Quantico: Season 3 Reviews

• Nov 10, 2019

Absolute nosedive from previous seasons.

Absolute nosedive from previous seasons.

• Aug 27, 2019

One of the worst shows ever

One of the worst shows ever

• Aug 10, 2019

This season was by far my favorite season of the entire series. Although it was shocking to not see Alex and Ryan together, it was equally exciting to see McQuigg and Alex's developing romance. On top of that it was fantastic to see a disabled character be a main character of the show and an important part of the team this season. The romance between Owen and Jocelyn was also beautifully developed. In addition, we got to see Harry again, and see more of his personal life and dive deeper into his character, which I also enjoyed. Each episode was a thrill, with a new crisis to solve and it was exciting to see how the team would tackle each problem. It wasn't confusing like the first half of season 2, in this season each episode was a new problem and some episodes were interconnected and fed into the larger plot while serving plenty of plot twists. I enjoyed this season way more than I expected to, and I hoped to see where the characters, each of which were developed so well, would go after this season. Overall season 3 was an absolute masterpiece.

• May 27, 2019

Why change the formula that made Quantico unique?

Why change the formula that made Quantico unique?

• Apr 21, 2019

I loved Seasons 1 & 2 - but switching showrunners and trying a new formula for Season 3 was a terrible decision. It's bland and boring now.

• Sep 30, 2018

Chemistry is the soul of all successful television drama. Good writing, good casting. When you get it right, don't mess with the formula unless you have a desire to lose the audience you've worked hard to attract and by extension the advertisers who pay to reach them. This isn't rocket science. I heard about this show, binge watched the first two seasons, laughing all the way, was a guilty pleasure of soap opera meaningless craziness. What primarily kept me attracted was the believably magnetic tension between leading characters Alex and Ryan. ** spoiler alert ** Season 3 kills off the tension by an improbable story arc that has Ryan now married to another cast member who, if you watched seasons 1-2, you know has no chemistry with Ryan, no history, etc. What's more, we're now told that Alex ditched Ryan three years earlier (after a dramatic scene that closes Season 2 where they fly off into the sunset together after viewers are led to believe they are forever torn apart -- think the end scene to 1999's The Thomas Crown Affair). Alex now lives with some Italian cook and his daughter, with whom she has no screen chemistry. She comes back to NYC, and shrugs off dissing Ryan three years earlier, and hooks up with an apparent ex-redneck character with whom she has no screen chemistry; in fact, I would argue that they present anti-chemistry. The show is now barely recognizable from its earlier iterations. It's not even a shadow of its former self. After watching the first 3-1/2 episodes of Season 3, I pressed the remote's pause button and sped through the Netflix fast forward review screens at the bottom of my TV just to see if the writing would turn things around. I sped through the balance of Season 3. No such luck. So I'm headed over to BBC to catch Endeavour. At least there the writers/producers were smart enough not to mess with the formula.

• Sep 18, 2018

Sadly, not even McQuigg's pretty face can make this new season of Quantico interesting to watch anymore. With almost half of its principal cast in the final season, the show had lost its momentum.

• Aug 17, 2018

I wasn't a fan of the G20 summit hostage scenario last time they should've gone back to the basics of when the show first started all that's changed now for Season 3 thankfully, definitely feels like they went back to the fun of Season 1 Alex has made a life herself in Italy, she and Ryan broke up, and the newest members also went their own paths sadly she's thrown back into the FBI when she's targeted once again NYC now holds so many new threats and she eve runs into Shelby with a startling revelation Marlee Matlin also joins the team as Jocelyn who also gets a pretty good backstory before she went deaf The finale involves taking down an Irish crime lord having Alex and her team protect their loved ones Sadly this is the last run for Alex Parrish but it’s nice to see the series have a sense of fun again even if everything isn't wrapped up 100%

• Aug 15, 2018

Season 3 was such a disappointment. It was so predictable and too emotional. It also lacked the sort of drama season 1 had.

• Jul 08, 2018

Quantico should have ended after season 2! i liked how the show started with alex and ryan meeting on the plane and then season 2 ending with them both on a plane again. season 3 is completely horrible. The relationship between ryan and shelby is horrible, they have absolutely no connection! and how can shelby do that to her best friend! her reason with getting married to ryan was that she never thought that she would see alex ever again! and the series finale was the absolute worst ending ever!!