Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

September 15, 2017
Perfect actors, perfect directing, perfect story, perfect music, perfect special effects. All in all a perfect tragedy. Also if you focus on what's going on aside from the love story, it's an extremly shocking movie and there are so many scenes that bring tears to my eyes
September 14, 2017
I Like It When Films Do Get Positive Reviews From American Film Critics.
½ September 10, 2017
Probably one of James Cameron's best film thus far. While it may be tragic and true, it's dramatic looks, dialogue, and time zone make it stand out rather well. Young DiCaprio and his role make the film ever more stunning. A well modern classic, even if it wasn't based on a true event.
September 8, 2017
An instant classic..... Due to the basic true story with a romantic twist and fictional characters this movie became a huge box office hit with the masses. One of the biggest historical oceanic tragedies of the twentieth century, James Cameron does an amazing job of recreating white star lines Titanic, with truly riveting special effects (for its time) bringing back a true and elegant ship for its day giving the public audience a taste of what happened that one very cold and unfortunate night at sea April 14th 1912. A must see for all and one of my favorite all time movies.
½ September 3, 2017
A soft Dicaprio and a dreamy Winslet, a lovely movie after all.
September 2, 2017
Well it's not as bad as the Passion of the Christ, but that isn't saying much..
September 2, 2017
Not the best movie but it was better then the one from 1953, this was a long movie I don't see why it has to be such a long movie
August 31, 2017
An overbearing film of pure devastation with responsible power being felt through the production merits in an overlong tale of romance being the first half and disaster filling the rest, which doesn't fit for most spectatorship's tastes. Although admittedly, it's worth another viewing for a second chance, like "The Silence of the Lambs" ending at that limit. (C+)

(Full review TBD)
August 29, 2017
I cant wait to see it because when you see it in 3D look like you live with them
August 28, 2017
It's James Cameron's blockbuster Titanic. I'm just going to say it. I freakin' love this movie. Yeah, say what you want, but I think the film is pretty good. I honestly don't why this movie has received backlash. There's absolutely nothing so wrong with the movie that it needs such harsh criticism, at least to me. What I absolutely love about this film is how James Cameron recreated the wreck. It looked so well-done. The special effects are very good and Cameron truly makes me feel the terror of the event. The acting and casting choices were good. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio do good jobs. Billy Zane is an over-the-top but enjoyable villain. The romance is also cute and believable. The film does suffer from somewhat weak writing, mainly with the corny dialogue, especially with the fact that Jack and Rose constantly refer to each other by name. Seriously. Couldn't they say "sweetheart" or "my love" or something? There's also the famous debate over whether or not Jack could have survived the wreck, the answer to which is yes. This film really didn't deserve its backlash. I even saw a review that said "the most dreadful piece of work I've ever seen in my entire life" Seriously? There are worse films out there than this. Yeah, it's corny. Yeah, it's cliched. But I don't care. While I wouldn't consider Titanic one of the best films ever made, it is personally one of my favorites. It's visually stunning with a great sense of scale and massiveness, likeable characters and a sweet love story. It has its flaws and it's not perfect, but it's pretty enjoyable
½ August 27, 2017
Crap,,, James Cameron is over rated!
August 26, 2017
Such a long movie why must it be a 3 hour movie that just dumb, how ever I found it to be a sad movie there was good Beautiful music though. I would rather pick this one if I had to pick, and. Not the 1953.
August 19, 2017
A movie about love blossoming between two people from different societies only to be tragically torn apart. We see echoes of similar stories like Romeo and Juliet and West Side Story in this film. The love story between Leonardo DiCaprio's character, Jack, and Kate Winslet's character, Rose, Is the best part of the film. What holds the film back is when it focuses on side characters and plots. A large portion of the beginning of the film revolves around a treasure hunter trying to find a very valuable neckless that went down with the titanic. After finding a sketch of a woman wearing the neckless on the sunken ship and showing it on TV an elderly Rose realizes it was her and travels to see her picture in person. After a while Rose recalls her story of falling in love on the titanic and from there we learn of the love story. While this scene in the beginning does set up several things, like telling us how valuable the neckless is, It last way past its welcome. Many characters pop up for a scene or even a single line then disappear until the very end where we see them getting on a boat or deal with the destruction in their own ways. Having so many of these pads out the length of this film while also taking away from other side characters who have more to give to the overall story and themes. One character is a woman who used to be poor but after working hard make money and is now part of the upper class. Because of her background she has a different view then the other members of the upper class. At the end of the film we see this come to a head when she wants to go back and help save people while others on her raft refuse. The scenes that don't focus on the love story or class differences hold this film back and make the 3 hour run time feel unbearable. James Cameron should have cut some redundant scenes and pointless side characters to make this a more focused film.
½ August 19, 2017
She was "the largest moving work of man in all history," a character brags. Well, so was the movie. If you happen to know the Oscar categories you could just guess every single category the movie had won. James Cameroon proves himself to be one of the greatest directors of all time with this meticulous work of art. The movie gets the ball rolling with 'Jack Dawson' portrayed by DiCaprio, an impecunious artist who wins the 'Titanic' ticket to America from Ireland through gambling who ensue to meet 'Rose DeWitt Bukater' portrayed by Kate Winslet, a first class traveler. It is irrefutable as to the cruise and sink of the ship. Titanic has a stupendous way of encapsulating the time period that it is set in. The visual effects have been done with flair. With these two things exquisitely crafted, it makes the audience difficult to accept the fact that it is a computer trickery. The appalling scenes of the sink albeit we know it in advance don't fail to thrill. The Original Song is phenomenal. Yet, the movie is a wee bit outstretched.
August 17, 2017
Come on. It's a classic, if you haven't seen it, go see it, so you know what's going on in the world. One of those movies I could watch a million times. A powerful and sad love story with fantastic costumes, music, action, pacing, drama and characters. Viewing it takes me back to when it first came out and was the biggest blockbuster ever and its just an overall great nostalgic movie.
August 14, 2017
While moving and women crying, I just couldn't get past all of the music and the plot was so openly made for women, I could see their spouses and boyfriends rolling their eyes and looking at their watches. But I stuck this tear-jerker movie til the bitter end. That why I can only give this block bluster a *3* star Rating!!!
August 13, 2017
Amazing movie extremely sad but worth it.
August 11, 2017
Still one of the best movies ever made!
½ August 5, 2017
A technical triumph, Titanic serves as a strict caution to the dangers of a shallow script and style over substance. The plot is as a suitable metaphor for the film itself, built to great heights however ends up a sinking disaster.
½ August 4, 2017
Totanic is a brilliant re-enactment of the sinking of the ship, but it's unfortunately filled with this romance element which doesn't come across as genuine. Above all, though, Titanic is a beautiful and breathtaking film.