Toy Story 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toy Story 2 Reviews

May 21, 2017
I have to say that even I thought that this movie does improve on its predecessor and my kids thought that it was an on amazing sequel also, it's amazing how they have a new character and a new adventure and I hope that when they make toy story 4 they make it even better than all the other movies in the franchise.
May 20, 2017
Even though the first and third film might be better loved than this one, Toy Story 2 might be my personal favorite (though the others do come really really close)
May 13, 2017
With a brilliantly written story, stellar animation, clever humor, a lovable and memorable cast of characters, and incredible voice acting, it's absolutely hard to believe that this amazing masterpiece of a sequel only took 9 months to finish up in its final form.
½ May 7, 2017
How do you improve upon a winning formula I hear you ask? Well, the key is not to mix things up. This just brings back all the popular characters, introduces a few new ones, and gives us another easy to follow concept that appeals to kids and adults alike. On this occasion, Woody is stolen by a greedy toy collector, intent on shipping him to Japan to become on display as a collectors item within a museum. Torn between his old friends, and his new ones, he has to make the decision of whether to remain loyal to his mates and owner, knowing one day he will be cast aside when Andy grows up, or whether he wishes to constantly be appreciated by tourists gawping at him within the confides of a toy museum. It all sounds quite deep and meaningful but of course it's not. It's all about the journey and of course the laughs along the way, and as expected, this produces many. It's good that we actually have a couple of villains in this one too, nothing malicious, but an enemy is always a bonus for children to 'boo'. I can't say this is ever going to be top of my wish list for films to watch but you cannot help but continue to admire the clever way in which this will appeal to families. I'll gladly sit through the 3rd Instalment, and no doubt be writing more countless praise regarding the success of this series.
May 1, 2017
Toy story 2 could be better I think but we will meet New characters in this movie
April 26, 2017
I got my Zurg action figure after watching this as a kid.
½ April 9, 2017
While not as magical as the first, I still love this movie so much. Toy Story 2 is a totally fun movie to show to kids, and adults can enjoy it too. So good.
½ April 5, 2017
A sequel that is as good if not better than the original. Toy Story 2 brings original and some new characters into a richer story with a fantastic message behind it. A movie that can be watched for all ages for an uplifting time.
½ April 2, 2017
Como con su predecesor, el episodio sobresaliente es el de la persecución final. Juntos nuevamente en la pista de aterrizaje, los juguetes cantan victoria mientras el avión desciende detrás de ellos. Aterriza rozando sus cabezas y quedan inmóviles mirando espantados un poco por encima de la cámara y como posando para la foto. Me gusta esa escena.

5/10: Regular.
½ March 29, 2017
It's predecessor, Toy Story, didn't make up as much as it could. But the fantastic sequel introduces the Pixar we know today.
March 26, 2017
One of the few sequels that is EVEN BETTER than its predecessor, Toy Story 2 brilliantly adds a new story, interesting characters, good humor, and emotion that has yet to be matched by any other animated movie. It is without a doubt my FAVORITE Pixar movie, and thats against really stiff competition!
March 22, 2017
I like the beginning with Buzz fighting Zerg that was a cool part in the beginning of the movie. I like Jesse she was a cool cow girl that was a good movie and this movie is funny!!! My favorite person was woody, Jessie and buzz
March 20, 2017
A beautiful sequel, they are doing everything right.
March 20, 2017
Good follow up to a classic original. It keeps the winning formula throughout, but feels that little bit less special for some reason.
½ March 14, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: Like any great sequel should, but frankly rarely does, 'Toy Story 2' re-captures the magic of the first film whilst adding to it in lots of new and exciting ways. Primarily, this is thanks to the new plot which is far more 'high-stakes' for our characters; bringing them each onto new levels of development. However, the joy of it all is that the brilliant humour, great animation and touching themes are most definitely back in force as well.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It could be argued that some of the simpler emotional charm is lost.
VERDICT: 'Toy Story 2' might just be better than the first film. And that's saying something.
½ February 24, 2017
One of the best animated films and for me the best of the trilogy
½ February 23, 2017
This was like the original in the idea but man that Jesse Sean was sad as heck
February 21, 2017
By far the best in the series.
February 11, 2017
Toy Story 2 is definitely an improvement over its predecessor. It still offers an excellent story, stunning animation, loveable characters and a talented voice cast such as Tom Hanks, Tim Allen and Joan Cusack. This is a must-watch for the ones who enjoyed the first Toy Story film. Pixar, you've done it again. 5 out of 5 stars.
January 31, 2017
Again, Randy Newman's music, boosted by Toy Story (1995). The level is the same as in the previous section, but the plot is very new. More humor found in the particle, and also the rate remains the same. One scene in Star Wars parodies, funny, and in the credits at the same time "ruined rotating scenes" -an extra. Finally, a couple of things: A good story and humor of sulfur is in place.