Transcendence Reviews

• Nov 14, 2019

I found just two annoying issues: terrorists are so unpleasant you still hate them even when you discover they had some good reasons (Kate Mara couldn't manage to escape this) and Rebecca Hall sometimes she isn't very convincing.

• Sep 24, 2019

I don't see what the fuss is about, I thought it was pretty good.

I don't see what the fuss is about, I thought it was pretty good.

• Sep 18, 2019

A stinker. Barely a plot. And long.

A stinker. Barely a plot. And long.

• Sep 04, 2019

Loved the film, everything you want in an AI type future film!

Loved the film, everything you want in an AI type future film!

• Aug 04, 2019

our protagonist is about to die and here the other protagonists decide to transfer his intelligence in a compute so that he can continue to live, but it will be discovered that he is no longer the same. The film is very promising but then lacks originality and emotion so as to make itself flat and without particular aspirations, making a potentially beautiful film a waste of time

• Jul 14, 2019

Oh my word that was bad. So bad in fact that I turned it off 10 minutes before the end. I just couldn't stomach it. Terrible in every respect.

• Jun 12, 2019

I don't know; I liked it. Would watch again

I don't know; I liked it. Would watch again

• Jun 10, 2019

I kind of like this movie! Don't understand why the ratings are so low....

I kind of like this movie! Don't understand why the ratings are so low....

• May 13, 2019

Sci Fi flick that makes you think - at least a little bit. Decent premise and acting. The plot plays out a bit like an old Outer Limits show... 'we could maybe transfer part of a monkey into a computer - I'm dying, so just beam me up! Oh look it worked!' The movie itself played out more like 'Ex Machina' - the tight relationship between Depp and his wife and Bettany made for an interesting 'did we do a good or bad thing here?' sort of film (although even there it felt like the director was toying with the audience). Beyond those 3 characters, the rest of the cast was probably not necessary.

• May 01, 2019