Welcome to the Punch Reviews

• Apr 18, 2018

One of the worst films I have ever seen. the first time I watched it I fell asleep - I had to watchi it again which was borderline torture. The cast and in Particular mcavoy and strong look almost embarrassed to be in it. What a shame that so fine a cast are left to struglle with the pitiful excuse of a script.

• Jan 30, 2018

It's a good movie, not sure what the negative reviews are about

It's a good movie, not sure what the negative reviews are about

• Dec 30, 2017

James McAvoy and Mark Strong both steal the show in this heavily action-packed police drama, but unfortunately, Welcome to the Punch is neither innovative nor flawless inside its genre to become as memorable as other flicks, and while the performances and the pace helps making this a decently enjoyable-independent action film, its conventionalism and standard feeling stops it from go beyond what writer and director Eran Creevy could've deliver.

• Jul 04, 2017

So much wasted potential.

So much wasted potential.

• Feb 12, 2017

Interesting and a bit confusing but good cop Max (McAvoy) brings it all together in the end.

• Dec 26, 2016

Former criminal Jacob Sternwood is forced to return to London from his Icelandic hideaway when his son is involved in a heist gone wrong. This gives detective Max Lewinsky one last chance to catch the man he has always been after. As they face off, they start to uncover a deeper conspiracy they both need to solve in order to survive.

• Jul 31, 2016

Decent Gangster / Revenge Picture....

Decent Gangster / Revenge Picture....

• Jun 25, 2016

A story you'd expect to see in TV format. Phone-in performances and very very light on exposition.

• May 31, 2016

Hardly memorable. McAvoy is a mediocre detective and the plot is so dull. Expected way better.

• May 08, 2016

This is one of those movies that has a ginormous potential to be so much better but leaves it to petty characters and storyline. It goes way to far with the "suspension of disbelief" terminology. Somehow people who are trained to use a gun can't shoot someone who is 5 feet in front of them. I can't get over how terrible the story really is and the rest of it. What I am saying about it is virtually an overstatement.