Unstoppable - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unstoppable Reviews

½ November 15, 2017
Fun, edge of your seat, entertainment. Throughly enjoyable. Highly recommended.
November 5, 2017
although the film does have a few error's here and there the film did have what in my opinion was an excellent performance towards the viewer's.
½ October 7, 2017
A return to form for director Tony Scott, Unstoppable has just enough real-life drama to get this train from getting to its goal.
October 4, 2017
Wanna see $100M on the screen? This is it - and seemingly with a minimum of CG efx. The only scene that seems not quite real is where the locomotive tilts nearly to going over on an elevated track ... but doesn't. No models appear to have been used either. An edge of your seat actioner based on a serious but tamer real story. The key plot points do coincide with the actual event ... catching the runaway, etc. Unbelievable to see trains being used for the movies like this with an army of logistical details. Best with Surround sound.
September 30, 2017
Tried to watch it. CRAP.
½ August 21, 2017
Great camera work and photogrpahy. Other than that, just an ordinary action-hazardous situation with a runaway train. Not much here.
August 4, 2017
Tony Scott's style was perfect for this film.
July 30, 2017
I feel very conflicted about this film. On the one hand, this is a superbly made thriller, a non-stop, adrenaline pumped thrill ride with moments of genuine suspense and excitement. Tony Scott is someone who is capable of creating gripping set-pieces, and Washington and Pine, despite given not much to do, do their best to add some emotional heft to the story. On the other hand, I found Tony Scott's visual style really annoying and didn't quite work in scenes that did not involve the train. The over-saturated color palette, fast cut editing, and the use of handheld cameras made it hard for me to engage in the story, and the film is packed with moments of stupidity and insufferable, caricature-like characters who are just there to really annoy you. The script has so many other things that do not really belong in the film, and if they had stripped down the unnecessary stuff and made it about two guys trying to stop the train, I think it would've been more efficient. "Unstoppable" is great popcorn entertainment when it focuses on the train going crazy. When it tries to be something more than that, it fails spectacularly. It's a bit of a mixed bag.
½ July 5, 2017
Thrilling and riveting, but it would be more realistic if all 39 cars can be filmed
June 18, 2017
Última direção de Tony Scott falecido em 2012, drama de ação escrito por Mark Bomback e estrelado por Denzel Washington e Chris Pine. Vagamente baseado em realidade Unstoppable retrata um incidente com um trem de carga ocorrido no estado americano de Ohio em 2001. Scott anima o drama do jeito que ele sabe melhor com abundância de perseguição gratuita e cenas de acidentes, e adiciona uma vertente emocional através do histórias dos dois heróis. Como ação o filme se sai bem com sua narrativa frenética e cenas de destruições, como drama ele é meloso e apelativo, a mistura é um ótimo passatempo mas facilmente esquecível.
May 27, 2017
The best thriller I have seen!
½ March 12, 2017
An exciting, suspenseful and one-of-a-kind real life train thriller with Washington and Pine at their finest.
March 11, 2017
This is a great film with lots of tense moments. The start is slow but the longer you watch the more it builds and by the end it feels very satisfying. Worth watching and recommending!
February 22, 2017
Loved this movie. So amazing. Loved the interaction between Chris and Denzel.
January 29, 2017
I love love this movie Denzel was so amazing if you haven't seen it and a fan of it i recommend it 100% thanks
January 8, 2017
I enjoyed this more than I expected
½ January 3, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 5, 2016
There are some exciting individual parts to this, but I suspect they all featured in the trailer, because what's you're left with, set pieces aside, is actually rather dull. I really wanted to like this film, as Washington and Pine are actors that I actually rate, but, I found myself having trouble caring about any of it.
November 12, 2016
It's a runaway train movie! What's not to like!?
September 13, 2016
Brilliant cinematography & editing in this film! I enjoyed it immensely!