Welcome to Me Reviews

• Dec 13, 2020

This is a very slow yet captivating movie. I really love Kristen Wiig and I feel like this movie showcased her talents for awkward physical and emotional comedy so well. I have met people like the character she’s portraying and she pulls off all the little quirks and minor details expertly. James Marsden and the kid from American Beauty are great in it, too!

• May 24, 2020

Great cast, but, I just didn't enjoy this one as was too bizarre and off the wall for me, seemed like the story-line was how to be selfish and weird with lots of money.

• May 11, 2020

Alice Klieg (Kristen Wiig), a mentally ill single woman living on disability benefits, and fan of Oprah Winfrey, wins the California Stack Sweepstakes lottery jackpot of $86 million. She appears on the local TV news celebrating her win, but is upset when the speech she had prepared is abruptly cut off after she mentions using masturbation as a sedative. She discontinues her medication, against the advice of her psychiatrist, Daryl Moffat (Tim Robbins), and moves into a casino hotel with her best friend Gina Selway (Linda Cardellini). During a vitamin supplement infomercial presented by Gabe Ruskin (Wes Bentley), Alice, who is in the studio audience, responds to his request for a volunteer, hijacks the broadcast and recites her speech once again (though is again cut off by the director). Gabe's brother Rich (James Marsden), the co-owner and manager of the studio, introduces himself and arranges a meeting to discuss Alice's idea for a TV show, at which Alice writes a check for $15 million to pay for 100 live-broadcast two-hour episodes of a 'vanity' show about herself entitled Welcome to Me... Rotten Tomatoes critical consensus reads, "A transfixing central performance by Kristen Wiig holds Welcome to Me together and compensates for its uneven stretches." In his New York Times review, A.O. Scott writes that "By turns touching, amusing and genuinely disturbing, "Welcome To Me" defies expectations and easy categorization, forgoing obvious laughs and cheap emotional payoffs in favor of something much odder and more interesting." I do like Kristen Wiig, but this unsympathetic and mentally unstable character she is playing here, was just making me gawking as the people in the film does due to her selfish antics and rude behaviour. Yes, I agree it´s a clear message about the mental illness we have in our society and how badly these people feel, but due to the storyline I think that gets lost a bit. "Welcome To Me" is pointing at "The King of Comedy", but yet not reaching those heights and it made me feel a big distance to Alice Klieg as everything became odder and more disturbing during the running time. I simply had issues with Alice and Wiig´s performance.

• Feb 28, 2020

It was okay. A good premise but felt a little false even though it didn't want to be.

• Feb 26, 2020

A hilarious but also chilling portrait, and easily Kristen Wiig's best performance.

• Nov 28, 2019

Masterpiece. If you didn't like it it's because it's not for you, or you just didn't get it.

• Nov 04, 2019

Plot is uneven, but the film is okay. Kristen Wiig is good

Plot is uneven, but the film is okay. Kristen Wiig is good

• Nov 04, 2018

"Welcome To Me" é um dos filmes mais incomuns de sempre, porém, este drama/comédia traz consigo uma premissa única e um humor bizarro. A atuação de Kristen Wiig é fantástica.

• Sep 26, 2018

The movie was ok, but failed to show borderline traits. It was more narcissistic and/or histrionic personality disorder, and not borderline. This is false information into a world already fumbling with the idea of mental illness.

• Jul 30, 2018

Kirsten Wiig who is also credited as Executive Producer stars as Alice Kreig, who is bi polar who obsessively watches Oprah Winfrey by chance wins the lottery of 86 million dollars. And after watching a less desired program from a struggling infomercial show, Alicia takes it over renaming it "Welcome To Me".