Waiting for Superman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Waiting for Superman Reviews

November 11, 2016
Waiting for Superman is a gripping documentary. It is about parents send their children off to school with the highest of hopes. Charles Adams and Jonathan Alter give amazing performances. The script is good but a little in places. Davis Guggenheim did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed it because of the drama. Waiting for Superman is a must see.
½ May 4, 2016
Excellent doc on the truly pathetic state of the education system in the USA. It's actually quite sad when you really shed some light on it.
April 23, 2016
I believe in a better school system for today's youth, and this film seems to show that we need it. You don't truly know until you see it.
November 21, 2015
I am still reeling from this film; I watched it tonight. To watch the disappointment in families eyes when they lost the lottery... unforgettable. Juxtaposed with the teachers in New York receiving a paycheck in "rubber rooms"; what a crime (thank goodness the reassignment centers have been closed).
I feel a renewed interesting in pushing for better education everywhere. Working with kids from all walks of life, I never cease to be amazed at their intelligence, hope and potential. I hope we can create a better educational system in this country.
June 17, 2015
important topic. i felt for the families. felt like a propaganda film to me.
June 9, 2015
A wake up call to our broken school system, that has some how managed to become even more broken after this documentary was made.
March 20, 2015
I know it's an American problem but with how closely Canada tries to emulate America, it's only a matter of time before this begins to bleed into Canada.
March 14, 2015
Everyone needs to see this film. It is shocking and heartbreaking , the number of students in America that are great kids but no chance of making it to college because of our broken down system.2
½ December 30, 2014
This Waiting For Superman movie is sad! Yes parts are embellished n stuff but the serious is not a lie...
December 14, 2014
Enlightening film from the director of An Inconvenient Truth that documents the incredulity of America's failing public school system.
Despite decades of well intended reform, America's public school results haven't improved since the 1970s.
This documentary tackles some of the factors in this failure, from the oppression of teachers unions to government law preventing sacking bad teachers.
A few case studies are shown from children entering into 'lotteries' to gain access to better schools.
Quite upsetting and angering. It certainly presses the right buttons. Doesn't leave with a great deal of hope though.
December 12, 2014
Watched in my high school Teaching as a Profession class.
November 27, 2014
Melancholic, informative, and seamlessly crafted, no documentary I have ever seen had evoked so much attentiveness from me, nor enough emotion to actually leave a thought after the credits rolled in.
July 18, 2014
An eye-opening and frustrating documentary.
May 19, 2014
watching the documentry
½ March 19, 2014
It puts human faces upon a growing problem and I think that's what good documentaries are supposed to do.
February 4, 2014
Documentary on failures (and successes) of our U.S. school system. Best movie I've seen in 4-5 years and one that I will remember for a long time. Film proves that a good education is still possible despite poverty, uneducated parents or high crime environs... Great schools are the result of great teachers! Every Crappy Teacher Should Be Left Behind. Grade: A+
½ December 27, 2013
Waiting for Superman while it does of achieve its goal of sparking conversation, it is a flawed film. Many of the ideas presented are never fully developed and the multifaceted issues within the education system are glossed over or ignored. The existence of 'dropout factories' and the United States education lag is due to many more factors than what is presented in the film.
December 8, 2013
It's missing a couple important details, but what is here is still significant. Also, the direction is really good so that's a plus
½ November 28, 2013
open minded and good knowledge movie about dilapidated situation of US education. this movie reveal all expalanation why that is happen, what the effect and the real figure who feel the effects from that situation. the real figure is 4 children who do not have chance to study in great school for their education because the dilapidated system government made. it reveal that nothing wrong with the school but the regulation and system is problems. very good,deep and sad movie. although this is a documentary movie you won`t feel bore because the interesting idea and everything good we can take in this movie. and what relation between the named titled "Waiting for Superman" and the topic this movie brought? as we know the superman job is to save good people and bring justice and piece in this world, same with this situation. every children need that figure to solve this education problem so every children can get the best education and to get something they deserved. "this problem is posibble to resolved but the children can`t wait too long." by Davis Guggenheim
November 2, 2013
This film is very great. It really makes you think so much differently about the educational system.