Valentine's Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Valentine's Day Reviews

October 20, 2016
this one looks like it's gonna be good
August 28, 2016
better than 'New year's eve'
½ August 10, 2016
Wow. So many different stories all into one. Amazing movie so wonderful. And... Damn that cast!!!
½ July 12, 2016
So brilliant! A great film. I loved Ashton Kutcher, Jennifer Garner, Eric Dane, Jessica Biel and Taylor Lautner! And the little Edison broke my heart! Ah...LOVE! So much kind of love!
Vraiment brillant! Vraiment bon film, j'ai adoré Ashton Kutcher, Jennifer Garner, Eric Dane, Jessica Biel et Taylor Lautner! Le petit Edison a briser mon coeur! Ah... L'amour! Et tellement de façons différentes.
June 9, 2016
One thing I liked about this movie is the casting of so many well-known stars. It's fun to see how all the characters relate to each other. But one thing I don't like about it is that there are too many stars. Each story is a short skit on its own. The stories were good but there wasn't enough time to develop it all...very similar to Love Actually. I liked this better than Love Actually because of the celebrities actually. But it's really annoying how everyone kept repeating "Happy Valentine's Day".

This film has its moments of humour. Taylor and Taylor is my favorite duo to look at. (LOL) And lol at Taylor's line of "feeling uncomfortable taking his shirt off in public". Oh the irony. Hathaway's character is hilarious.
½ April 29, 2016
awesome all of my favorite actors
½ March 18, 2016
even thought I don't like British people, LoveActually was a lot better. But this movie certainly wasn't bad
March 12, 2016
coudont ya tout l'UDA etats-uniens :P J'ai bien aimE...leger mais rigolo, on aime ca ! Un beau rappel que taylor swift est une chanteuse, pas une comedienne !
March 10, 2016
I have some reservations (especially after the underwhelming "He's Just Not That Into You") but maybe I'll rent it anyway.
February 28, 2016
What is the prefect Valentines Day gift? Chocolates, roses, candy, jewellery, a poem, a teddy bear, or a love heart shaped piñata and a metal baseball bat?

Frankly, when it comes to this movie, take the baseball bat and use the script as the piñata. Valentine's Day (as per the actual day itself) is a flimsy, passé and insipid American excuse of an occasion.

Bludgeoning viewers into submission, Valentines Day attempts to mimic the breezy charm and vocal intelligence of the interlaced Christmas focused classic British rom-com Love, Actually. Lacking depth or connection, the awkward tedium and glum mediocrity of Valentines Day's sticky sweet schmaltz simply can not be helped by bringing in the entire inhabitants of Hollywood.

Pretty Woman Director Garry Marshall has assembled what has to be one of the largest bevy of bankable A & B-listers in history. With over two dozen near-famous, truly famous and impossibly famous actors typecasted as distinct stereotypes for every demographic it's a wonder why four Oscar winners, two Oscar nominees, an Emmy winner, two Emmy nominees and a Grammy winner would agree to the frighteningly miniscule on-screen face time.

With the merry-go-round dizzy collage of over 15 interwoven hookups and breakups already enough to make you nauseous, the cutting back and forth between character and actor first and last names will simply do your head in. So in the simplest terms and most convenient definitions, to paraphrase (actor last name only)

LA flower-shop owner Kutcher proposes to a surprised Alba. Happy-happy joy-joy she says yes, and he spends the rest of the day spouting sappy cheese ball one-liners to his happily married assistant Lopez.

Ashton's best friend and school teacher Garner is besotted with her new lover, the otherwise married Dr Dempsey (surprise surprise, he's a doctor in this too).

Dempsey inhabits the same building as flaky cheerleader Swift, who is vapidly in-love with athlete beau Lautner.

Lautner's high school bud Jenkins intends to have first-time sex with girlfriend Roberts (Emma not Julia).

Roberts babysits 10 year old Robinson; who is infatuated with his teacher Garner, who's devoted grandparents Elizondo and MacLaine consider renewing their vows.

Stay with me, this is only the beginning.

Tough-as-nails TV executive Bates, demands her Number two sports caster Foxx to do roaming fluffy valentines interviews, but Foxx is preoccupied trying to get an illusive interview with will-he-wont-he retire questionable quarterback Dane.

Foxx contacts Dane's publicist Biel, who is busy being an emotional wreck as no-one has RSVP'd to her "I hate Valentines Day" party.

Biel liaises with bi-polar sports agent Latifa over the whole Dane controversy, whilst Latifa's temp receptionist Hathaway attempts to keep her secret as a moonlighting naughty nympho phone-sex-mistress from her not-yet-serious boyfriend Grace.

Meanwhile, up in the air, free of the interlocking episodes below, complete strangers Cooper and an off-duty soldier Roberts (yes Julia) are taking a nap and bonding over heart shaped candy.

As you can see, the sprawling interconnected narratives fragment in unexpected ways and are simply impossible to condense in a senseical way. Like a bad first date, all you can do is smile and nod.

Whilst intermittent, and hard to see through the haze of pink and predictable Kutcher fluff, there are some wonderful cameos, nice chemistry and genuinely heart-warming moments. Even a true cynic will appreciate Robert's grounding and Hathaway's comedic adeptness.

The Verdict: Although mortifying and atrocious to your everyday sensibilities; sometimes fellows, a little sugary mush can get you a long way. If you're hoping to get back into her good graces after messing up this Valentines, two tickets and a big box of maltesers would be a great start.

Published: The Queanbeyan Age
Date of Publication: 19/02/2010
February 16, 2016
Another typical romantic comedy. Wouldn't watch it twice. In a view of cast my expectations were higher, so I'm a bit disappointed.
February 15, 2016
Actually, quite a charming film. I laughed my fair share and most of the narratives work, albeit on a somewhat basic level. As far as these Public Holiday multi-strand films go, Valentine's Day sits somewhere in the middle. Not quite Love Actually but certainly more preferable to New Years Day. My question is; When are they going to make the Pancake Day movie?
½ February 13, 2016
It was on TV. Worse than I even imagined.
½ January 16, 2016
I went into this movie expecting absolutely nothing and what I came out with was a semi-entertaining movie. At times there seemed like there was way too many characters to keep track of, but their stories do get intertwined enough by the end to make it interesting.
January 8, 2016
I watched this and actually quite enjoyed it. When watching this movie you can't go in looking for groundbreaking cinema, but only a good time. While it can drag, it is quite good at entertaining.
½ January 3, 2016
Too Many Actors. Too Many Stories. Not Very Funny. Full Of Cliche Moments, Some To Be Expected. And Then What The Hell Was With Taylor Swift? She Can't Act At All!!! It All Looked Rush & Bloody Amatuer, But Chicks Will Still Go & See This Rubbish & Come Back For More..Lame.
December 20, 2015
its got all the best actors and actresses in it definitally wanna see it
November 6, 2015
Worst movie ever you people are asshole
August 29, 2015
This movie was some type of reward. I've got no interest in watching it.
August 29, 2015
Sure it may include an all-star cast of celebrities, but "Valentine's Day" is just a clichéd drag that has silly love stories that the cast can't seem to save.