10 Reviews

• Oct 08, 2019

Dudley Moore, Julie Andrews, Dee Wallace, and introducing Bo Derek a movie about a man falling in love with someone well out of his range famous composer George Webber has it all; a successful career, a beautiful fiance, and a bright future ahead of him but reaching the age of 40 he starts to feel the gravity of it all, a sort of mid-life crisis takes a hold of him then one day he stumbles upon a very sensuous woman younger than him and becomes very enchanted by her the thing is that she is recently married yet George wants to find out more about her so he stumbles around making a fool of himself at nude parties, the dentist, spying on his neighbors with a telescope to the point of leaving his fiance and going on vacation and wouldn't you know it he runs into this miraculous-looking woman everywhere he goes a majority of the film has George performing a lot of physical comedy, sure not all of it works since it's one misunderstanding after another and Bo Derek doesn't actually speak until the 90 min mark but along the way he starts to realize that maybe he's more compatible with her on both an emotional and intellectual level so if you're patient enough it's worth it to get to the crux of it all when we get older we fear the aspect of dying, we also worry about not having enough in our lives to keep us fulfilled, maybe some of us can't afford to have a certain kind of thinking, is the one problem somebody has is that there is no problem?, it's only when we actually see what it is we think we want when it's not what we really want the film itself isn't high art but the actors are very likable with nice chemistry telling a very relatable story anybody middle-aged can identify with

• Aug 15, 2019

Dudley Moore is great and his physical comedy entertains, but something's missing that lifts this movie from its starting blocks into greatness

• Aug 02, 2019

On the surface an old-fashioned sex comedy, but the jokes utterly misfire behind misogynist premise.

• Jul 29, 2019

Well... I honestly tried to finish this movie but the film itself doesn't seem to have any discernable plot or drive outside of the main character wanting to get with a woman he's never met before and knows nothing about. Seeing as this was made in the late 70's, when this sort of story was the norm, I can kind of understand why some people (mostly middle aged men) would enjoy it, but the film really hasn't aged at all well, especially with the change in what's a socially acceptable way for people to act. But talking about the film from a completely technical standpoint, there are a lot of scenes where they didn't need to have any foley added that had it and some that needed the foley that didn't. The film was shot well enough and even used some techniques to portray narrative beats fairly well. If this were the first film to do something like that, I'd give it praise, but it was far from the first to do so, and due to the simplicity of what it actually did with shots and editing, I can't say that it was actually good, even for the time. There was nothing overly terrible about the filmmaking here. Where it fails was the writing that failed to keep me invested in either the characters or the plot. All and all, I'd suggest giving this movie a pass.

• Apr 11, 2019

Not very impressed, a classic in it's own right but aged very poorly.

Not very impressed, a classic in it's own right but aged very poorly.

• Jan 26, 2019

The best romcom movie ever made!

The best romcom movie ever made!

• Nov 20, 2018

I loved this film. 10 is a touching, relatable, and overall hilarious movie, thanks to a great script and a hysterical performance from Dudley Moore. Criminally underrated romantic comedy from the legendary Blake Edwards.

• Sep 13, 2018

It's the 70s and Dudley Moore is playing a drunken middle aged genius composer. What do you expect. Unnecessary nudity, out-dated humor, but other than that it's pretty fantastic. It doesn't do Dudley's talent justice in a lot of ways though.

• Sep 26, 2017

This truly excellent analysis of masculinity, male desire, and mid-life crisis is one of the forgotten, underrated masterpieces of 70's hilarity.

Thomas D Super Reviewer
    Sep 26, 2017

"10" is far from a masterpiece, in fact, it's much more of a goofy 70's rom-com than anything else, but there's a little bit more heart and quite a few more laughs than I thought there would be here. The film is about a man (played by Dudley Moore) going through a mid-life crisis as he realizes his age is creeping up on him as he's failing to provide a spark in his relationship with the one and only Julie Andrews. What follows feels like a movie made specifically for sexually deprived teenagers, but there's definitely a little bit more to it than that. George Webber (Moore) is a film composer recognized by everyone for his famous ballads, but he rarely shares an intimate moment with people for various reasons. Spending his nights desperate to find his music again and spying on his neighbor who consistently hosts sex parties, there's not a lot going for Webber. But when he stumbles upon a young newly married woman, things begin to change. The actual plot itself isn't the most interesting, especially as it consistently meanders into slapstick comedy. I mean, George literally has a mid-day fantasy of Bo Derek slowly running on a beach Baywatch style for over a minute. It's not exactly the most tightly written or directed feature. However, I did at least connect to the Webber character in part. His relationship to Andrews is touching at times, and I have a special place in my heart for film composers. Henry Mancini's score is another gem and it's definitely a film that can be enjoyed in the background if you turn your brain off for a few hours. 6.4/10