TRON - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

TRON Reviews

October 28, 2017
Probably very innovative and technologically-advanced for its time, TRON has not aged well. The graphics are obsolete, revealing the poor, random plot.

Pretty boring.
October 26, 2017
Awesome Disney Classic movie in 80s when fans love this movie so much
September 14, 2017
I loved this movie. The effects were great. The acting, eh, but the eff
½ August 25, 2017
This is a very important movie in cinema history even if it is not that good.
August 22, 2017
One of the best and most overlooked scifi movies of all time. For those that did not get it, you missed an event sociologic.
July 15, 2017
its old but fundament of tron legacy and i love that move and its too interesting and good with effects.
½ July 4, 2017
While it can be cheesy at times and its effects are pretty dated by today's standards, TRON is still a creative, stylized, and fun Disney film that's worth your time and money.
½ May 20, 2017
this film was one of eccentric movie some either liked or didn't interest them. personally i loved this movie, better said tron is my personal favorite from disney along with rocketeer. this films gave huge and large view of tecnology in it time and paved the way for other iconic films. a great films that entertaining and fun to watch.
April 29, 2017
Tron's shaky VFX, color palette, and world design are all far too distracting to keep focus on a plot that has many holes. Nonetheless, the three leads are good, as are the real world sections.
April 12, 2017
Such a beautiful film. Amazing to have seen in 70mm.
April 1, 2017
Classic. Where it all started.
March 6, 2017
Finest cinematic and technological achievement in the history of mankind.
You loved it, you're just being a too cool for the room ass wipe sack of monkey shit trying to schmooze with the artist chicks in your dorm.
January 25, 2017
Weird - probably missed the boat with this one. Should have seen it years ago - might have appreciated it more.
½ January 14, 2017
Tron is by-no-means a masterpeice, but it's a good film that can be seen in a new light compared to other sci-fi movies. The effects and digital worlds have certainly dated, but it does better with it's characters and intriguing plot which keep the movie mostly strong.
½ January 3, 2017
A movie probably so much ahead of its time. The effects are unbelievable if you think it was made in 1982. The characters and the plot though feel quite dated nowadays. The sequel from 2010 is the perfect "upgrade" of this movie.
December 26, 2016
O?lum beni ayd?nlatt? ve h?mmm,vayy...ne senaryo yaz?yorlar ama söylemim 8 puan ...
½ December 2, 2016
When I first come across this after watching the sequel, I just couldn't into it and just find it very boring. However, that was years ago, so I got a bit wiser and learn to appreciate slow-paced films. So after watching it, Tron is a really great Disney movie that really is original. The plot is pretty straightforward, but I still got interested in it. Characters are pretty good, and the acting is well done, especially Jeff Bridges. When it gets to the Grid, the effects look astounding and definitely works in the pixelating world which makes sense in that time period of when the film was made. There were times that I still got a bit bored and wanted the film to go a little bit faster, and it does go back to being interesting when it starts moving forward. The disk action is pretty good, and the lightcycle scenes are very stylish and entertaining to watch. Tron is a very entertaining film that is better than I remember of it.
November 20, 2016
Good idea, poor transformation into reality.
November 2, 2016
For a movie that seemed so cutting edge in terms of it's visuals and special effects it never truly "catches fire" in the way it ought to do story-wise. It's certainly a good movie and a great achievement technically but it's plodding pace makes it oddly forgettable.
October 17, 2016
The focus, perhaps, is on spectacle, but in total this is a tremendous piece of forward-thinking pop art that provided the skeleton for an Information Age mythology. The visuals astound nearly 35 years later because the limitations of CG animation in 1982 informed the overall aesthetic, supplied mainly via traditional animation techniques. A Fantasia for the '80s and the genesis of something we now take for granted. See it if only to see eye-popping cinematic history.