The Wild - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Wild Reviews

October 18, 2016
One of Disney's worst
October 16, 2016
Good animal animated movie that's just a rip off of Madagascar but I actually didn't like the first Madagascar movie. It's the same plot that the lion wants to go to the wild but this time it's a little more exploring in New York city but with better animation that looks more realistic. Disney could have chosen a different city of where the zoo but I do like the journey of to get the lions kid back. This movie didn't have to happen but Disney of course wanted something to compete with Madagascar.
½ October 8, 2016
A terrible rip off of Madagascar
September 9, 2016
I loved this movie when I was a kid...okay, younger, but either way I loved it. I'm a slightly older kid now, so I can see some of the flaws more. It's a bit too similar to Madagascar, but it's still fun and entertaining :)
½ August 11, 2016
The Wild is okay, I just hated that Koala, too creepy.
July 27, 2016
Oh Disney now you ripping of things that weren't even good to begin with( Madagascar got a lot better over time but I don't like the first one).
½ June 27, 2016
The Wild is a pretty decent movie. A movie about a lion who loses his son and brings some friends along to help find him is a pretty good plot. I would suggest this movie.
May 10, 2016
An ugly, misguided, and poorly written mess
½ April 17, 2016
This is quite possibly one of the worst films I have ever had the displeasure of seeing, I don't know what made me want to see this, but everyone was saying how terrible it was so I had to see what the fuss was about. And I should have just stayed at home, this wasn't even remotely fun, or funny. The character are awful with no interest or morals. The animation is atrocious, and looks like a five year old did it, I actually a five year old could do better. I mean, my gosh talk about getting all the joy sucked out of me in the very intent the movie comes on. I'm serious avoid this at all costs, unless you want to see what the fuss is about, then go ahead, but I will warn you, this is a 20 dollar bill you will never get back. After this I will say I'm glad I own How to Train Your Dragon, because after watching this piece of horse manure I needed to get my faith back into animation. I needed something to get my mind off this terrible excuse of a movie. Lets hope this is the last time we get an animated film this bad well at least in a long time. And the last thing, should kids see this? No. Not that its bad with inappropriate innuendos or jokes, its just kids will get bored with this. The kids in my theater were running up and down the aisle and a family sitting next to me left the theater. So if the film's target audience is in disarray, then imagine how you will feel, and how I felt watching this awful, disgusting, mess of a film. The animation is unimpressive, story sucks and its not original, there is no memorable scenes or lines, and makes Madagascar, Ice Age and Anastasia look like they never existed. THIS MOVIE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM THE WHOLE WORLD!!!! Oh, and those rodent characters that try to be the minions, I have one thing to say. Screw you!!!! Now to grade. Animation: F- Characters: F Story: D+ For Kids: No Music: C- Voice Acting: F Overall: F-. So yeah. It really is a ripoff of Madagascar, Finding Nemo, Ice Age, Anastasia and The Lion King!! That's why is sucks GARBAGE!!!!
½ April 13, 2016
Honestly the movie falls short as a children's movie because the pacing is a little too slow for them. Other than that its not a bad movie and honestly people who call this a cheap Madagascar rip off didn't even watch it. Madagascar didn't even bother to render fur and the animation is supper clunky. The first time I watched it, I tough it was a joke. Shrek had better animation and its 4 years older. But I can go all day talking about how I hated Madagascar's unfocused plot... lets talk about the wild.

This movie clearly had more work put into it and the story is a lot different. Sure the first minutes are very alike but the plot and setting is completely different after that. For starters, this movie is set in NewYork and is the story of a father trying to rescue his son from being accidentally sent to Africa. I honestly felt like the snake character wasn't very necessary and there was a little too much racism going on with the bird characters? Fortunately they don't have much screen-time. Eh, its worth a watch, its better than most children movies for sure.
April 3, 2016
you've seen this before, and done better.
½ March 31, 2016
If you saw the previews, and thought this movie would be an inferior ripoff of Madagascar, Finding Nemo AND Ice Age, well, you would be right. The plot is terrible, the movie is not funny, and it's all been done before. Worse, much of it doesn't make sense. A tugboat that can cross the ocean? Chameleons that can make things invisible? Even my sister thought that was dumb. Matter of fact, they were bored senseless withing 10 minutes. My wife fell asleep. My youngest started wandering the aisle (not disturbing anyone. Hardly anyone was there). Usually when we leave the theater, they talk about the movie, want to get the toys and DVD (when it comes out). Guess what? Not a peep out of them. It's as if the movie didn't exist. So don't watch it. It's jank. No one cares about The Wild. If you wanna better film, watch Anastasia, Ice Age, Shrek, Titan A.E. or any other good movie out there better than this horrible movie. And now let's grade the film. Animation: F- Characters: F Story: F+ For Kids: No freaking way. Nuh-uh. NO! Music: F Voice Acting: F Overall: F-. So yeah. It sucks dick.
½ March 21, 2016
Nadie sabe realmente quién se copió de quién... más allá de la polémica: esta me parece mejor
½ March 5, 2016
.........I just don't know what to say to all this............w-what is life?
½ February 23, 2016
Jamas crei encontrar una pelicula animada que fuera a detestar, aqui la tienen,
January 10, 2016
Fun animated Disney adventure
December 27, 2015
I had forgotten that this movie even existed. Nobody talks about it. And for good reason - it's awful! The characters are all annoying and there is nothing really new about the plot. The only audience that would possibly enjoy this movie are kids under 8 years old.
½ December 23, 2015
I just saw this film for the first time in years, and honestly I don't think it really deserves a 20% I mean, it's a bad film, no argument there, but if I were to rate out of 100%, I'd give it about a 40% The one thing I really hate about this film is the story, especially the plot point with Ryan wanting to roar like his dad. Ryan, you can't roar like Sampson because you're not an adult yet, suck it up! On top of that, the story is just so cliche. The animation isn't really that great either. Madagascar looked much better. Speaking of which, this movie obviously kind of, if not completely resembles Madagascar. Lots of the jokes in this movie don't really work. There's a particular one where the villain calls Ryan "Tigger". He's a lion, not a tiger. The drama between Sampson and Ryan seems really forced at times. Sampson also gets on my nerves with his cowardice. You're a goddam lion! Sure, you're not from the wild, and yeah it's great that he loves his son and wants to save him, but he never even tries to take action. As for good elements, there are a few jokes that work, and as cliched as the story is, the villains and their backstory is actually pretty funny. I also like the characters and the way they work off each other. That's really all I can say about it. The Wild isn't a good film, but it's not a bad one to check out a least once.
½ November 6, 2015
I don't remember most of this movie. Probably because every time I try to watch it on TV, I fall asleep, no matter what time I watch it.
½ October 25, 2015
Disney tries their hands at a Madagascar type animated movie with this entry.
A lion cub wants to experience the Wild so he escapes so his dad and some friends go to rescue him.
It turns out that dad never really did any of the fantastic things he told his son but together they find their voice and courage in the wild.
Good voice acting and an alright animated movie.