Wedding Crashers Reviews

• Sep 08, 2019

Funniest movie ever period!

Funniest movie ever period!

• Aug 14, 2019

It's better than Anchorman but not as good as The Hangover.

It's better than Anchorman but not as good as The Hangover.

• Mar 25, 2019

Ok mediocre movie starring Vince Vaughn and Owen wow Wilson. The first 30 to 40 minutes of this movies are pure gold when they actually crash wedding after wedding but after that when they are at the big wedding then the movie slows down a lot and just ruins the movie for me. I'll remember the beginning for maybe a long period of time but besides that, the rest of the movie was pretty forgettable.

• Nov 30, 2018

Complete waste of time. Period.

Complete waste of time. Period.

• Aug 15, 2018

This movie does follow a number of really annoying cliches but Wedding Crashers is an enjoyable comedy due to its funny concept and a number of funny payoffs.

• Jul 11, 2018

Wedding Crashers is a good film. Although it is labeled as a comedy I'd consider it more drama than comedy. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn partner as wedding crashers to sleep with the bridesmaids. One such detour results in one of them falling for a girl and another in a casual dalliance with her sister. Nice to see Bradley Cooper in a negative shade though this was before he was really a star. Christopher Walken is sublime and overall this is a good film.

• Jun 13, 2018

Strengths: Often, the most important thing about a comedy is to be funny. Wedding Crashers succeeds there, with several moments that are either flat out hilarious or subtlety classic lines. Owen Wilson (John Beckwith) is the lead and probably gives the best performance of his career. His banter with Vince Vaughn (Jeremy Grey) has never been better and he handles the growth of the character very well. His chemistry with Rachel McAdams (Claire Cleary) is fantastic. This is also one of my favorite McAdams performances, as she looks like shs'e just having a blast. Isla Fisher (Gloria Cleary) broke out with this film thanks to how hilariously she played the crazed girl. It led to a handful of funny scenes with Vaughn. The smaller characters all delivered the goods as well. Bradley Cooper (Sack Lodge) worked well as the violent douche, Christopher Walken (William Cleary) was his usual great self, Jane Seymour (Katheleen Cleary) played the cougar to perfection, and Keir O'Donnell (Todd Cleary) had some great moments as the hyper-sensitive gay son of the family. All this without mentioning the over the top grandma (Ellen Albertini Dow) or the hilarious cameo by Will Ferrell (Chazz Reinhold). The script is solid, the characters grow over time and it features some very funny moments. Weaknesses: Near the end, the movie can feel like it drags on a bit. While the introduction of Chaz is funny, it adds an extra few minutes to the movie that feel somewhat unnecessary. The way that John notices his big revelation at the funeral comes across as phony and kind of forced. If you've seen movies involving Wilson and Vaughn before, then a lot of things will feel all too familiar. Several beats seem redone and a lot of the jokes are nothing new. Overall: I'd say this is one of my favorite romantic comedies of the 2000s. Lots of funny moments, good chemistry between the romantic leads, a hilarious cameo, and it helped launch the careers of people like Cooper and Fisher.

• Feb 27, 2018

I laughed but this one's got some problems.

I laughed but this one's got some problems.

• Feb 23, 2018

I had to put in the work to get through this. I laughed once and now I can't even remember what it was I laughed at. Maybe it was the terrible wig Rachel McAdams' was sporting. Owen Wilson plays the same character he always plays. He simply has no range. I can't think of anything positive to say about this thing. (I don't want to call it a 'movie'. That would be too kind, and Wedding Crashers deserves no kindness.)

• Feb 12, 2018

Right up there with Anchorman and Airplane as a top-tier comedy.

Right up there with Anchorman and Airplane as a top-tier comedy.