TRON Reviews

Alec B Super Reviewer
    17h ago

I don't really mind that the effects are dated as the visual design (silent movie era make-up crossed with 80s neon) remains uniquely odd. Also it's plot, with computer programs imagined as religious zealots and corporate maneuvering centered around arcade games is more compelling than it is given credit for.

• Nov 01, 2019

I love this movie. It was groundbreaking when I first saw it in the theater in 1982.

• Oct 10, 2019

Released in 1982 Tron was supposed to be a hit but it wasn't. Not a flow but the film did average business and was largely forgotten until it was rediscovered in home media and became a cult classic. To say that TRON was ahead of its time is to understate the matter. '80s special effects aside (pioneering though they were), this movie is a tremendous predictor of things to come, not only in terms of virtual reality but with respect to the advancement and sophistication users have increasingly demanded from video games. Once the setup has been established, TRON turns into an action-oriented endeavor, with characters attempting to make their way through the video game inspired landscape of the mainframe to the goal that will achieve victory. Along the way, they face dangers and obstacles of many kinds. Tron, in many ways was a pathbreaker and although the special effects and visuals are dated, there is something charming about the film.

• Aug 25, 2019

Yes, it's a landmark film. Yes, it's remarkable what they pulled off. But I'm sorry, it just doesn't hold up. It's embarrassingly cheesy to look at. Which would be forgivable if there was at least an engaging story or characters to follow. It's all just soo hokey and the gobbledygook is hard to follow.

• Apr 28, 2019

For the time it came out it was interesting and something different tho the script could a little more but overall good,sad to say the sequel fell off from where it left off and failed to follow through the original squeal game story/story.

• Apr 28, 2019

The best sci-fi movie ever made!

The best sci-fi movie ever made!

• Mar 11, 2019

I love the movie but not that much as the sequel

I love the movie but not that much as the sequel

• Mar 09, 2019

A groundbreaking classic.

A groundbreaking classic.

• Jan 21, 2019

This movie was so awesome for its time. It is now a cult-classic. My kids enjoy the story but are not impressed by the effects, but the effects were so far ahead of its time that this movie was disqualified from the Oscars because it used computers. Today all movies use computer special effects. I remember wanting to go to the digital world so much when I was a kid. This movie is underrated because it truly began days of computer special effects in cinema.

• Jan 02, 2019