To Kill A Mockingbird Reviews

• Aug 19, 2019

One of those films that live up to its source material and just doesn't decrease!

• Aug 05, 2019

Its a movie that most people have seen, and for good reason. It has topics of racism and bigotry that are still relatable today. It's a great adaptation of Harper Lee's novel.

• Jun 06, 2019

I don't doubt this is a great film, but it just didn't stick with me.

I don't doubt this is a great film, but it just didn't stick with me.

• Apr 01, 2019

Very nice movie. Story told very well

Very nice movie. Story told very well

• Mar 30, 2019

AFI 100 Greatest Films - #34: Excellent acting from a screenplay that remained faithfully close to the much beloved and cherished source material. *2019 Theater #10

• Feb 28, 2019

To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) can be considered a true work of art, because in it, you can see excellent photography, good lighting, a very good script and a first casting. I envy those who in 1962 could appreciate this jewel in cinemas, because certainly, it is a film that address different issues, including racism, poverty, justice, morals, transports us to our childhood making us children again in clothes of Jem, Scout and Dill, transporting us to our younger years, and confirming that good triumphs over evil. Undoubtedly, To Kill a Mockingbird (1962), becomes one of my favorite movies.

• Feb 20, 2019

They killed a dog ï¿ 1/2~ï¿ 1/2ï¿ 1/2~ï¿ 1/2ï¿ 1/2~ï¿ 1/2

They killed a dog ï¿ 1/2~ï¿ 1/2ï¿ 1/2~ï¿ 1/2ï¿ 1/2~ï¿ 1/2

• Feb 08, 2019

some slow scenes but the court scene is a straight up masterpiece

some slow scenes but the court scene is a straight up masterpiece

• Dec 30, 2018

A timeless insight into American racial dynamics. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962) is director Robert Mulligan reinventing the courtroom drama, coming of age story, and American classic of cinema. The finale in the court is a sight to behold as Gregory Peck his tour de force portrayal of Atticus Finch. He is the star as you find Peck endearing as a father, respectable as a lawyer, and admirable as a man. This is a story about a man that does the right thing because it is fair and a black man deserves a fair trial as anyone else. Mulligan directed black and white film perfection as the atmosphere is always creepy and unnerving. There are many long scenes with a shot just focused in on panning down a street to close up on a character's face that are stunning shots. The use of Elmer Bernstein's lovely score is brilliant. The haunting forests, chilling streets, and eerie homes at night are elevated by Bernstein's music. It really is incredible how To Kill a Mockingbird clearly influenced A Time to Kill, Mississippi Burning, Stand by Me, and The Goonies. Every coming of age and courtroom drama takes a little something from the look to the style of direction in To Kill a Mockingbird. The cast is pretty outstanding by any standard. Gregory Peck is captivating every time he is on screen as Atticus Finch. Robert Duvall is so tender and shy as Boo Radley. Mary Badham is so adorable and likable as Scout Finch. You see her confusion at the new ideas presented to her. Her indignant attitude is very fun to watch too. Lastly, I must mention that Phillip Alford is very impressive and expressive as Jem Finch. His sorrow and concern show a subtle understanding in his acting far beyond his years. In all, To Kill a Mockingbird is a must watch film forevermore. It is excellence in direction that is gripping from beginning to end. It is creative angles and perspectives not normally seen in film. It is unfortunately timeless messaging on racial divisions and tensions in America. To Kill a Mockingbird is just wonderful!

• Dec 17, 2018

I dont know why I didn't like it so much, I just didn´t.

I dont know why I didn't like it so much, I just didn´t.