Vamp Reviews

• Jan 09, 2020

Vamp isn't the best horror movie out there but it isn't nearly as bad as the reviews. Some consider it the original "From Dusk til Dawn" and if you're a fan of that film you will find Vamp to be somewhat similar. The movie is fun, it doesn't take itself seriously and the viewer shouldn't either. If you're looking for Highbrow horror this film isn't for you. If you like a laugh or two in between blood splatters then Vamp May be worth a watch.

• Oct 15, 2018

A fun vampire flick that gives you some low budget thrills mixed with some classic 80s humor.

• Oct 06, 2018

The only thing I don't like about this film is the beginning. As soon as the three friends get to the After Dark Club the fun begins. DeeDee Pfeiffer introducing herself to the group as Ameretto "not really" their waitress for the evening as various girls strip on stage nearby, however they are nothing compared to the awe inspiring Katrinas entrance and erotic dance/strip involving Andy Warhol artwork. The music for this scene has unfortunately not been made available. Sad as it is my favourite Grace Jones music. Lots of the horror is more funny than scary these days, the underground tomb filled with awakening coffins was scary enough for me. I like the green and pink lighting throughout the Albinos gang and Katrinas body paint (years later copied by Rihanna) Dean Martin's Volare at the closing credits is a great touch too.

• Oct 08, 2016

Doesn't hold up to high school memories, but still a fun-ish minor horror comedy.

• Aug 07, 2015

Horror comedy about strip club vampires. Keith Harring worked on aspects of the set which is cool. Fun movie with fun characters, especially the Asian rich kid. Nearly half the movie is lit with pink and green lights, which was a bit overwhelming after awhile.

• Jul 04, 2015

Not funny enough to be a comedy, and not scary enough to be a horror. While there have been decent blends of those genres, this movie is not one of them.

Apr 20, 2015

Classic 80s fun. A night on the town that goes totally sideways, has teens on the run from Grace Jones, Vampires and pack of albino punks. It's like After Hours, but with a horror movie twist.

• Feb 26, 2015

Forgettable. Mildly entertaining, but mostly just corny and not necessarily in the good way.

• Jun 01, 2014

This 1986 horror movie is a classic! "Dusk Till Dawn" was a remake from this movie when it comes to vampire strippers. I love my girl Grace Jones. First time that I saw her in a horror movie. She was great and very scary has head vampire. Robert Rusler is another favorite actor. He is known in "Nightmare On Elm Street" and "Weird Science"! I like Billy Drago too. His roles is always a bad guy. Only one movie that I remember him playing a good guy which was the movie Tremors 3. Good job by director Richard Wenk!

• Apr 13, 2014

80s comedy horror about two pledges who are sent to procure a stripper for their new frathouse. Unfortunately they decide to get one from the After Dark club which is populated by vampires. Hilarities ensue. No doubt an inspiration to From Dusk til Dawn, this holds a touch of independent video store nostalgia for me, but it is so dated and not so funny. Worthy of a remake, not a revisit.