Underworld: Awakening Reviews

• 3d ago

I did not realize Underworld had this many sequels. I gave up after a couple on account of they were so bad and oddly departed from what made the original so good. Awakening actually goes back to the original material, tracking Selene and Michael as they flee a human retaliation 'purge' of Lycans and Vampires. Selene is back in killing form and looks good doing it. The action is decent if the CGI a little sketchy. From there things go a bit downhill. Not just for the vamps, but for the movie as well. There are a bunch of supporting characters that kind of wander in and out helping from time to time, none of which are given any serious screen time. The daughter-monster doesn't seem particularly helpful, and her superpower seems to be getting a purple face. I can see where they were going with the plotline, and it isn't awful, but it does feel overstretched, like the franchise has already said everything it needed to say. Definitely not as good or as compelling as the original.

• Oct 25, 2019

Horrible and absolute garbage. Rating: 1.2/10

Horrible and absolute garbage. Rating: 1.2/10

• Jul 25, 2019

Cool concept that has you compelled in the beginning and then throws that idea out right away.

• May 01, 2019

Once again, Underworld is back with the 4th (yes 4th) film in the franchise. Thankfully, Kate Beckinsale returns to deliver more Vampire death dealing for us all to enjoy. Unfortunately, it isn't much of an improvement over Rise of the Lycans. Admittedly, the return of the regular cast, setting and characters is a great relief, but overall, it has little more to offer. The plot is still chockingly boring, the action is less and less interesting and surprising, and the film feels as if they put in a minimal amount of effort.

• Mar 07, 2019

Great movie definitely carries through the series Kate was incredible

Great movie definitely carries through the series Kate was incredible

• Jan 20, 2019

Another phenomenal installment to this epic franchise!

Another phenomenal installment to this epic franchise!

• Dec 26, 2018

frankly the best of all the selene saga returns and returns in a very epic and involvidable way more powerful than ever, is a perfect antihero in this action adventure.

• Oct 30, 2018

They better bring Michael back in the next films!!!!!! have watched on my boxxy software .always find all movies and serials there and for freee

• Jun 06, 2018

After the third installment of Underworld: Rise of the Lycans which I wasn't expecting it to be a prequel and it didn't follow up to a sequel which I found to be mediocre as hell. Now as mediocre then I thought and that is without further ado, Underworld: Awakening. Yes, that's right. This is actually sequel follow up to Underworld: Evolution not Rise of the Lycans where you thought there's no Kate Beckinsale as Selene and you was saying "Hello, where the f£$k are you?" This is the same f£$king reaction that I was going to get! Anyways, lets move on. After the events of Evolution, Selene is shooting bad guys and she and Michael is been captured by humans of Dr. Jacob Lane played Stephan Lea, imprisoning Selene in the cryogenic suspension. After many years of being frozen, Selene escapes and it turns out that she thinks that Michael has escaped too. She can tell because she can see the flashbacks through her eyes. Um, okay then. As she escapes, a young vampire called David joins in with her and found a child named Eve. Along the way she got bitten by one of the Lycans. When Eve wasn't healing she and David had one to the coven of the Death Dealers to get her recovered then the coven is under attack by Lycans. Now this is a brutal action horror flick unlike the prequel and CGI is a little overly dated making the movie unwatchable. The fight sequences are enjoyable and brutal and they are just as brutal, violent and gory as the others unlike the prequel though but the delivery is quite poor. When Selene says that the humans kidnapped Eve, she has just said that they kidnapped Eve who is actually her daughter so when Selene sees her own flashbacks of Eve, she had just realised that she is her daughter so the Lycans had intended to use her DNA to enhance themselves, primarily to make themselves immune to silver and to further enhance their own fast healing. After the end battle sequence and the sirens arrived, Selene and her friends are still looking for Michael so I guess the Lycans are looking for him again so I guess I have to watch another film of Underworld called Underworld: Blood Wars. Underworld: Awakening is not as good as the others for a certain extent but had to agree that is entire mediocre.

• Jan 15, 2018

Kate Beckinsale is back! "Underworld Awakening" is a good continuation from Underworld Evolution and it tells a pretty interesting story where the humans are hunting the Vampires and Lycans. The CGI is better than the previous installments and the action is still just as fun. It was great to see Kate Beckinsale back as Selene.