The Night Of: Miniseries Reviews

• Feb 16, 2019

Brilliant acting all around. Gripping and suspenseful all the way through.

Brilliant acting all around. Gripping and suspenseful all the way through.

• Jul 11, 2018

It's not often that I find an American remake of an English series/movie that meets the bar set by the original. 'The Night Of' is based on the English series 'Criminal Justice', and as much as Criminal Justice is done well, The Night Of has a grittiness and realism that shocks more, saddens deeper, pisses you off at the thought that this could happen all too easily. John Turturro and Riz Ahmed are stunning in this series - their characters are forgivably flawed and they garner sympathy effortlessly. I don't know if a sequel is in the pipeline, but I'd see it with high anticipation.

• Mar 29, 2018

The Night Of!!! wow! what a fantastic show! Please HBO we need a Season 2-10!

The Night Of!!! wow! what a fantastic show! Please HBO we need a Season 2-10!

• Dec 16, 2017

Puntaje Original: 7.1 HBO nos trae una magistral serie llena de misterio, con un estilo urbano que conecta al espectador cada capítulo con una encrucijada de memoria y perspectivas, ideal para aquellos amantes de los thrillers criminales.

• Oct 05, 2017

One of the most realistic and heart-wrenching TV series currently. The Night Of exemplifies all the advantages of a miniseries format. Featuring a straightforward situation, a series of unpredictable events told patiently, and a closed ending that will start audience discussions and leave them satisfied. The writers and cast successfully create the atmosphere of confinement both for characters in and out of prison. The progression of the story is told through meaningful short dialogues that the cast delivers effectively with nuanced expressions and carefully crafted silences, leaving room for audience imagination and opinions. Ultimately, The Night Of achieved the challenge of telling a highly intense fictional story that relates to the real world in eight episodes.

• Sep 28, 2017

Realistic, enthralling, and heartbreaking, The Night Of is a prime example of a superb miniseries that focuses on many different and relevant issues of life, racism, and the criminal justice system, thanks to outstanding direction and writing along with two spectacular performances from Riz Ahmed and John Turturro.

• Sep 03, 2017

Intriguing, great acting .... I really enjoyed watching this series

Intriguing, great acting .... I really enjoyed watching this series

• Aug 07, 2017

With a well-crafted narrative, sharp direction and impeccable performances - particularly from John Turturro and Riz Ahmed - The Night Of succeeds in delivering a engaging crime drama.

• Aug 02, 2017

• Jul 21, 2017

The deep character development, setting and story make this one of the most utterly compelling shows I have seen in a long time. Hugely recommend it!