Wu xia (Dragon) Reviews

• Jul 25, 2017

It's a really interesting movie. I couldn't breathe during the forest scene. I've never been so scared of Donnie Yen. That intensity was insane. So my problem with this movie is how the detective is just suddenly ok with Donnie Yen's character at the end. I still don't understand why he would help him.

• Jun 19, 2017

Great movie! I can't believe I didn't hear about it till now. An awesome mix of fight scenes sprinkled with old school film noir sensibilities. I really enjoyed it. Good concept, good execution.

• Jun 09, 2017

Good acion sequences and a nice story. This is a kung fu film that almost anyone can watch as it's not that ridiculous. Good quality acting, good script and a decent sense of grittyness that many in the genre lack -i.e not eveyone is a beautiful, elegant personality. The detective character was a little odd, a good inclusion but cant help but feel that someone must have seen Sherlock Holmes and thought "yes lets put that in". Liu was too one-dimensional for the rest of the film, We see the villains change and the Doctor even change his heart however the same can't be said for the protagonist. I couldn't feel for a stone-faced babyface.

• Mar 04, 2016

Visually impressive, the story demands a lot more attention that you can give it.

• Feb 29, 2016

The movie starts with so much promise with the investigation and pseudo-science (9 of 10) but then spirals into a mess of a back story and oh so convenient ending (5 of 10).

• Anthony V Super Reviewer
    Jan 03, 2016

Interesting mix of Kung-Fu and mystery genres keeps you guessing and explodes into a great finale.

• Oct 06, 2015

It's over the top and silly, yet the two leads still find a way to make it worthwhile through the bizarreness of their character and their very different, but equally entertaining skill sets.

• Aug 13, 2015

Glad to see the audience and critics rate this as positively as they did. Kudos to the writing and directing in executing a well paced and complete film despite its relatively short run time.

• Jul 16, 2015

A wonderful and beautiful looking film. With stunning choreography in some of the most elegant fight and non-fight sequences I have seen in a long time. Measured performances from Yen and Kaneshiro in a cat and mouse game. Playing like an oriental History of Violence and equally as violent when it needs to be though often not for the sake of it.

• Jul 11, 2015

Entertaining through and through . A good story line with some good action sequences keeps you well engrossed.