Tomorrow Never Dies - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tomorrow Never Dies Reviews

½ January 7, 2018
007 vs Rupert Murdoch
December 27, 2017
This film is all over the place. I believe they began filming before the script had been finished and it shows.
Some truly original and entertaining action scenes are buried under a by the numbers Bond story.

Gadgets 2/5 Pretty silly collection
Girls 3/5 Teri Hatcher
as Paris Carver would have been great but is barely in it due to conflicts with Brosnan. Michelle Yeoh
as Wai Lin is the best thing in the film.
Villain 1/5 terribly written and his plan...even for Bond is dumb
Bond Theme 2/5 not the best
October 21, 2017
A paint-by-numbers plot can't drag down the fun of Brosnan's second outing as 007, which is elevated by Bond Girl Wai Lin (action star Michelle Yeoh), and brilliantly over the top Bond Villain Elliott Carver.
½ September 21, 2017
The premise isn't exactly original, but Tomorrow Never Dies boasts great action and humor. Pierce Brosnan is great as Bond, and Judi Dench's M stands out from the strong supporting cast.
½ September 5, 2017
gets a lot of hate, however still a fine addition to the series and an ok squeal to goldeneye.
September 4, 2017
Perhaps the best installment in its era of the bond series, and by far the most exciting and entertaining of its time. In my opinion Tomorrow Never Dies is a very well balanced action film, that by no means feels like it is unevenly written. Also having been infused with the typical razzle dazzle of multiple, powerful and electrifying action sequences. This film is a welcome entry to the scope of the series.
½ June 26, 2017
Good action and performances but a so so plot and Villain. Overall this is a mediocre Bond film.

6.8/10
June 25, 2017
this film is almost perfect. it is my second favorite Brosnan film. the action is great and it does contain Violence and sex references. I would recommend it to bond and non Bond fans.

cast

Robinson: Colin Salmon
Jack Wade: Joe Don Baker
Stamper: Gotze Otto
June 2, 2017
It's often believed that the point the Brosnan films tip the scales into silliness is not until his final film, it's in fact here, in his second. The balance of tones that made his debut work so well is lost. To some extent that's a shame because many of the elements here, the villain and girls especially, are really interesting in concept and in a more serious movie, which tried to exploit them better, could have elevated them among the series' best. As it turned out some things fall flat, but more things work than don't. The plot is another replica of The Spy Who Loved Me and it's most fairly compared to that Moore film in terms of style. And it compares favourable; it's may not be quite so supremely entertaining, but it's more polished and better acted than it's predecessor and as mindless fun it's a success.
½ May 23, 2017
Essentially an action movie with sporadic sophistication, Brosnan's second 007 outing does have some flashes of style but the emphasis on bloated action sequences (which are certainly very skillfull and impressive) often feels a bit too gratuitous and undermines some very good scenes and exchanges early in the film (particularly Bond's humourous confrontation with an assassin). Aside from that, some of the henchmen are very cliched and there is a general derivitive feel to proceedings. Haven't we seen all this before? It's like a Bond's greatest hits package. We get the girls (one dies early in the film and the other one assists Bond in defeating the villain, the villain himself admittedly played with charisma by Jonathon Pryce, fights, car chases, a blonde henchman who looks like Red Grant) This one has a darker feel about it too and makes me wonder what happened to the notion of seeing a Bond film to relax and unwind? It's hard to relax under a cacophony of explosions and bullets. Now instead of watching from the sofa, we have to be there in the trenches.
May 16, 2017
A non stop, high tech, action packed adventure!
May 3, 2017
good movie but far from best
April 27, 2017
This is the 18th part to the first James Bound series. It is better then all the James Bound movie made before it. It is a great movie. The 19th James Bound movie The world is not enough is better.
March 20, 2017
My least favourite Brosnan-Bond film. It is always on every few months on ITV! I'm f-ing tired of it! The only good thing to say about it is that it's not as terrible as Roger Moore's outings as Bond.
February 19, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ February 10, 2017
Essentially an action movie, Brosnan's second 007 outing does have some flashes of style and sophistication but the emphasis on bloated action sequences (which are certainly very skillfull and impressive) often feels a bit too gratuitous and undermines some very good scenes and exchanges early in the film (particularly Bond's tense but funny confrontation with an assassin). Aside from that, some of the henchmen are very cliched and there is a general derivitive feel to everything. Haven't we seen all this before? It's like a two hour montage of Bond's greatest hits. Goldeneye atleast had eloquent dialogue, set pieces and the added benefit of being the first Bond in 6 years, giving it a new freshness.
½ January 29, 2017
Some great action and a committed villainous performance by Jonathan Pryce cannot make up for the rather disappointing and honestly boring second adventure for Brosnan's 007.
½ January 5, 2017
A little too much machine gun fire and a few protracted action scenes that whilst fun to watch get very close to jumping the shark on occasion. The main two things that this movie has going for it are firstly, it contains my personal favourite car chase scene in any Bond movie and also my favourite gadget. That being the ridiculously clever yet laughably pointless steel rope cutting gadget built into the car. I can't help but cheer every time I see it. Very much an action-packed bond movie, a fun exciting watch but no classic.
January 4, 2017
160626: The 18th Bond Film. Silly film with glimpses of hope. If you've seen my prior Bond reviews you're likely wondering why I'm still watching. Some of the action midway through this film is the reason why. There has always been such potential with the character and films but it's lost on me because of the stupidity, often associated with the suspension of belief. In this case, the Elliot Carver character (Jonathan Prye) couldn't be worse. Am I to believe he's some badass super villain? Am I to believe any of these characters, good or bad, would have survived as long as they did? I really wonder sometimes why I continue to push with Bond but I'm almost certain I will see this whole series through. Perhaps I'll come to some great understanding but more likely, in my opinion, my personal values just do not jive with what the Bond series actually is. On a positive note, there is some great action in this film. Some of it pushes the envelope just a bit too much, as usual, but they almost had it right here. It's always great to see Ricky Jay & Vincent Schivelli. The BMW Cruiser R1200C really intrigued me; almost to the point of making me want one. Under the neat category, Tomorrow features the highest death toll in any Bond film to this point. It is also the first movie in film history to have its entire budget be covered in product placement campaigns. 3 pushing 3.5. Ok, next.
December 29, 2016
Enjoyed all of Pierce Brosnans appearances as Bond. I grew up with all these in the 90s n early 00s. Good times. I remember having the game of this for Christmas on PlayStation 1.