Wicker Park - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wicker Park Reviews

October 21, 2016
I like the leads, but the story is too far-fetched and sappy for my tastes.
September 18, 2016
The love story at the center of this film is earnest and convincing. In the end, Wicker Park delivers on its promise despite stumbling a bit along the way.
½ May 20, 2016
Remake du film L'Appartement (1996)
April 4, 2016
The surplus number of flashbacks is the last thing this movie needed, right next to it's lack of plot.
March 24, 2016
Scientist!!! <------ that song was the best part of the movie, was magical!!!!!!
½ March 23, 2016
Dire Drivel. It's so bad, I kept asking myself there must be a huge twist coming up Nope, it really was that dire. What a waste of John Hartnett.
March 7, 2016
I agree with the critics consensus. It was until almost the end that the storyline started to make any sense. The constant flashbacks added nothing but confusion. Filming it must have been atrocious and needlessly difficult.

Now to get to a further difficulty. Why must facebook be used as a log in. If I wanted to post on facebook, I'd do that. I probably won't be back to rotten tomatoes, because it's a rotten tomato for expecting commentators to only use facebook.
February 14, 2016
Demasiado mala. La original es una obra de arte. Acá las actuaciones son demasiado unidimensionales y planas... súmele que el final es hollywoodesco. Una prueba de como hacer un pésimo remake.
January 24, 2016
Liked twist and turns.
½ December 7, 2015
Saw this on 7/12/15
Those who expect a psychological mystery set in the backdrop of a romance will be most definitely disappointed as it's a romantic film with a non-linear narrative. I can't believe how dumb these critics complaining that this is convoluted, even a teenage kid can easily follow this. There are not many coincidences, but one or two may seem over the top. What makes Wicker Park is the emotional involvement of it's actors especially Josh Hartnett and Rose Byrne with both giving performances of intensity superior than what the film actually deserves. Wicker Park may feel to be on the down slope at times, but director Paul McGuigan manages to keep it afloat by it's non-linear narrative.
October 28, 2015
Wicker Park isn't trying to be a perfect film on the level of plot. Yes there are many holes, and yes the entire scenario could be resolved with a simple phone call on the part of its characters. But thematically, the film invites contemplation into important aspects of life: perspective, memory, obsession, love, and illusion. The how and to extent which people perceive and remember the world is fascinating, because it is always different. The extent to which our lives are dictated by coincidence and luck is disconcerting when we like to believe control is our ally. Perspective and memory shape the film as well as the character's lives: perspectives ricochet off one another and land in disparate parts of the world, while memory manifests non-linearly and often only in fleeting images, all of which the film beautifully captures.

The ubiquity of cameras and transparent surfaces (and materials) invites skepticism into the idea of reality. Mediated through all of these elements, as well as fantasy, the film denies tangibility and permanence, and points to the impermanence and intangibility of life and love. Nothing is what it seems. Everything is a projection, like an image onto a screen, like a fantasy onto a person. For all of these reasons, I return to Wicker Park yearly. I absolutely love it. (and so would Baudrillard I think:)
October 15, 2015
There is so many coincidences in this movie but as long as you pay attention to 'Wicker Park,' you'll understand it. This movie kept me interested throughout its run time because I wanted to know what was going to happen. At points it seemed confusing but in the end it all makes sense. 'Wicker Park' is a decent suspenseful drama that could be worth your time only if you're willing to be 100% attentive to all of it's twists and turns.
August 11, 2015
A story of obsessive love at first sight. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Fun Watch.
½ August 6, 2015
Hartnett is asked to do a lot here but he didn't write the script and that is the #1 thing wrong with this movie.
July 26, 2015
It may contain some plausible performances from Hartnett and Byrne, but the film's unbelievably coincidental occurrences and complexly written script that's hard to follow leave it's viewers lost, rather than satisfied.
½ May 8, 2015
Original is the best
April 19, 2015
I am never a fan of Josh Harett and Diane Kruger but Wicker Park has redeemed itself with very good music and a good storytelling!!
½ April 8, 2015
I was a little confused for part of the movie, but once I got into it I thought it was actually a pretty good movie that kept you thinking.
½ March 9, 2015
Great movie.. Has to be top 3 romantic movies that I've seen.