Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

½ October 25, 2016
Filmed in 1997, Titanic took over the country's list of favorite movies because of the gripping love triangle between Rose Bukater (Kate Winslet), Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio), and Caledon Hockley (Billy Zane). Rose, a rich, well-mannered, but depressed girl is traveling with her family and fiance, Caledon (AKA Cal). Soon after entering the ship, she decides that she is unhappy with life and decides to attempt suicide. While about to kill herself, Jack stops her. After this, she begins to spend more time with Jack rather than Cal. Whether this means she lacks fidelity or not (I would leave my fiance for Jack Dawson, too), she begins to fall in love with Jack and his free spirited/ humble personality, which causes tension between Rose, Cal, and her family amidst the historically tragic sinking of the Titanic. Connections between the past and present of Rose's life offer an in-depth view of events that occur. Skilled actors, beautiful soundtracks, and well created sets and graphic effects add to the detail of Titanic. However, the fact that the movie last three hours can be a deterrent to audiences, but constant drama might be enough to hold your attention. Still, the romance in the movie is predictable: there is forbidden love, a city girl and a country boy, and the focus on romance can take away from historical accuracy. Overall, I give the movie 4.5 stars out of 5, and recommend it to anyone who wants an amazingly executed and tear-jerking romance.
October 23, 2016
Great movie and actors. One of my all time favorites!
½ October 23, 2016
One of the best love stories I've ever watched..........#WithLoveFromDebangshu
October 20, 2016

October 20, 2016
One of the most incredible films I ever had the pleasure of watching. Titanic is extremely heart felt and and an exceptional quality of work.
October 16, 2016
Titanic is an amazing movie filled with a fantastic writing a great cast and great acting to go with it. Holy Crap this film also has some great visual effects. The sinking of the ship is especially awesome. It shows us what Hollywood can really do. Totally recommend watching. Check it out if you have a Netflix account.
October 16, 2016
Titanic is without a doubt one of my top 5 favorite movies, it's one of those movies that will always be in my heart.
October 16, 2016
Don't remember how many times I watched this and cried. Beautiful, sensitive, dramatic and unforgettable love story.<3
October 7, 2016
½ October 3, 2016
James Cameron's best film yet
October 1, 2016
Reason rating is so low as 69% could be only one reason - inability to connect to the heart of the human spirit. Reason it was the most successful movie ever made and ranked #1, top 1 and theatre lifespan is because majority of the people broke down barriers of class and race because that event affected everyone worldwide. If we added reincarnation to the mix, it's a whole different level of Remembrance of another world wide phenomenon.
½ September 30, 2016
Stupid and stereotyped movie. Boring as hell, most overrated movie of all time. 3 hours and 14 minutes wasted, better use this time to watch The Return Of The King.
September 27, 2016
Love this movie. Such a tragic set amazing story,
½ September 27, 2016
I liked this movie when I was 9, I know that sounds crazy! But I liked it a lot!
½ September 25, 2016
A beautiful job by James Cameron, I was hooked throughout this whole film. i would say id recommend it to a friend but I'm pretty sure most people have watched and enjoyed this film. Fantastic job
½ September 25, 2016
The tragic true story interwoven with make believe lovers doomed by the inevitable. The story before the sinking can make you forget what is about to happen. And the special effects are dramatic, which makes this one that can only be fully appreciated at the cinema.
September 18, 2016
The first time around I said yeah this is an entertaining movie. But I have just never had the desire to see it a second time. This is not a movie that should have made the ridiculously high box office receipts that it did however.
September 15, 2016
Romantic and is able to elevate the meaning of love.
September 12, 2016
It's not like I waited THAT long to see this. Only 19 years later. And, granted, Titanic did deliver all the emotional appeal that everybody says it does. Even I got a little sad. I'm glad that half the movie consists of the sinking ship; those scenes were gut-wrenching, but very well done. Interest level shoots up from zero to 60 in a heartbeat. Now, the first half was waning, kind of boring even. Whether having seen it or not, we all know the movie, even the love story. And if they maintained that portion without the drama for 2.5 hours, the movie would have stunk (sorry, hopeless romantics). But they don't do that, instead giving the audience equal weight, 1.5 hours love story prior to sinking ship, 1.5 hours of love story amidst a giant sinking ship. And those 1.5 hours are well worth putting your time into the investment. Now, maybe everybody has seen Titanic.
September 12, 2016
Hey when does the iceberg hit and everyone drowns...love that part!