Unstoppable - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unstoppable Reviews

December 5, 2016
There are some exciting individual parts to this, but I suspect they all featured in the trailer, because what's you're left with, set pieces aside, is actually rather dull. I really wanted to like this film, as Washington and Pine are actors that I actually rate, but, I found myself having trouble caring about any of it.
November 12, 2016
It's a runaway train movie! What's not to like!?
September 13, 2016
Brilliant cinematography & editing in this film! I enjoyed it immensely!
August 29, 2016
I have my nitpicks on this film, but all in all this movie was good.
August 8, 2016
Having never been a Tony Scott fan myself, Unstoppable delivers an abundance of taut thrills and edge-of-your-seat excitement.
½ July 25, 2016
Escaping from a train wreck was the best idea of a movie to make.
nothing is ever like a good action movie with stunning action and best performances, Thumbs Up to Denzel Washington and Chris Pine.

Score: 8/10
jamrcla
July 25, 2016
Unstoppable is the kind of film that never sounds like it's going to be very exciting but after watching it you wonder why it took so long to watch it, It's gripping and action packed from start to finish, The plot is simple so it makes it easier to just enjoy the ride, Chris Pine and Denzel Washington worked very well with each other and I wouldn't mind seeing them on screen together again soon, Probably Tony Scotts best movie before his passing and long may it be remembered for that.
June 28, 2016
Loved this movie. So amazing. Loved the interaction between Chris and Denzel.
June 21, 2016
Fun movie that does not do cliches...
½ June 20, 2016
I would give this movie 4.5 out of 5 stars. It's not like a stunningly perfect movie because those who like this movie would watch it once, and then compliment its chemistry throughout. Overall, this movie was a great farewell project for Scott before he died. Even though I haven't seen any of his other movies, I enjoyed this movie a lot. When it comes to destruction, Tony Scott knows when it's necessary to use it. Cameras were a bit shaky, but that's what made it a great action movie. This is one of those few movies that I will watch over and over again and slowly examine the certain shots, and how Scott managed to execute the actions. If you want to see a movie that is nearly destructionless, and one death, this movie is the epitome of what I said.
June 15, 2016
Taught, beautifully paced "thriller" about an out-of-control train and the people who have to work together to stop it. The premise is unimaginative: a lazy idiot working for a railway causes a half-mile long train to roll out under power and without a crew. Oh, and it's loaded with toxic chemicals (is there any other kind of runaway train?) The bureaucrats and pencil pushers try a few truly ridiculous tricks to get it to stop, but eventually it comes down to a blue collar old pro (Denzel Washington) and a new white collar guy (Chris Pine), on an older, smaller train to do the impossible. And that's when things get interesting. Besides the action sequences, which are quite believable compared to what we're normally exposed to these days, what makes this movie is the teamwork that develops between Pine and Washington on the train, and Rosario Dawson as a yard master and the always enjoyable Lew Temple as a "lead welder" but who actually is the guy who knows everyone and everything that matters and keeps showing up exactly with the tidbit people need to get the job done. The plot is very carefully constructed to make all pieces fit in as believable a way as possible. And the notion of the guys (and girls) on the front lines sticking to the suits is ALWAYS enjoyable when it's done with as much class as it's done here.
No matter how good the good parts are, however, you can't get away from the basically contrived nature of the story and the inevitable success that our protagonists have.
And the worst part: this was Tony Scott's last film. He left us an excellent final gift, but it's a shame he won't be giving us any more.
April 9, 2016
It's a really good movie it's one of the best movies I've seen
March 27, 2016
There's a great suspense sense that this movie has. A good reason that many people didnt really want to see this movie is because they probably thought it was just a train and nothing else. But amazingly, the train had a great antagonist feel to it. I tdid feel like the ad guy and that it had a mind of its own. Chris Pine as Rosario Dawson put on a good performance but i felt that Denzel Washington may not have absorbed his character enough. I really didnt feel like he was actually playing his character enough. ALthough a few flaws here and ther, director Tony Scott puts on a good show that will keep audiences wathing
February 26, 2016
It was a very good film about a runaway train
December 30, 2015
$9 possibly the best Denzel vehicle is a train on rails.
December 12, 2015
Brilliant cinematography & editing in this film! I enjoyed it immensely!
½ December 8, 2015
Very entertaining and thrilling. Light and pleasant.
November 28, 2015
Not much of a story - a moving train that's got no driver is the theme... Yet the performances, screenplay and editing do a wonderful job in getting our attention and concentration.
Good watch.
½ November 1, 2015
This disaster thriller has the mark of Tony Scott: great action scenes, but weak characters.