The Terror: Season 1 Reviews

• 3d ago

I finished the season and while I enjoyed the bleakness and creepy atmosphere, it did feel overlong and sometimes uneventful. It took us a while to finish the whole season as it doesn't quite suck you in. It did feel like they could have told this whole story in 6 episodes instead of 10. Many times I found it frustrating too, wen characters acted in ridiculous ways, especially with the polar bear around. But having said that, the acting is really good and the production design is wonderful.

• 4d ago

Great show from a couple of years ago.

Great show from a couple of years ago.

• Apr 10, 2021

The Terror does a couple of things right...it conveys the feeling of isolation, the cold of the North Pole, the hopelessness of the crews situation and how it affected the strict discipline and hierarchy on ships. However, if you have read the book, this adaptation takes so much out of it, that by the end, the story has no connection with the actual ending from the book. It dumbed-down the origin of the creature, and with it also the message it was meant to send to the viewer/reader. That is the biggest flaw of this show for me. However, if it gets just one more person to read Dan Simmons' book, I consider it a success.

• Apr 08, 2021

Got really high Peaks but also low points. I'd recommended as something totally different from what is out there.

• Apr 07, 2021

It's OK. Clearly, the men died of cold and starvation; why they've added a mythical giant sized super intelligent polar bear into the story is anyone's guess.

• Apr 06, 2021

Great depiction! I remember seeing the mummies in the museum! It was very detailed and even despite it being a historical piece, it's still a good character arch and societal commentary.

• Apr 04, 2021

Grim, grisly & utterly gripping

Grim, grisly & utterly gripping

• Apr 03, 2021

This is a great series and the acting is also first rate. Skip season 2 unless your into revisionism woke-washed history.

• Apr 03, 2021

The Terror, which is based on a true story of HMS Franklin expedition in the 19th century, was a great adventure. It portrayed the battle of man vs nature and kept me watching to see what or who the Terror was. The life on board a British exploration ship stuck in the artic was a good background for this story. The daily battles for survival both from the Terror and the elements made this a well told story.

• Mar 30, 2021

One of those series which will have an impact on you for ever. A masterpiece!!!

One of those series which will have an impact on you for ever. A masterpiece!!!