Trophy Reviews

• Feb 19, 2018

Its not that good really. If you like watching overweight, rednecks, with the IQ of a squirrel shoot at stuff in a fenced in cage and then act proud like they are actual hunters, then have a seat. " Philip Glass: They say I fell out of the hunting vehicle when I was two or three years old, AND LANDED ON MY HEAD" That pretty much sums up this movie. Enjoy killing brain cells.

• Feb 13, 2018

Wow. this must be where they got the idea for the movie hostel. Seriously give the animals a gun and then you can call it a sport. All I saw was a bunch of Rich douchebags looking to make up for their micro penises.

• Feb 13, 2018

Worst movie I ever saw

Worst movie I ever saw

• Jan 16, 2018

A superb movie and timely expose that illuminates the issue of the plight of African wild animals from nearly all angles. Omitted were the efforts of conservationist organizations and the end users in China and Vietnam who are driving the demand for rhino horn. I really sympathized with Mr Hume, the man struggling to keep his rhino ranch viable. Hats off to the directors Clusiau and Schwartz.

• Jan 08, 2018

A documentary that is so informative yet so balanced that it is difficult to draw a conclusion which is perhaps the highest praise that can be given to a documentary.

• Dec 21, 2017

Enlightening, and informative, offering an element of balance but ultimately you can't help but feel sympathy for the animals on screen. Presented with no form of bias, the viewer is left to make up their own minds based on the facts presented.

• Dec 05, 2017

very compelling presentation of the hunting and conservation industries. While there are some opinions of people that are against hunting presented in the film, there are many explanations of the value of hunting and the value of conservation. There is also a world-renowned ecologist providing his opinion. Excellent watch, so much that I'm not sure I even blinked. Watch, share, support!

• Sep 27, 2017

I'm the realm of documentaries, this hits the spot. Really gives the viewer a benhid the scenes view of the trophy hunter & their passions. Some will not like it if they're sensitive to animal abuse or sport killings. I would recommend this film to those without the issues I previously mentioned.

• Sep 18, 2017

Trophy hunting is abhorrent and unethical. To give this horrific ugly barbaric practice airtime is to lend it some sort of credibility. 2017 There is no other way to look at Phillip Glass than seeing him as a horrible monster. Any sane compassionate person with a heart can see the ugliness of what these sick people do. The world is in the midst of the Sixth Mass Extinction and psycho killers taking selfies with carcasses they have killed and then stuffing them is NOT contributing to conservation. A minus is not a plus. I am a true conservationist. I give every penny of my extra money to help save African animals, with lions being my focus and my passion. I can tell you right now that I love lions a hell of a lot more than Phillip Glass does. And I love them ALIVE. I leave for Africa in a few months and I'll be spending my dollars at ethical operations that do not kill to make a profit. Also, if these cretins are doing so much good in the world, then where the hell are the photos of them feeding hungry poor people? You won't find them, but you WILL find them posing over the corpses of the animals they killed. Sentient beings, who were breathing and living before these sun humans came along and shot them dead. BOYCOTT THIS FILM!

• Sep 08, 2017

'Trophy' is everything that's great about documentary filmmaking. Instead of preaching, the documentarians give a nuanced down the middle view from all angles. Hence, it's likely that viewers from one of the many sides of hunting will like this movie. Every person chronicled is humanized. Nobody is made to be the bad guy. The hunters are treated with respect. The conservationists, who often come off when you listen to them speak as having god-complexes, are portrayed with dignity. We hear each side (and there are more than two) from the people closest to the hunting. Some of the hunts are legal but many are illegal. We only get to witness he legal ones. What it comes down to for me is: Some people believe earth is here to serve man and some people think man is here to serve the earth. Is it selfish to hunt animals legally? Is it self-righteous to think you alone can preserve a species? This is interesting and a must-watch if you are into hunting or believe in saving the planet and it will equally frustrate both parties. Final Score:9.6/10