Titanic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Titanic Reviews

November 16, 2017
es la mejor peli del mundo
November 9, 2017
Boring! Hated every second! Not accurate and the only good part is the credits at the end. Gross as well!
November 6, 2017
Titanic: A brillant mix of dazziling visuals and melodrama with superb direction from James Cameron makes Titanic a brillantly emotionaly powerful romance film. With stunning preformances from Leonardo D. Caprio and Kate Winslet.
½ October 20, 2017
This movie was terrible, i hate love stories i thought it would be about the real story.
October 11, 2017
Initially it seems that Jack dies in order to fulfill the white knight, damsel in distress narrative. Or does it? Jack's death renders Rose completely alone. She enters New York alone, which has fascinating implications. Of course, Jack's death precipitated Rose's independence, and we can assume she wouldn't have it if he had survived, which is why he doesn't (lol). But I'm not crying about it. Men have rarely been victimized and disposed of in order to make compelling thematic statements in film. In this, Jack's death creates such fascinating implications, that it's difficult to regret.

Of note however: Rose's independence begins much earlier in the film, as well as her agency. She claims in the end that Jack saved her, but really she saved herself. She sacrificed everything for a new life. Of course, Jack's influence cannot be denied. He can be credited for revealing her disposition toward independence and adventure, but Rose acts on it and sees it to fruition. Example: she had that diamond the entire time she was in New York. But she never cashed it in. She could have, no judgment, (girls gotta eat) but it makes a powerful feminist statement that she doesn't. She wasn't going to 'let Cal win' which she confesses in a deleted scene. Rather, she'd rely on her own strength and resourcefulness.
October 11, 2017
A spectacle of the highest order!!!
October 10, 2017
This is good James Cameron film, its was pretty so long movie. but this movie is better than all worst animated films
September 24, 2017
James Cameron delivers a phenomenal experience that is a marvel to behold. With ground-breaking technology, strong performances across the board, and a romance for the ages, 'Titanic' is a landmark in film and is the second highest- grossing film of all time for a reason!!!

Score: 9.5/10
September 15, 2017
Perfect actors, perfect directing, perfect story, perfect music, perfect special effects. All in all a perfect tragedy. Also if you focus on what's going on aside from the love story, it's an extremly shocking movie and there are so many scenes that bring tears to my eyes
September 14, 2017
I Like It When Films Do Get Positive Reviews From American Film Critics.
½ September 10, 2017
Probably one of James Cameron's best film thus far. While it may be tragic and true, it's dramatic looks, dialogue, and time zone make it stand out rather well. Young DiCaprio and his role make the film ever more stunning. A well modern classic, even if it wasn't based on a true event.
September 8, 2017
An instant classic..... Due to the basic true story with a romantic twist and fictional characters this movie became a huge box office hit with the masses. One of the biggest historical oceanic tragedies of the twentieth century, James Cameron does an amazing job of recreating white star lines Titanic, with truly riveting special effects (for its time) bringing back a true and elegant ship for its day giving the public audience a taste of what happened that one very cold and unfortunate night at sea April 14th 1912. A must see for all and one of my favorite all time movies.
½ September 3, 2017
A soft Dicaprio and a dreamy Winslet, a lovely movie after all.
September 2, 2017
Well it's not as bad as the Passion of the Christ, but that isn't saying much..
September 2, 2017
Not the best movie but it was better then the one from 1953, this was a long movie I don't see why it has to be such a long movie
August 31, 2017
An overbearing film of pure devastation with responsible power being felt through the production merits in an overlong tale of romance being the first half and disaster filling the rest, which doesn't fit for most spectatorship's tastes. Although admittedly, it's worth another viewing for a second chance, like "The Silence of the Lambs" ending at that limit. (C+)

(Full review TBD)
August 29, 2017
I cant wait to see it because when you see it in 3D look like you live with them
August 28, 2017
It's James Cameron's blockbuster Titanic. I'm just going to say it. I freakin' love this movie. Yeah, say what you want, but I think the film is pretty good. I honestly don't why this movie has received backlash. There's absolutely nothing so wrong with the movie that it needs such harsh criticism, at least to me. What I absolutely love about this film is how James Cameron recreated the wreck. It looked so well-done. The special effects are very good and Cameron truly makes me feel the terror of the event. The acting and casting choices were good. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio do good jobs. Billy Zane is an over-the-top but enjoyable villain. The romance is also cute and believable. The film does suffer from somewhat weak writing, mainly with the corny dialogue, especially with the fact that Jack and Rose constantly refer to each other by name. Seriously. Couldn't they say "sweetheart" or "my love" or something? There's also the famous debate over whether or not Jack could have survived the wreck, the answer to which is yes. This film really didn't deserve its backlash. I even saw a review that said "the most dreadful piece of work I've ever seen in my entire life" Seriously? There are worse films out there than this. Yeah, it's corny. Yeah, it's cliched. But I don't care. While I wouldn't consider Titanic one of the best films ever made, it is personally one of my favorites. It's visually stunning with a great sense of scale and massiveness, likeable characters and a sweet love story. It has its flaws and it's not perfect, but it's pretty enjoyable
½ August 27, 2017
Crap,,, James Cameron is over rated!
August 26, 2017
Such a long movie why must it be a 3 hour movie that just dumb, how ever I found it to be a sad movie there was good Beautiful music though. I would rather pick this one if I had to pick, and. Not the 1953.