Woman on Top Reviews

• Jul 12, 2020

I personally love the movie!!!

I personally love the movie!!!

• Sep 24, 2018

The term 'magical realism' is usually an oxymoron. Here? Just a moron.

The term 'magical realism' is usually an oxymoron. Here? Just a moron.

• Nov 12, 2014

• Nov 03, 2014

You folks have no taste. This movie is fantastic. "It's too silly to be believable" is hilarious. It's magic, it's not supposed to be believable. Is Harry Potter hard to believe too? Sensual and smart.

• Jan 14, 2014

Penelope Cruz has enough charisma & beauty to be in any kind of movie , she'll still be awesome. Once again the magic works here with this very nice little romantic comedy. Greatly done, well written, nicely shot & perfectly acted by the sexy Latina, this film will make you laugh, care & want to eat life full bites.

• Aug 25, 2013

Penelope Cruz, one of the world's sexiest ladies, stars in this romantic comedy. The story is nothing special, typical of the genre with its predictability and inane subplots. Cruz, however, smolders throughout with innocence, sweetness and sexuality all cocooned in her beauty and subtle line delivery. She is the only reason this movie gets a passing grade.

• Jun 06, 2013

I liked this movie for so many reasons, but the only thing I didn't like was the ending! I can't believe it and I don't want to say too much detail, in case you want to see it, but the ending could have been better! A woman should value herself, everything else was good. I laughed a lot :-)

• May 21, 2013

A certain degree of suspension of disbelief is necessary for one to enjoy this film. Once you're able to do that, it is quite an enjoyable watch. Plus you have a fairly sexy cast and good music to help sustain your interest through the whole film.

• Jim H Super Reviewer
    Apr 20, 2013

A cook moves from Brazil to San Francisco after she catches her husband cheating. Motifs of sex, food, and voodoo comprise the plots of this light-hearted fairy tale. Penelope Cruz plays a woman who is so prone to motion sickness that she can only enjoy sex if she is on top, which drives her husband into the arms of another woman. The only way such a plot is remotely believable is if one suspends all disbelief. My brain is capable of such deceptive gymnastics. Instead, I found the film's light-hearted whimsy annoying and worthy of more than one eyeroll. Cruz is sexy and fun, but into the second act, I felt that she had ceased to care as much as I. Overall, unless foolish farce is your thing, stay the hell away from this film.

• Mar 20, 2013

eszt lehetetlen meg talalni ..

eszt lehetetlen meg talalni ..