Toy Story 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Toy Story 2 Reviews

March 22, 2017
I like the beginning with Buzz fighting Zerg that was a cool part in the beginning of the movie. I like Jesse she was a cool cow girl that was a good movie and this movie is funny!!! My favorite person was woody, Jessie and buzz
March 20, 2017
A beautiful sequel, they are doing everything right.
March 20, 2017
Good follow up to a classic original. It keeps the winning formula throughout, but feels that little bit less special for some reason.
½ March 14, 2017
WHAT I LIKED: Like any great sequel should, but frankly rarely does, 'Toy Story 2' re-captures the magic of the first film whilst adding to it in lots of new and exciting ways. Primarily, this is thanks to the new plot which is far more 'high-stakes' for our characters; bringing them each onto new levels of development. However, the joy of it all is that the brilliant humour, great animation and touching themes are most definitely back in force as well.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It could be argued that some of the simpler emotional charm is lost.
VERDICT: 'Toy Story 2' might just be better than the first film. And that's saying something.
½ February 24, 2017
One of the best animated films and for me the best of the trilogy
½ February 23, 2017
This was like the original in the idea but man that Jesse Sean was sad as heck
February 21, 2017
By far the best in the series.
February 11, 2017
Toy Story 2 is definitely an improvement over its predecessor. It still offers an excellent story, stunning animation, loveable characters and a talented voice cast such as Tom Hanks, Tim Allen and Joan Cusack. This is a must-watch for the ones who enjoyed the first Toy Story film. Pixar, you've done it again. 5 out of 5 stars.
January 31, 2017
Again, Randy Newman's music, boosted by Toy Story (1995). The level is the same as in the previous section, but the plot is very new. More humor found in the particle, and also the rate remains the same. One scene in Star Wars parodies, funny, and in the credits at the same time "ruined rotating scenes" -an extra. Finally, a couple of things: A good story and humor of sulfur is in place.
January 25, 2017
Thoughtful, nuanced, HUH-Larious. IMPROVES on the original movie, adds more interesting characters, made to thrill children while slyly navigating adult interactions and relationships with heart, humor, and a confident clarity just complex enough to show layers and depth.
Truly Brilliant stuff.
Adults will gain a new respect for what otherwise gets written off as kid stuff.

Worthy.
5 of 5
½ January 17, 2017
Como con su predecesor, el episodio sobresaliente es el de la persecución final. Juntos nuevamente en la pista de aterrizaje, los juguetes cantan victoria mientras el avión desciende detrás de ellos. Aterriza rozando sus cabezas y quedan inmóviles mirando espantados casi directamente a la cámara, perfectamente enmarcados en la pantalla y como posando para la foto. Estupenda escena. 5/10
½ January 10, 2017
With fantastic blends of genre elements, innovative storytelling, Pixar's trademark flawless animation, and the overall handling of its characters, the sequel confirms Pixar's input to cinema.
January 8, 2017
Amazing sequel to a CGI masterpiece and a slight improvement over the first.
December 29, 2016
Toy Story 2 was a excellent sequel to the Original Toy Story. and woody being saved by buzz mr.potato head hamm slinky and rex was funny and the other buzz was funny too and Toy Story 2 was thumbs up for me and to other folks how like the Toy Story franchise by Pixar. but Toy Story 3 was just sad and dark to me when it came in 2010 hopefully pixar will officially end the Toy Story film series with toy story 4 and Ending Toy Story franchise on a good note.
December 29, 2016
Unforgettable, nostalgic, and filled with mature themes. Toy Story 2 is that rare sequel that is way better than the 1st and serves more than a blatant cash grab.
½ December 24, 2016
Even better than the first film, this sequel benefits from the fact that we already know and care about the characters, which is used in favor of a story that is much richer and more profound than the previous one, becoming another instant classic just as well.
December 7, 2016
My favorite Pixar movie. Spectacular in every possible way.
November 27, 2016
Beside's the Shrek-movies the Toy Story -movies are the best Animation ever for me ! Loved it ! SOMDVD
November 25, 2016
It's pretty good. However some parts and characters can be a bit annoying.
November 19, 2016
The rare sequel is that is EVEN BETTER than the first film, Toy Story 2 expands the story with even more memorable characters, inventive storytelling and great animation!