The Kominsky Method: Season 3 Reviews

• Sep 29, 2021

I'm missing Alan Arkin. This season should not have been done at all.

I'm missing Alan Arkin. This season should not have been done at all.

• Aug 14, 2021

The third season was a drop-off from the exceptional first two seasons. It wasn't just missing Alan Arkin. While Kathleen Turner and Paul Reiser turned in good performances, the writing and the tone of the show changed. Without giving away spoilers - I really didn't like the direction they took with Jane Seymour, Nancy Travis and Lisa Edelstein's characters as it really cheapened the character development and special moments of the first two seasons. While I stuck around to finish out the series I don't know if I would have made time to watch a 4th season.

• Aug 11, 2021

This show wraps up well with a great series of emotions, drama, and comedy. It displays the humanity greatly in all the characters as they have dealt with loss and how they overcome it and also inspires the mind even a bit.

• Aug 08, 2021

A fresh and original feel-good and thoughtful TV show full of amazing actors, peculiar characters, and a plot you get attached to. I absolutely loved every single episode, every character in their own way, and every plot twist. The show felt humane, warm and honest. Most importantly, I felt that the show gave the actors an opportunity to really test and practice their acting abilities, which is meta given the subject manner of the show.

• Aug 01, 2021

Like so many other reviewers on RT, I found the 3rd season a dreadful conclusion to the excellent first 2 seasons. I did watch it all, but mainly in the hope it would get better. It didn't. Woeful script, no love or humour, cheap and juvenile plot lines, mawkish focus on the Kathleen Turner character, and the whole thing left a bad taste in the mouth. Good acting, but that didn't save this embarrassment. Alan Arkin is the only one to walk away with dignity.

• Jul 30, 2021

The first two seasons of The Kominsky Method were wonderful - hilarious, melancholy, empathetic and surprisingly wise. But rather skip this one - I managed four and a half episodes of this treakly mush. Literally no jokes, ever.

• Jul 19, 2021

Still good but it gets cheesier & cheesier, they've killed Norman who was the best support in the series and even though they've brought back Sandy's ex wife for some good witty exchanges it doesn't add up

• Jul 16, 2021

Really disappointing third season without Norman and it degenerated into schmaltz. So many character lines were just plain irrelevant or cheesy. The Scientology plot wasn't even good satire and seemed like someone's "good idea at the time" . The show became more and more like a sitcom with guest stars who served no real purpose. If you're only going to have 6 episodes why waste so much time on Mindy's marriage.

• Jul 06, 2021

Season 3 is an absolute travesty. All the original mastertapes should be destroyed, awful last season of a half decent show. If Arkin didn't sign up for a third series, then they should've left it as it was. Not this crap

• Jul 02, 2021

To be completely honest, I couldn't even finish the whole third season of this show. I really really loved the dynamics and chemistry between Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin. The end of Season 2 set them right up for such a great Season 3, but within the first episode, it feels like they've already abandoned that storyline because they had to 'kill off' Norman as Alan Arkin would not be returning. In my unprofessional opinion, the series should've been left the way it was once Alan Arkin decided he wouldn't return. In my opinion, Arkin made Norman a better character and, in my eyes, made him the true main character. I'm just super disappointed that my favorite character of the show decided not to return and the whole series had to revolve around it. Doesn't make for good television when that kind of thing happens.