The Night Of: Miniseries Reviews

• Apr 25, 2021

Riz Ahmed what a talented actor, the twists and turns, had me on the edge of my seat. Each and every time you think you've sussed out the plot–boom–you're wrong! This is a must watch.

• Apr 21, 2021

The Night Of is instantly gripping and is fascinating throughout. It kept me guessing its finale until it actually happened. Its characters are well rounded, real, and none are outright heroes or villains. It is a fantastic use of 8 hours.

• Apr 09, 2021

This series is for teenagers only. It is so predictable. A worn out storyline done better many times before. The guy in the cab is such a dummy. The HBO shows these days are all the same. Stupid people doing stupid things. No wonder the audience for the Emmy's keeps getting smaller.

• Feb 22, 2021

Not worth the time it takes to finish. Unfulfilling ending. I was very disappointed I took the time to watch the entire thing. I wonder why they made the show due to the lack of tied ends or general message. It's just a story that doesn't really go anywhere.

• Feb 08, 2021

The Night Of works so well because it foregoes the whodunnit concept and instead focuses on the lives of those impacted by a homicide case to an alarmingly intimate degree.

• Feb 06, 2021

A+++ for acting, drama, dialogue, atmosphere, cinematography, tension, tone and setting, A- for everything else, including character development, directing, etc. A fantastic miniseries that's as unsettling and dark as it is tense, beautifully shot, and genuinely intriguing. Not the same old, same old. This is well written TV with a mean stomp.

• Jan 29, 2021

A script writing masterclass. Perfect cast & this cinematography keeps you right there with them

• Dec 22, 2020

It takes a while to get going. The first 2 episodes may lose viewers for how slowly it develops. But if you make it to episode 3, the mystery starts to envelop you.

• Dec 08, 2020

The story of racism, justice, and discrimination. A complete storytelling of everyone inside it. Superior opening scene, intense atmosphere, and a satisfying ending. The character development here is pure gold, the life transformation of the suspect, the Defense Attorney, and the jury. An all out acting from John Turturro & Riz Ahmed too. | Follow us at @uncle.review

• Nov 01, 2020

Unnecessarily stretched stretched stretched , I can not fathom reason behind much time devoted to lawyer's medical condition so completely out of context. Also does not help is casting of head prosecutor as very old lady seems barely able to stand/walk/speak and exudes no strength or authority ...