perfect, but it's pretty enjoyable
March 15, 2017
1928 Was 69 Years Old In 1997.
March 14, 2017
Why is this rated so low? A wonderful film. At the end you will be holding back tears (or not). Highly Recommended.
March 11, 2017
Titanic is a Brilliant recreation/retelling of the 1912 tragedy in which countless people lost their lives when the RMS Titanic collided with an iceberg and sank to the ocean floor. The movie Is just simply divine to look at with stunning HD imagery on the big screen and is extremely well acted. The connection between the two main characters is simply classic, and the drama is some of the best I have ever seen since the great Shakespearean tragedies. This is a must-see for historians, romantics, and film fanatics worldwide. I give it a well deserved 5/5 stars.
½ March 11, 2017
An ambitious spectacle. A visual delight.
March 7, 2017
Amazing, Brilliant and by far the most heartbreaking film in cinema history.
March 7, 2017
Titanic is without a doubt one of my top 5 favorite movies, it's one of those movies that will always be in my heart.
March 6, 2017
Visually impressive, but ultimately overrated.
March 5, 2017
They both could have fucking lived
February 28, 2017
Everyone has their own opinion about "Titanic," but to each his own. The famous vessel works as a perfect backdrop for the film's commentary on social status, and Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet have such epic screen presence.
February 26, 2017
Absolutely compelling film! Fabulous plot, story line, and great representation of the actual disaster within the emotional story.
February 25, 2017
Though I don't think it's a masterpiece, I can understand why it won so many awards because this is a very well-made and moving movie with an effective and believable romance and depicts the sinking of the Titanic in a pretty realistic and emotional way and delivers a couple tear jerking scenes (Call me a pansy if you want, I'm not ashamed). Not James Cameron's best, but a pretty big accomplishment.
½ February 23, 2017
By combining a romantic, albeit melodramatic, love story with breathtaking spectacle, James Cameron brings a historical disaster to vivid life in Titanic, a film that, although flawed, succeeds as a thoroughly entertaining epic.
February 20, 2017
I love this, it makes us cry.
February 15, 2017
I just got to rewatch this movie on the big screen and boy was it good! They did an amazing job with this movie!!! If you haven't seen it, it's definitely worth watching at least once!