The Terror: Season 1 Reviews

• Feb 19, 2020

Excellent writing and acting. We do not see enough of this kind of quality.

Excellent writing and acting. We do not see enough of this kind of quality.

• Jan 25, 2020

Amazing cast. Took me on a nice tragic adventure. Well acted and very enjoyable....

• Jan 12, 2020

Very good characters

Very good characters

• Dec 24, 2019

What a start and what a let - down. The first 3 Episodes are pitch perfect. Dark, cold and haunting. We follow the crew of the hms Terror and the hms Erebus which tries to find its way through the ice of canadian arctic. But they get stuck. The ship becomes a cage surrounded by never melting ice and in its belly the inmates get more depressed by the minute. The soundtrack (by the sadly deceased brilliant Marcus Fjellström) will haunt your dreams for days. The cast (here specially Jared Harris) is phenomally good. And this would have been one of my absolut favorites if there wasn't the 'fantasy' part. -- !! Spoiler !! -- So, the Terror (and the Erebus) is a ship which tried to pass the 'north - west' passage in 1845 but was lost and never to be seen again (until the Arctic Research Foundation found the wreck in 2018). The disappearence (of course) led to quiet a lot of tales and that is where this show (at least for me) looses al its magic. Because it gets into the supernatural. So instead of triyng to get as historical acurate as possible it shows as a 'monster' (and an ugly one at that). On top of that we have an evil gay sailor (without any reason) and an inuit witch (?). So: if you want to see a rellay good (historicaly acurate) movie about sailing, go and watch: The Far Side of the World.

• Dec 23, 2019

A cozy winter favourite. I watch this in the background as I work in my rotation of shows/movies. The music is so atmospheric, and it is beautifully shot. Jared Harris is perfect as Captain Crozier, and I love watching the way all of the actors work together, especially as they descend into madness. I took off a half star because I feel like this show could have done away with any supernatural elements and still maintained the claustrophobic tension. The CGI "bear" is a bit silly sometimes, but not enough to impact my enjoyment.

• Dec 18, 2019

One of the best tv show. Its adventure horror hybrid, was giving feeling of The Titanic, historical expedition adventure, survival and what not. Absolute gem.

• Nov 30, 2019

Like watching paint dry in the rain. I suffered through one episode, thought it might pick up and at least be interesting, but...nope. I am going to go watch a turtle climb a steep, sodden and slippery high grade slope, I have a feeling it would be less painful.

• Nov 06, 2019

More creep up your spine and into your mind than pulse spiking scares, the Terror season 1 stuck with me long after the season has ended, showing that fact sometimes is more terrifying than fiction

• Oct 18, 2019

a story on its own, nothing comes close to this horror drama.

a story on its own, nothing comes close to this horror drama.

• Oct 18, 2019

Eerie, slow, unnerving, and completely dependent upon characters. That's how good horror should be, in my opinion. In the days of blockbuster "horror" films that mostly rely on making you jump, it's nice to have another show that goes back to the roots of well-developed characters, back story, and plot. An actual story! (That just happens to be bone-chillingly uneasy)