Tusk Reviews

• Feb 17, 2020

This movie was the worst. It really left a bad taste in my mouth. Kevin Smith should never make movies again because of this

• Feb 08, 2020

So refreshing! Dark, twisted and funny. Brilliant performances and execution all ‘round. The narrative at the heart of the story is poignant and actually deep, which is why I think I also felt sad at the end! Kevin you creative, clever mo' fo'! Ha! Thank you for continuing cinema as an art form, making the world a that much better place Xo

• Jan 27, 2020

Even with Justin Long's overall decent performance, Tusk is still a very mind-boggling, and confusing film thanks to strange acting choices, hit or miss practical effects, and an inconsistent tone that cant decide if it wants to be a funny or scary.

• Jan 02, 2020

Kevin Smith's Tusk "has a trash soul but an exquisite execution, not that the film is an artistic milestone or even a great movie, but its Amazing virtues need to be praised. As soon as we look at the script we realize the great difficulty of cataloging and creating the meaning and rhythm necessary for the feature, and this problem is present, Kevin tells us the story of a podcaster in search of a good story that ends up falling into the hands of a psychopath who wants to turn it into a walrus, yes, a walrus, we realize an influence with the Dutch "Human Centipede" but Kevin eventually leads us to the less eschatological side of the thing, and prioritizes seeking a suspenseful atmosphere that flirts with the dark humor, which ends up creating a tragicomic that is not deep in fear nor is it funny, but it is fun and holds the viewer. Technically the movie is good, Kevin Smith is a great director, and even with the limited resources the filmmaker can pull off strong acting and great actors, as well as being able to fit a beautiful photo and set composition, the editing of the film is also very good and its narrative pace is compelling, and its use of cameras and framing is wonderful. The performances of the film are good, especially Michael Parks, the late American actor is a separate show with his performance completely out of place, is a perfect and scary performance, and is responsible for creating the suspense core of the film, and especially for serve as a pillar for the second act of the movie, which is very good, Justin Long is also a pleasant surprise, the actor permeates very well from humor to terror. "Tusk" that came out of a director's joke on twitter is another Kevin Smith movie that we like for its pleasant surprise, we expect a weak and flawed movie but we get a cool movie with virtues, either for its acting or direction. NOTE: 7.5 / 10

• Dec 29, 2019

You're going to watch this and think "WTF WTF WTF. This is the weirdest and most dumb movie I've ever watched. Why is this not rated worse on rotten tomatoes??" Seriously though. Don't waste your time. You'll be really mad. I am mad. Very mad. Right now.

• Nov 25, 2019

Tusk is simply another disaster from Kevin Smith that can't decide whether it wants to be the worst dark comedy you will ever lay eyes on or a wickedly disturbing experience, but the only halfway decent thing about this film is sadly let down by its laughably off-the-rails plot and its miserable ending.

• Nov 18, 2019

Not quite as bad as Human Centipede, but this is sufficiently disgusting and touches the same nerves. Not enjoyable in any way.

• Nov 04, 2019

Great acting, deeply disturbing and sometimes funny.

Great acting, deeply disturbing and sometimes funny.

• Nov 03, 2019

A film a bit bonkers and sprinkled with humour but with just the right amount of horror to scratch that itch to keep you watching. I went into this film blind and I enjoyed every minute of the film I like what the actors/director did and was very surprised to see Mr Depp in the film, although it was a pleasant one as he quickly became my favourite character of the film. I would recommend this film to anyone be it a horror fan, into Kevin Smith films or even just to throw on for some munching popcorn and zone out film. For me ticked all the boxes, it's nothing too out of the box but I believe in some time could garner some form of cult status akin to the jeepers creepers films. 03/11/2019 Josh Smyth

• Oct 27, 2019