Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

½ March 19, 2018
Not enough scenes of domestic violence
March 18, 2018
the greatest movie of all time!,period!
March 13, 2018
It's emotional, spectacular, epic, perfect pacing, perfect chemistry and romance, blend into one.
March 8, 2018
Everyone has their own opinion about "Titanic," but to each his own. The famous vessel works as a perfect backdrop for the film's portrait of romance and social status, and Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet have such epic screen presence.
March 5, 2018
James Cameron does it again. He is the king of directors (sorry Spielberg).
February 28, 2018
Most overrated Movie EVER.
½ February 27, 2018
Titanic is visually stunning, a masterpiece of detail, costumes, and set pieces, with a simple and relatable love story that makes this a great film, yet at the same time, one dimensional characters, and too many subplots and some annoying acting by Dicrapio, leaves it with some strikes against it. may just be the most well liked hated movie of all time.
½ February 27, 2018

"Titanic" triunfa como una gran historia de amor, ciertamente el talento de James Cameron para montarse esta obra es admirable, y su guion resulta lo suficientemente memorable y emotivo como la primera vez que lo vimos, Leonardo DiCaprio y Kate Winslet brillan como la pareja protagonista, y mención aparte para las pequeñas pero magnificas complementaciones de Kathy Bates y Gloria Stuart, y el excelente diseño de producción y efectos especiales a la hora de recrear el desastre.
½ February 24, 2018
Best picture. 1001 movies to see before you die.
February 23, 2018
This movie only got a little bit of undeserved hate over the years because it was so popular along with the cliché love story between Jack and Rose with some similarities to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. The production budget was 200 million dollars back in the late nineties, and became the second highest grossing film of all time back in 1997 earning $2,187,463,944. They actually took the time to build the ship for the movie to make it look as realistic as possible. George Lucas loved using CGI in his Star Wars prequel films, but building actual models for the base of the movie is more creative and time-consuming. James Cameron knew what he was doing on this project. You know the Titanic is going to sink at some point in the film because it's based on the real life event back in April of 1912, but the scenes with Jack being handcuffed to the pipes in the lower deck as the ship is sinking and Rose wanting to commit suicide by jumping off the back of the ship were both unexpected. The only other film to top this movie at the box-office was Avatar, which was another James Cameron film. For the audience, box-office sales aren't everything. Avengers: Age of Ultron and The Last Jedi were financially successful, but disappointing films overall. Titanic features a basic love story with great soundtrack, sound design, and acting during the process of the ship sinking.
February 11, 2018
Solid epic story done well by Cameron. Winslet&DiCaprio have fun and pair well
February 5, 2018
Some scenes are very nice and affecting, but some dialogue is awful.
February 1, 2018
When I saw it in the cinema at 8 years old, I could not comprehend all the emotions discussed in the movie. Years later, every time I watched it, I cried and understood more about humanity. This movie is deep like the ocean, and each time you watch it, you discover a little more about the meaning of life and love.
½ January 29, 2018
I am very confused about this one. I was young, everyone was loving the movie and Dicapiro, and I was hating both just because the sake of it. But then I grow up, Leo grow up too and become a bloody good actor, and I saw this movie passing by on telly hundreds of time. And it's not a bad movie. Still, if before I hated it because was so popular and I was a little punk, now that I have more mature tastes I still didn't fall in love with it. It is very mechanical, very predictable. I mean, you know that the love story is headed to the same place of the boat from scene 1.... still every time is on the telly, I stop changing channel. Maybe just like the love story and the both, I am cursed too.
½ January 28, 2018
Very moving. Only minor clunks -- there's no echo on the open sea -- but this is Cameron's most successful execution. The pacing is exceptional.
January 27, 2018
Sad, Sad movie, but I love the fact that the creators tried to imitate this horrific situation as it happened in real life.
½ January 15, 2018
it is terrible and horrible I felt like was watching elephants poop it was boring and if you were an old person you would die before finishing the movie it was horrible
January 13, 2018
where to, miss?

Titanic is James Cameron's finest work till date whether it be cheeky or flirty lines, grudging emotions, a large scale execution, stunning background score, tiny implanted humor or character development. This is one of the finest example of everything going perfectly in a shape of cinema or entertainment.
January 11, 2018
Titanic: A brillant mix of dazziling visuals and melodrama with superb direction from James Cameron makes Titanic a brillantly emotionaly powerful romance film. With stunning preformances from Leonardo D. Caprio and Kate Winslet.
January 11, 2018
This film has everything and more.