Toy Story 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toy Story 2 Reviews

½ October 22, 2016
Love the movie, it is my favorite toy story not far ahead of the third one.
October 20, 2016
BEST FROM PIXAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
½ October 5, 2016
This gave diarrea it is bad and I do not like it
½ September 16, 2016
holy s*** this movie is amazing i never liked the first one but this one was amazing ! story to acting was amazing maybe better !!!
½ September 6, 2016
89% - This is a well-made sequel that focuses on each and every character's story which goes deep inside to reveal the unknown characteristics of every toy. The film is funnier and more adventurous than its prequel. So Toy Story 2 qualifies as a superior sequel and it is a fun movie to watch at all times.
½ September 2, 2016
Watched this shortly after Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, which rehashes every joke from its predecessor. It really made me appreciate Toy Story 2, which is EXACTLY how you make a sequel which references the first movie in an enjoyable, tasteful way.
August 26, 2016
Such a unique sequel with emotional aspects like none other and unforgettable entertainment quality. All of this done at the same exact level of the original Toy Story.
August 21, 2016
Toy Story 2 succeeds in every level. From it's outstanding animation, brisk pace and fantastic sense of humor, all the way down to it's talented voice cast and it's diverse and thoroughly developed array of characters, Pixar has achieved a worthy sucesor to Toy Story, while at the same time, crafting one of the most polished, touching and hilarious animated film ever.
½ August 17, 2016
One of the few sequels that ever get the recognition of being arguably better than the film before it... This movie is fresh and fun, it continues on a story we know and love while simultaneously making it better. The plot is one of Pixar's best ever and the characters (old and new) are simply amazing.
August 16, 2016
still a good follow up to Pixar's best feature!
August 12, 2016
The second instalment in the Toy Story franchise is another well crafted family film. I do not think it surpasses the first due to few reasons including that this movie does have more of a villain, while the other one doesn't. But it is still funny and heartfelt
and a great second act to a fantastic franchise.
August 7, 2016
Didnot really feel excited through this one although the animation was good for its time. Lost interest at a couple of points and barely got through. All i wanted to see was how Woody gets through the dilemma and how he makes that very though choice. Felt quite stupid trying to learn life lessons from this movie because it felt like it was going to deliver one. The ending was pretty realistic though.
½ August 6, 2016
Another classic, not all sequels like up to there counterparts but heres an exception. Another strong Disney film with lots of laughs for the whole family.
August 4, 2016
This is a good Disney/Pixar movie toy story 2 is amazing
August 2, 2016
Following off from the first film this is a must see for animation fans. It develops the characters from the first film to make me love them even moer while bring in new and exciting characters like Jessie and Bullseye. I loved that it bring the realisation to these toys that they aren't going to be played with forever as shown in the heartbreaking 'When She Loved Me' scene. If you love the first film you will love this film maybe even more.
½ August 1, 2016
What a fantastic sequel to an amazing film! It is not often that sequels are great films but Toy Story 2 proves that some sequels are actually very good. John Lasseter directs this film as he did with the first and he does an incredible job second time round. I said this with the first Toy Story and I will say it with this one it is definitely a film that I could watch all day. The only thing about this film is that I began to get a little bored in the middle of this film. I would have given this film another rare 5 star rating but because I got slightly bored in the middle of this film I gave it 4 and a half stars, which is still very good it is nearly perfect. An incredible sequel, well done to John Lasseter for being able to direct another incredible Toy Story film. Great film. Also credit to Ash Brannon and Lee Unkrich who assisted directing.
July 30, 2016
Tot Story gets better by the movie. A great family movie.
July 27, 2016
Improve animation makes this great
July 26, 2016
In my opinion, just as good as the first one. Still an animated triumph.
It has introduced new characters that fit very perfectly to the story. The best thing about it though is how Pixar made us care even more about the new characters and the old ones, too. I also loved how the movie made Buzz the hero who would do anything to save his best friend Woody. Just thinking about the friendship that surrounds Woody and Buzz makes me so happy and really caring and loving for these characters. The twists that happen in the movie are very creative and clever and unexpected. ALSO, I LOVED EMPEROR ZURG!!
Score: 10/10 (Masterpiece).
½ July 23, 2016
Innovating much more on the original's premise, Toy Story 2 introduces many more characters that provide a much more lighthearted tone than the first, complete with a hilarious story, poignant moments and great animation for its time.