Win Win - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Win Win Reviews

June 26, 2016
was ok, not really a win win
½ June 21, 2016
A different kind of sports movie that is well-acted.
½ May 14, 2016
From the writer and director of this year's Oscar-winning SPOTLIGHT. It is a gentle and understated comedy about a regular family man and a teenage wrestler, strapped for cash and dreams, finding redemption and hope in their coach-and-student relationship.
April 14, 2016
Phenomenal in every sense of the word. Tom McCarthy's Win Win is probably the most human film to ever grace the screen. Rich in dialogue, acting, and heart throughout. This film is laugh out loud funny one minute, and the next it has you sobbing. Paul Giamatti is the perfect leading man, as usual, and provides us with one of his best roles to date.
½ April 4, 2016
the soundtrack of this movie so pretty!
March 30, 2016
Absolutely fabulous film. Warm, authentic and genuinely funny and touching without being maudlin. The cast is terrific and it doesn't fall into a lot of the typical sentimental tropes.
March 14, 2016
The leads are great. The rest is just OK.
½ March 5, 2016
Great story and acting. Paul G. was great. The mixing of good people making questionable moral decisions felt realistic.
½ February 29, 2016
Paul Giamati doesn't disappoint as usual.
½ February 26, 2016
Just caught this film on HBO. How did I miss this the first time around! What a great little film. A great cast that draws you in from start to finish. Paul Giamatti may not always grab the headlines but he is truly one of the best actors around these days.
January 29, 2016
Win Win is a dramedy film, directed and written by Thomas McCarthy, and stars Paul Giamatti as a wrestler coach and lawyer who takes his client as his guardian who takes him to a senior care, and the cilent's grandson comes to them for his grandpa as he wants to take care of him, and so he stays at Giamatti's house in order to be able to go to his grandpa since he doesn't have a place to live in. I didn't look at the trailers, only the poster which I thought was going to be a wrestler movie, and even though there are wrestling scenes in it, the film settles more on the fact that it's a character driven film which was surprising to me. Every character in the film are not the two goody shoes, they aren't perfect and they make mistakes, which makes them more human like. The stuff that they think of are very relatable, and the things they say are something that I would say because that's what I'll think too. Even if what Paul Giamatti's character is doing was wrong, you understand what he's going through as he very desperate to get through his financial problems, and he's not a terrible person outside from his guardian side, he's a nice guy that doesn't think heavily of himself, but of others. Paul Giamatti is amazing in it, and so are the rest of the cast, especially newcomer Alex Shaffer. The wrestler scenes are exciting to watch, and it's really funny too, especially Bobby Cannavale's character. The story is really good and unpredictable, and it resulted in a fantastic film that I will see more of the films that Thomas McCarthy has directed and written, whether it's his past films, or his up to date film Spotlight.
January 22, 2016
The wife enjoyed it more than I did.
½ January 19, 2016
Great little indie flick chock full of likable characters, especially Alex Shaffer as Kyle. Genuine without the cheese. A total winner (pun intended)
½ January 3, 2016
Would have liked to see a couple more stone cold stunners. It'll pull at the heart strings.
December 25, 2015
Ok, I've now seen all of this director's movies and if he can make stuff as good as this, "That Station Agent", "The Visitor" "Spotlight" and co-write "Up" than I'm convinced more than ever that "The Cobbler" was either a simple fluke or Adam Sandler is completely to blame. ...ok I gotta stop obsessing over "The Cobbler".
December 20, 2015
Nice movie with a good script told with a lot of delicacy. The cast performs well with a Paul Giamatti performing as Paul Giamatti and a great Amy Ryan.
November 6, 2015
Wasnt bad, interesting, but slow asf
½ November 4, 2015
Win Win is a beautiful and heartwarming little film that boasts excellent performances, honest humanity and a great story. Giamatti is at his best, alongside a solid and believable cast. The little moments and touches make the movie feel real and genuine. It manages to be both melodramatic and richly entertaining at the same time. It's a win win for everyone.
November 2, 2015
The plot of "Win Wim" has a very detailed critique. The characters are developed, and it is easy to follow.