Unfinished Song - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unfinished Song Reviews

May 24, 2016
For those of us of a certain age it's a sad but feel good movie.
May 12, 2016
Worth a watch. Terence Stamp puts on an excellent performance.
April 5, 2016
Great acting and appropriate family relationships that are explored, a "happy tearjerker"? Liked it.
½ January 23, 2016
Wonderful movie.. extraordinary performances from Stamp & Redgrave.. Gemma Arterton is spectacular in this one..
November 18, 2015
Although it's very cheesy, there's a lovable quality to it. Unfinished Song is cute and undeniably heartwarming.
November 10, 2015
It's a very formulaic and used plot formula, but there's a good emotional attachment for most of its characters, with some humour for balance too.
November 9, 2015
WOW......WOW....WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SUCH A BEAUTIFUL, BRILLIANT MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH A FANTASTIC CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE IT IS SUCH A POWERFUL DRAMA MOVIE 2 WATCH, BUT IT IS SUCH A BRILLIANT MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH A SUPERB CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE....... WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.......
½ November 7, 2015
Excellent feel good movie with a great cast. Well worth a look
November 7, 2015
Missed the first 20 mins of this but i could still follow it. Enjoyable story of an OAPS choir that has a sad and happy ending
½ November 7, 2015
Beautiful, funny, sentimental and uplifting - thoroughly enjoyed it!
November 4, 2015
Like a mug of tea on a cold day.
Harlequin68
September 18, 2015
While Marion(Vanessa Redgrave) goes to choir practice led by Elizabeth(Gemma Arterton), Marion's husband Arthur(Terence Stamp) spends his retirement either at home or hanging out with his friends at the pub. Just as the choir is getting ready for competition, Marion's cancer returns. Instead of trying to go through the rigors of chemotherapy again, she decides to concentrate on the choir...

Aside from its saccharine plot, "Song for Marion" already has a couple of strikes going against it. First, its major attempts at humor come from seniors singing age-inappropriate songs. Plus, the world is really not ready for a super-perky Gemma Arterton. At the same time, Vanessa Redgrave and Christopher Eccleston are both very good in support. That brings us to Terence Stamp who carries and grounds the movie at the same time with his sensitive, yet tough, performance.
½ September 17, 2015
This uplifting film hits a lot of familiar notes, but the melody is still a beautiful one. Vanessa Redgrave gets more stunning the older she gets and Terrence Stamp is a leading man still in his prime.
July 21, 2015
A nice movie to watch with mom. Story line is beautiful as relationships get reestablished throughout the movie but enough situations to have you wanting more out of the characters that later on catch on. This movie speaks love.
June 20, 2015
Slightly predictable but a touching and heartwarming film :)
½ June 12, 2015
A very beautiful and moving film!!
February 27, 2015
Here's the thing. The plot is formulaic and predictable. It gets sickeningly sweet and sentimental. But. This is still an adorable movie nonetheless. I think the acting really elevates the slightly better than average script. Vanessa Redgrave and Terrence Stamp are wonderful, their scenes together are great. Gemma Arterton and Christopher Eccleston also are great as the choir director and the couple's son, respectively. Honestly, the movie in general is nothing to write home about, but it's great for a Netflix night in.
November 20, 2014
I liked it! :)
However, I cried a lot...
½ November 19, 2014
I simply loved this film. It's warm and joyful and a touch humorous. I'm hoping it will be one of those films that will become an all time classic :) love the songs and the storyline. We are all unfinished songs!
September 10, 2014
- Enjoyed it just as much the 2nd time, highly recommended!

- I really enjoyed this one. it is definitely over-sentimental and melodramatic, but the performances won me over. Both Stamp and Redgrave are outstanding and I really enjoyed Arterton who I think has a big career out of her. one of my faves this year, and reminded me of a fave from last year, "The Best exotic marigold hotel". Give this one a shot!