Vanity Fair: Miniseries Reviews

• Feb 07, 2022

The best adaptation of this story. I binged watched the box set over two nights and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!

• Dec 28, 2021

Well done. I enjoyed it.

Well done. I enjoyed it.

• Mar 21, 2021

Would have been a 5 except for I HATE the beginning part where the guys says "striving for things not worth having" in every episode. So unneeded and that entire opening sequence after that, like what were they thinking!? Overall tho the show is great if you like Victorian dramas (I love them) it's only tiny bit "woke" but it's within the tolerable level (unlike most shows today) overall highly recommended!

• May 08, 2020

Excellent acting, anchored by Olivia Cooke, who steals every scene--even though her character is essentially unlovable. Struggling to find her place in a class-conscious world that values a fortunate birth over talent and ingenuity, Becky would be recognized today as a charming psychopath. She's manipulative, has no real emotional attachments, and only values people for what they can do for her.

• Feb 05, 2020

Absolutely disgusting. Why they gotta do my mans like that? 🤢

Absolutely disgusting. Why they gotta do my mans like that? 🤢

• Oct 15, 2019

Moved me to tears, the realistic portrayal, character development, acting, every scene and/or supporting actor seemed essential. The plot towards the end, when the Major discovers Becky's infidelity was the only weak point where it felt a tad forced. Other than that, what a heartbreaking and perfect rendition of intertwined lives. Fantastic. Music score one of the best in years; my only contention is the original Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division should have been used.

• Aug 02, 2019

Excellent excellent!!

Excellent excellent!!

• Feb 17, 2019

Olivia literally brings this show to life. I cannot imagine how this story would be any better without her spice.

• Jan 29, 2019

Absolutely brilliant. Thought we had seen the last of these marvelous period pieces. Thank goodness I was wrong. Enjoy!

• Jan 27, 2019

interesting, scheming, nasty, oh wait, vanity Unfair...worth watching on rainy winter days

• Jan 09, 2019

Loved it. Casting was great and I loved the adaption.

Loved it. Casting was great and I loved the adaption.

• Oct 27, 2018

Love this series. Very enjoyable entertainment.

Love this series. Very enjoyable entertainment.

• Oct 04, 2018

I love it! Genuinely can’t get enough of it !

I love it! Genuinely can’t get enough of it !

• Sep 30, 2018

Set against the backdrop of the Napoleon War, Vanity Fair is one of Sunday nights best dramas. With a great ensemble cast and standout performances from Olivia Cooke and Tom Bateman, it makes it one hell of a show to watch. With lavish costumes and Gorgeous sets, it makes it one of my favourite dramas at the moment.

Do you think we mischaracterized a critic's review?