Burden of Truth: Season 1 Reviews

• Mar 19, 2019

This is a great show. It's a show that works for the whole family to watch as it's a mixture of interesting stories, interesting characters and great mysteries to solve.

• Sep 24, 2018

Burden of Truth is pretty disappointing. I was excited because I loved the main character from "Smallville" and "Beauty and the Beast" but it is a total knock off. They stole their entire plotline from episode 4 "Toxic" of season two of the show "Perception". If TNT isn't getting paid by CW for this show they should be! I'm not a fan of plagiarism.

• Sep 03, 2018

I binged watched the first season over the weekend and thought that it was good light entertainment, with enough twists and turns to maintain the viewer’s interest. Though obviously primarily a vehicle for Kristen Kreuk, what elevates this show another notch was the care taken to cast a group of talented young actresses and then give them interesting storylines that go beyond just being sympathetic victims who have be rescued by a hot shot city lawyer. For instance, I thought Luna was a great character in her determination to fight for her sick girlfriend, while also battling through a great deal of turmoil in her family life. Luna turns out to be as much of a hero as Kreuk's character (and much more likable). In fact, the high school girls end up being as much the stars of the series as the lawyers and other adults who are defending them.

• Aug 19, 2018

Burden of Truth is a first-class legal thriller mini-series. It is one of the most-engaging legal mini-series ever produced. Reminiscent of the intensity of the 1960s series The Defenders. A lawyer is sent to a small Canadian town to resolve claims a client's drug might be causing local girls to get sick. That starts her on a quest to find the cause of the illness. Great script and top-notch acting by Kristin Kreuk and Peter Mooney in the lead roles. Intrigue. Romance. Danger. Sleazy lawyers. Corrupt police and politicians. Family feuding and secrets. Can't ask for more!

• Aug 07, 2018

Binged watched the whole season in one sitting - compelling!

Binged watched the whole season in one sitting - compelling!

• Jul 27, 2018

Great! First episode was very interesting, can't wait to see how this story unfolds