Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

August 17, 2017
Come on. It's a classic, if you haven't seen it, go see it, so you know what's going on in the world. One of those movies I could watch a million times. A powerful and sad love story with fantastic costumes, music, action, pacing, drama and characters. Viewing it takes me back to when it first came out and was the biggest blockbuster ever and its just an overall great nostalgic movie.
August 14, 2017
While moving and women crying, I just couldn't get past all of the music and the plot was so openly made for women, I could see their spouses and boyfriends rolling their eyes and looking at their watches. But I stuck this tear-jerker movie til the bitter end. That why I can only give this block bluster a *3* star Rating!!!
August 13, 2017
Amazing movie extremely sad but worth it.
½ August 11, 2017
She was "the largest moving work of man in all history," a character brags. Well, so was the movie. If you happen to know the Oscar categories you could just guess every single category the movie had won. James Cameroon proves himself to be one of the greatest directors of all time with this meticulous work of art. The movie gets the ball rolling with 'Jack Dawson' portrayed by DiCaprio, an impecunious artist who wins the 'Titanic' ticket to America from Ireland through gambling who ensue to meet 'Rose DeWitt Bukater' portrayed by Kate Winslet, a first class traveler. It is irrefutable as to the cruise and sink of the ship. Titanic has a stupendous way of encapsulating the time period that it is set in. The visual effects have been done with flair. With these two things exquisitely crafted, it makes the audience difficult to accept the fact that it is a sham. The appalling scenes of the sink albeit we know it in advance don't fail to thrill. The Original Song is phenomenal. Yet, the movie is a wee bit outstretched.
August 11, 2017
Still one of the best movies ever made!
½ August 5, 2017
A technical triumph, Titanic serves as a strict caution to the dangers of a shallow script and style over substance. The plot is as a suitable metaphor for the film itself, built to great heights however ends up a sinking disaster.
½ August 4, 2017
Totanic is a brilliant re-enactment of the sinking of the ship, but it's unfortunately filled with this romance element which doesn't come across as genuine. Above all, though, Titanic is a beautiful and breathtaking film.
August 3, 2017
James Cameron delivers a phenomenal experience that is a marvel to behold. With ground-breaking technology, strong performances across the board, and a romance for the ages, 'Titanic' is a landmark in film and is the second highest- grossing film of all time for a reason!!!

Score: 9.9/10
July 28, 2017
Watched this again last night on Netflix, such a GREAT movie, can't believe its 20 years old.
July 27, 2017
I don't like 'Titanic'. I find it far too melodramatic, awfully flat in terms of characterization (with an obviously Manichean portrayal of the characters), and telling a very simplistic story -although the way it's told is undeniably elegant-. However, Cameron's super production has an epic aspect and a popular status which forbids me not to recognize in it any virtues, one of these being the way the film shed light on the 1912 human catastrophe, another one its tear-jerking ability.
July 23, 2017
I have to admit I like this movie. Its really silly and also predictable but I can't help enjoy watching Kate Winslet. Leo's okay too. Very much a chick flick. But I do like a chick flick occasionally. This is one.
July 23, 2017
I recently rewatched this movie back to back with "Night to Remember". I hadn't realized how many references to that movie exist in this one. Watching this again in my 30's, I can appreciate that this is more than just a Leo movie. Worth a revisit if you haven't seen it since your teens.
July 18, 2017
The more times you watch this, the more credit you'll give James Cameron as a filmmaker. It's incredible how powerful his movies are. If you cast aside the hype you'll love it even more.
July 18, 2017
A truly great movie. A classic
July 14, 2017
Perfeito! Titanic foi um enorme sucesso de críticas e bilheteria, indicado a 14 Oscars, vencendo 11 prêmios. Com uma bilheteria total de US$ 2,1 bilhões, Titanic foi o primeiro filme a arrecadar mais de US$ 1 bilhão mundialmente, permanecendo o filme de maior arrecadação da história por doze anos, até o próximo filme de Cameron, Avatar, ultrapassá-lo em 2009. O filme foi relançado nos cinemas em 4 de abril de 2012 após uma conversão 3D em homenagem aos 100 anos da viagem inaugural do RMS Titanic. Após o relançamento em 3D, conquistou mais de US$ 300 milhões e conseguiu o feito de ser o segundo longa a atingir a marca dos US$ 2 bilhões em bilheteria.
July 14, 2017
Titanic is the greatest movie to ever grace the big screens.
July 13, 2017
Though I don't think it's a masterpiece, I can understand why it won so many awards because this is a very well-made and moving movie with an effective and believable romance and depicts the sinking of the Titanic in a pretty realistic and emotional way and delivers a couple tear jerking scenes (Call me a pansy if you want, I'm not ashamed). Not James Cameron's best, but a pretty big accomplishment.
July 9, 2017
Best movie I've ever seen way better than transformers. At least it has a plot unlike transformers.
½ July 7, 2017
I'm kind of embarrassed top say that I like this movie, but I really do. It always just sucks me in whenever I see it. It was the highest grossing movie for a reason.
July 3, 2017