The Wild - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wild Reviews

September 18, 2017
Who put that bar there? ????
½ August 3, 2017
An funny and entertaining movie, with a story concept that could be far better explored. Just an OK animated movie.
|It's a 7,0 out of 10|
½ July 17, 2017
Reminds me of that Dreamworks film...
June 6, 2017
I think there are some good, kind of inventive and funny moments, but it is also kind of annoying with not a lot of character depth, and a really rehashed plot.
June 1, 2017
If this movie was anymore of a Madagascar rip-off it might've actually captured some heart and an iota of storytelling.
April 23, 2017
I'll be honest, I enjoyed this movie way more than how Madagascar was originally an embarrassing thing. I laughed way more in here, I saw more Animation that can stand out, but my only issues here include some Annoying/Unnecessary Cartoony sounds and 2 boring sequences. Samson may have been separated with his dad as a cub, but for delivery he earned 3 Wildebeests out of 5.
March 26, 2017
It's one of my most watched guilty-pleasure movie ever, however all the issues are in plain sight. It's predictable, bland, the animation is not memorable and it has some cringe moments. Only Kiefer Sutherland and the good music choices save this movie.
February 27, 2017
This movie is really bad
½ February 21, 2017
So you have the plot of Finding Nemo with a concept of Madagascar ,with some elements from The Lion King, put all that together and you get The Wild which may be remembered as the worst Disney film existed.
January 12, 2017
A Disney rip off of Madagascar!
November 9, 2016
Best film I ever saw, Madagascar who?
½ October 26, 2016
This is just a ripoff of Madagascar, which was an okay movie!
October 18, 2016
One of Disney's worst
October 16, 2016
Good animal animated movie that's just a rip off of Madagascar but I actually didn't like the first Madagascar movie. It's the same plot that the lion wants to go to the wild but this time it's a little more exploring in New York city but with better animation that looks more realistic. Disney could have chosen a different city of where the zoo but I do like the journey of to get the lions kid back. This movie didn't have to happen but Disney of course wanted something to compete with Madagascar.
September 9, 2016
I loved this movie when I was a kid...okay, younger, but either way I loved it. I'm a slightly older kid now, so I can see some of the flaws more. It's a bit too similar to Madagascar, but it's still fun and entertaining :)
½ August 11, 2016
The Wild is okay, I just hated that Koala, too creepy.
July 27, 2016
Oh Disney now you ripping of things that weren't even good to begin with( Madagascar got a lot better over time but I don't like the first one).
½ June 27, 2016
The Wild is a pretty decent movie. A movie about a lion who loses his son and brings some friends along to help find him is a pretty good plot. I would suggest this movie.
May 10, 2016
An ugly, misguided, and poorly written mess
½ April 17, 2016
This is quite possibly one of the worst films I have ever had the displeasure of seeing, I don't know what made me want to see this, but everyone was saying how terrible it was so I had to see what the fuss was about. And I should have just stayed at home, this wasn't even remotely fun, or funny. The character are awful with no interest or morals. The animation is atrocious, and looks like a five year old did it, I actually a five year old could do better. I mean, my gosh talk about getting all the joy sucked out of me in the very intent the movie comes on. I'm serious avoid this at all costs, unless you want to see what the fuss is about, then go ahead, but I will warn you, this is a 20 dollar bill you will never get back. After this I will say I'm glad I own How to Train Your Dragon, because after watching this piece of horse manure I needed to get my faith back into animation. I needed something to get my mind off this terrible excuse of a movie. Lets hope this is the last time we get an animated film this bad well at least in a long time. And the last thing, should kids see this? No. Not that its bad with inappropriate innuendos or jokes, its just kids will get bored with this. The kids in my theater were running up and down the aisle and a family sitting next to me left the theater. So if the film's target audience is in disarray, then imagine how you will feel, and how I felt watching this awful, disgusting, mess of a film. The animation is unimpressive, story sucks and its not original, there is no memorable scenes or lines, and makes Madagascar, Ice Age and Anastasia look like they never existed. THIS MOVIE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE WHOLE WORLD!!!! Oh, and those rodent characters that try to be the minions, I have one thing to say. Screw you!!!! Now to grade. Animation: F- Characters: F Story: D+ For Kids: No Music: C- Voice Acting: F Overall: F-. So yeah. It really is a ripoff of Madagascar, Finding Nemo, Ice Age, Anastasia and The Lion King!! That's why is sucks GARBAGE!!!!