Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

½ June 25, 2017
It's James Cameron's blockbuster Titanic. I'm just going to say it. I freakin' love this movie. Yeah, say what you want, but I think the film is pretty good. I honestly don't why this movie has received backlash. There's absolutely nothing so wrong with the movie that it needs such harsh criticism, at least to me. What I absolutely love about this film is how James Cameron recreated the wreck. It looked so well-done. The special effects are very good and Cameron truly makes me feel the terror of the event. The acting and casting choices were good. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio do good jobs. Billy Zane is an over-the-top but enjoyable villain. The romance is also cute and believable. The film does suffer from somewhat weak writing, mainly dealing with the fact that Jack and Rose constantly refer to each other by name. Seriously. Couldn't they say "sweetheart" or "my love" or something? And there are some corny lines. There's also the famous debate over whether or not Jack could have survived the wreck, the answer to which is yes. This film really didn't deserve its backlash. I even saw a review that said "the most dreadful piece of work I've ever seen in my entire life" Seriously? There are worse films out there than this. Yeah, it's corny. Yeah, it's clichà (C)d . But I don't care. Titanic is personally one of my most favorite movies. It's visually stunning with likeable characters and a sweet love story. It has its flaws and it's not perfect, but it's pretty enjoyable
June 20, 2017
It's so cheesy - I love it.
June 13, 2017
In 1912 there was a very big ship called Titanic. It's maiden voyage was from South Hampton to New York. There was two people: one boy called Jack who is poor and one girl called Rose who is rich, both were passengers in the Titanic. When they met, they fell in love. On 15th April 1912, at night, the ship crashed into a glacier and the Titanic sank, but, what will happen to Rose and Jack? I liked so much that film, it was really romantic! I didn't like Leonardo Dicaprio so much, who plays Jack,as much, but I love Kate Winslet, who plays Rose in Titanic, because I love how she acts.
½ June 10, 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this at the theater when it was released. Epic James Cameron stuff from top to bottom.
June 10, 2017
There was enough space for Jack
June 10, 2017
Everyone loved Titanic went it came out, if they say they didn't they are fucking liars. The hype machine destroyed it for a lot of people. I can forgive them for that. But bottom line Winslett is the best actress of her generation and Dicaprio will be around for a long long time. Any one who knows me knows how I feel about this movie. It came out when I was 20 years old and in College. I had always wanted to be a filmmaker and this movie just stoked that fire to burn that will never die. I saw the movie quite a few times in the theater and for many of those viewings, I would watch the audience as much as I would watch the movie. The way the movie excited, terrified, thrilled, and heart broke every person in that theater. The emotional connection the people felt with Rose ad Jack. People who cry about profiting off a tragedy, shut up. That's what humans do and will always do. If anything, movies like this make people especially kids, become interested in subjects they may not have been inclined to investigate otherwise. Because of this movie, I snatched up every book, documentary and online article I could find. The Ship and the lives of the people on it is absolutely fascinating to me. The romantic way the world felt about this grand ship in 1912 is represented in spades here. For 2 hours and 15 minutes you just long to be on this epic journey across the atlantic on the grandest ship in the world until that fateful evening when the ocean reflected the star filled sky above so pristinely, the water and sky seem to become one. WIth the water being so calm, the lookouts could not see water breaking at the base of the gigantic iceberg that ended the beautiful luxury liners maiden voyage. The last 45 minutes, the sinking of the ship is equal parts a technical marvel and an assault on the tear ducts. So many children on this ship. So many people dead because too many life boats would've cluttered the deck or because they social standing was a little less than desirable. 1500 out 2200 lost their lives and we must never forget. They deserve their story to be told and this so far, this one did that story the most justice. Also check out Ghosts of the Abyss and Titanic's Final Mystery for two of the best Docs on That Night to Remember.
June 6, 2017
Cheese cheese cheese - but ok to pass a sundat afternoon
June 4, 2017
JAMES CAMERON'S "TITANIC" (1997 BLOCKBUSTER FILM)'S A GOOD MOVIE, TOO. BUT WHEN I WAS 8 YEARS OLD, ME & MY FAMILY USED TO WATCH IT SOMETIME.
June 4, 2017
NO MOVIE CAN BEAT THIS ''ALL TIME MOST WATCHED BLOCKBUSTER'' !!! I CAN WATCH IT TILL I DIE.
June 2, 2017
the film that shocked the world with its success as the critics were ready to jump on this film as they do whenever James Cameron makes a film
June 1, 2017
WORST MOVIE EVER I HATED IT.
June 1, 2017
An amazing classic movie that will never become old or out-dated.
May 27, 2017
The greatest film ever made. In my opinion, the audience score should be higher. But I agree or mostly agree with the critic score. I definitely agree with the certified fresh being put in for the classic, beautiful, 1997 Titanic.
May 27, 2017
When we don't know what treasures we will unearth and discover, that brings a new chapter in our lives full of life, love and memories we keep on beyond life.
*******************************************************************************************
When we need to see a time where people of this ill forsaken ship bid farewell to their loved ones for the vary last time to never see them again. When we see how promising a voyage was been celebrated to see its unpromising outcome as the world's most disastrous events. When what we can't see baried deep under the sea, we now are able to with technology to unlock the mystery of why this ship sank. When not many eyes can see what we see to record our history making voyage. When we see this ship was meant to hold and withstand a lot to not see its unlikely end. When we can only see reminiscents of the past still there, untouched by the human hand, and left for nature to take what is leftover what it took many years ago. When now we see we have robotic hands to uncover the past for us, when we are in search for precious items that's value is priceless when we are modern day jewel hunters. When what we never intended to see we see when it's a clue to the existence of some jewels that unlocks more than the eyes can see. When what we see, we can recall a moment we shared on board when we come face to face with our past when we see ourselves in a painting. When there is much more than meets the eyes when all stories and facts point to something's we can't see when they are proclaimed dead. When we come face to face with a real life survivor of the world's disasters to get the first hand story of this voyage not many can see the way a survivor can picture it for us. When something's we see we can't believe when some memories remain preserved and permanent in our minds then other things. When what we see is not what it used to be but other things we never thought we would see again we revisit. When what we couldn't see back then we are given a modern day visual of how it happened when we see what went wrong, and moments it all went down. When what we see is too hard to see, when some moments are too hard to revisit when it was our last. When we see the vary day, all walks of life had the ticket to sail into the future with this technological wonder, rich, poor, all races and people. When we see some tickets are hard to get when it's only meant for those whom can afford it. When we see some trips were meant to be our last, and other trips were meant to bring us to our future, when home is across the ocean. When what we see as a promising trip with a promising future when we win some tickets fair and square to see what how unlucky we are and others who lose fair and square are the lucky ones. When we have any eye for some marvels to others having no eye at master pieces that last a lifetime to see whom sees the good in things. When what we see we are manage a large function of people that keep us seeing what we are seeing when it takes a fleet of men to sail a ship. When we see what makes some marvels spectacular when its built to do what others can't do when its enginuity was far ahead anyone elses to mark a historic moment. When somethings we don't see coming marks another history we never wished to be apart of. When what we see is marvelous when what we see we see in ourselves when we are open as the sea and its life inside of it. When we see others are not as lucky to be closed off when we are arranged to be part of something we hate seeing. When what we see only a few can see when we are part of an elite class that sees those on top, important, significant in society. When what we don't see our the hands that built some marvels when we are seen less significant, unimportant, and below everyone else. When we are seen kept separately to only see such marvels from only some points of views, where others get a better view. When we have a keen eye on seeing life to see life at its greatest, when it unearths a love we enjoy seeing, that we naturally share with others whom can't see. When others don't wish to see all what is around them, when our life is headed one direction in which we never wanted to go. When some directions we never intended to go and see, we cross paths with someone whom shows us another direction we can take when we are saved by how someone paints life to us we never could see before until the day we met. When some things we don't need to see when we can feel how hard it is to know. When something's we see we know when we are blinded by class division to know whose hands are capable of no good. When we see that all what we see is misleading and a mistake when we make others see it our way. When what we see we are handed to us when we are gifted in being beautiful and keeping our image like a work of art to not see eye to eye in what others see as a mere piece of jewellery. When we seek something more meaningful when we wish to see beauty that comes from within, when we see others have hidden gifts stored within them that sees beauty as we do. When what we see we enjoy seeing when our experiences with the world we keep preserved when beauty sticks out in all of us when we see the world that others can't see. When we don't usually see many people like some people, to see that we found a real jewel in someone whom sees the world not as materialistic but much more natural. When all we see is business and history to only see our ship is number 1 in the eyes of people.
May 23, 2017
one of the best movies of all time
April 27, 2017
A decent film from beginning to end! The so called "love story" was a little too distracting, but it didn't get in the way too much of how the film turned out to be. For Kate Winslet's character, she was good, but when I listened closely to her acting like an American, her accent was slipping in and out of her speech! Makes you think "Heh, decent actress, but it's no wonder that she didn't win the Oscar for best actress that year"!
April 26, 2017
Waiting for the Titanic to hit an iceberg and sink is worth waiting for!
April 25, 2017
BLIND LOVE
In the movie titanic rose and jack lifted the eyes of the young and old by their love. The couple are my interest peek of the movie. The fact that rose feels lonely and unheard and not really seen as a woman makes jack even more of a hero to me. He shows her life. She went from being this sad invisible girl that doesn't have a mind of her own into a ballsy woman. He truly adored her and made her feel like she had a mind of her own and could be free and alive. I don't think his character was made to be only her love interest or the one that opened her eyes to love. I think he was created to empower her and make her see the world in its true form. Jack is treated like a boot licker or less than. In the movie he shows that he is way more than that. He is very intelligent and can be one with how rose is accustomed to living. He enjoys the fruits in life and understands that not all fruit will stay fresh forever. Rose empowered him made him become a man not only in his eyes but in the eyes of the ones that watched the movie. He took the chance of going after a women that could have gotten him into a lot of trouble. He called her out on the things that he knew she really didn't feel were like her but of someone else's. He challenged her to be free and be her true self. Trust her heart and forget about what is expected of her. In the end she had plenty of chances to fall back into what she was used to. What could have even been safer. And in return for her following her heart and being true to herself he made sure that she knew that he loved her and that she was going to be something more than what she was told she was going to be.
April 23, 2017
Writer/Director James Cameron (The Terminator 1&2, The Abyss, and True Lies) writes and directs a film about historical fiction at its finest. Set in 1912, when the Titanic was just constructed, two people from two opposite worlds strike up a romance, and try to experience before the sinking of the Titanic. Starring, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet, James Cameron gets two very honest and real performances. The Oscar winning soundtrack composed by musical genius, James Horner, fits perfectly into this masterpiece, and evokes emotions beyond all comprehension. Titanic is a great romance, and a very intense action film which will make you laugh, cry, and much more!
½ April 22, 2017
I loved it, but Rose wasn't that pretty