Wilby Wonderful - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wilby Wonderful Reviews

June 24, 2014
Some of the plots were good some boring. a fine Ellen page performance
January 12, 2014
Nice movie with touching love story among the many interesting characters. Early Ellen Page a plus.
September 1, 2013
A excellent independent film with a few big name stars. Excellent mix of drama, comedy, and mystery.
April 25, 2013
very strange and boring movie
January 13, 2013
Reminds me of the TV series "Northern Exposure" with its highlighting of small town life and characters. Also, the main character as a foreign import to the town is similar. I watch it often for the comedic touches and feel good ending.
November 25, 2012
I felt the movie was brilliant. The movie's pace matches the atmosphere of a small isolated town. The struggles of the characters are very real and accurate, if not a crowd pleaser. It's a rather deep, but not noisy film.
November 15, 2012
I really enjoyed this film. It was quirky, the characters were engaging, and had a satisfying ending.
September 2, 2012
A new favorite movie for my list. soulful and tender. A Canadian film at it's best.
June 6, 2012
There's not much better than unexpectedly running across a quiet, quirky film that tells a great story.
March 8, 2012
Interesting movie, with more Canadian actors/actresses that I had no idea were actually Canadian to begin with, that must be part of my American programming, to just figure that any good new musician or actor must be American, to usually find out they are actually aren't, which is probably why they have talent. Anyways, this one is about a small Nova Scotia town, some bored and lonely people who find ways to create drama in their lives and relationships despite the quaintness of their rural lifestyles. Kind of slow, but worth watching once.
December 18, 2011
A little slower than perhaps intended, but a well-rounded cast makes up for that in this light-hearted dark comedy that's a slice of life in small town Nova Scotia, where a rash of unsuccessful attempts at suicide brings a quiet, ill-spoken of resident into the local spotlight, with touching discoveries and results.
October 31, 2011
Beautiful little postcard of a movie.
½ October 17, 2011
A film that tries to cram so many ideas into its brief running time but somehow ends up being slow and largely un-interesting. SOme good performances here but too underplayed and not attaining the dizzying hights of films like Magnolia and Short Cuts!
½ July 12, 2011
It was surprisingly funny.
June 4, 2011
A little too slow and scattered it still has good acting making for a nice piece on life in a small town.
½ April 25, 2011
to me, had no idea where the movie was going till the end when everything makes sense and comes together for everyone. An alright movie but not sure if I want to watch it again.
April 3, 2011
A surprisingly fresh and well acted movie with an almost uncanny atmosphere of both love and hate. The story in itself is not great, but the surroundings are, like a soap opera worth watching. If not for anything else, Ellen Page is certain to keep you watching.
½ January 5, 2011
Way too slow,and way too preachy for so little said. The movie was not very focused with several unrelated plots distracting from any real meaning for this well intentioned movie.
½ December 26, 2010
Just nothing happens. there is a few funny moments but the movie tells you nothing until the end... if you can make it that far... thanks Prab and Netflix. You win again.