You've Got Mail Reviews

• Jul 12, 2019

I loved it! A joyful journey into a place where dreams really can come true, even when the odds cry never. The pacing is perfect and so satisfying😊.

• Jan 16, 2019

This is a great rom-com, much better than most of the films coming out of this genre today. And the cast is headlined by Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks who are an incredibly popular pair. You've Got Mail has the virtue of delivering exactly what's expected from it. It's a feel-good movie that offers enough comedy and romance to warm the heart without risking a sentimental overdose. Fans of Sleepless in Seattle will almost certainly fall in love with the similar-yet-different nature of the production; only die-hard cynics will be turned off by all of the unabashed good will. If there are messages to be found here, they're that romance is still thriving in our technological era, and that well-written romantic comedies starring Hanks and Ryan don't represent much of a gamble for the financing studio. In their quest to assure that You've Got Mail is adored by movie-goers, the film makers have spared no expense. Believe me- this is movie romance magic at its best.

• Dec 29, 2018

A decent rom com which drags a little but provides plenty of charm

A decent rom com which drags a little but provides plenty of charm

• Dec 12, 2018

You've Got Mail has the virtue of delivering exactly what's expected from it. It's a feel-good movie that offers enough comedy and romance to warm the heart without risking a sentimental overdose. Fans of Sleepless in Seattle will almost certainly fall in love with the similar-yet-different nature of the production; only die-hard cynics will be turned off by all of the unabashed good will. If there are messages to be found here, they're that romance is still thriving in our technological era, and that well-written romantic comedies starring Hanks and Ryan don't represent much of a gamble for the financing studio. This is classic top notch Hollywood movie magic. (Romance from an innocent era).

• Nov 21, 2018

This would be a perfect movie. IF TOM HANKS DIDN'T PUT MEG RYAN OUT OF BUSINESS!! That's impossible to overcome! This is my very fave Meg Ryan movie - she is perfection here. And I enjoy it because she falls in love which she deserves. I just wish it was to someone who hadn't messed up her life!

• Sep 08, 2018

I'm picky about modern day rom coms. I'm not that person who really likes most modern movies. This is by far one of my favourites. It's far and above a lot of the junk the 90's produced. I didn't find the plot predictable as some said because I think that was the entire point. I love how insightful the dialogue is and how every time I watch it I find something new nuanced. And even though I know how it ends I still tear up. I love the backstory of Meg Ryan's character with her mom and how warm and quirky her employees are. I love the parallel lines that they draw between the two characters individual lives. And I think it was a lot better than most movies from this era. I would even usually be annoyed with a sidekick like Dave Chappelle but I think he fit the bill perfectly in this movie as the funny quick-witted sidekick to Tom Hanks.

• Aug 31, 2018

Love, love love!! Another wonderful heart-felt movie from Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan! A total feel-good rom-com that adds a little more to online dating.

• Aug 24, 2018

calculative and constructive steps.. You've Got Mail You've Got Mail is a plot driven romance about a guy and a girl who are unknown to each other but knows more about each other than anyone. It is a classic romantic tale whose simplicity is its key that unlocks each and every emotions of the audience as it goes through its track. The chemistry as required, is just amazing with both the lead cast, investing equally, draws out the heat from the content. Ticking for two hours, there isn't an inch of the feature, that is bourgeois or distraction, it is pure concrete material. The goofyness, the flirty talks, the references and the cheesy tricks, all works in its favour because of its genuine reasonings that are justified to the core. Chugging down all the perspective that they could squeeze out in the allotted time, it offers enough reasons for the audience to stay on the edge of the seat. It is short on technical aspects like background score, cinematography and sound department. The camera work is decently handled with beautiful visuals and bright colors that lights up the feature and offers a breezy atmosphere to the viewers. The narrative is smart if not mature, hilarious if not practical and honest to the core if chalky around the edges. Hanks has never been better with his flawed and complex character while Ryan is good enough to steal the spotlight from him. Ephron; the co-writer and director, may not be as convincing while executing the script, but his screenplay is worth basically everything. Argumentative conversations, witty dialogues and the good old romantic tale that we all have been missing are the high points of the feature. You've Got Mail cannot be categorized into guilty pleasure, it is much smarter than it seems in its calculative and constructive steps.

• Aug 12, 2018

Love this movie watch it every year!

Love this movie watch it every year!

• Jul 20, 2018

These two together are so so good together. Side note I love books more than anything and the fact that they both love reading makes my heart happy.