All About Eve - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

All About Eve Reviews

January 15, 2017
Love love love this movie and ensemble cast!!!
January 8, 2017
What does it take to get to the top-The underbelly politics behind hollywood's stars -A cameo appearance of the blond bomb shell makes ot all the more fascinating
December 20, 2016
Really struggled to get into this, definitely prefer Sunset Blvd
½ December 16, 2016
Runs a bit long, but it's a solid film with good character arcs and a cast that deliver on their acting.
November 21, 2016
All About Eve is certainly not the first time I've seen that classic tale of an aging actress who is jealous of an ingenue who she is worried might take her place. However, it might be one of the best implementations of that plot-line. Huge credit has to go to Anne Baxter because she plays the part of Eve so brilliantly that I was genuinely surprised at her turn in the third act, despite the familiarity of these tropes. The rest of the cast is spectacular as well, but I think the effectiveness of the film hinges on Baxter's performance. The way the climax of this film plays out is positively brilliant and it resolves each character's story in a way that I didn't anticipate. The final scene might be one of the most fitting I've ever seen. I did find there were moments that the film dragged a little, particularly when they continued to drive home a point that they had already established. I'm not sure I was entirely sold on the flashback storytelling, either. It was particularly odd because they kept changing narrators for the flashbacks, which seemed pointless. Most of my trouble with All About Eve was relatively minor, though. This is a sensational film that has aged well, because it explores timeless themes that still apply today. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.
August 28, 2016
Great cast; interesting to see Marilyn Monroe in her groove this early role. George Sanders is perfectly urbane as the narrator. The plot avoided some standard Hollywood cliches. Though very good, didn't think it quite lived up to the hype, but looks like I'm in the minority.
August 22, 2016
Absolutely fantastic! Great dialogue, great plot and great cast!
½ June 29, 2016
An incredibly well acted and edited piece - holds up wonderfully.
½ April 3, 2016
This holds up so well and the script is very strong. If you enjoy a movie not for it's action or special effects but rather for it's writing, storytelling, and acting then you should check this one out!
March 9, 2016
In the 21st century, this classic about an aging actress is still relevant.
March 7, 2016
Fasten your seat belts. All About Eve is a bumpy drama. It's an excellent film that is well-deserving of the Academy Award for Best Picture. (First and only viewing - 1/26/2011)
March 7, 2016
A incredible motion picture with a perfect performance by Bette Davis as Margo.
February 10, 2016
The film itself is clever and very funny, from start to finish. And this supporting cast is outstanding, especially Gary Merrill & Anne Baxter. But Bette Davis OWNS this film and everything about it. I am ashamed to say that this is the first Bette Davis movie I've ever watched. But now, I'm going to watch everything she's ever made.
February 1, 2016
Pure drama, pure acting class, pure story-telling gold. So, so very, very good. If you haven't seen it, it's the best example of how totally immersing a black and white movie can be.
January 18, 2016
All About Eve is sharply written from the opening credits to the final fade and performed brilliantly by non other than Bette Davis.
January 15, 2016
One of the best scripts in film history
December 27, 2015
My favorite movie ever.
December 25, 2015
This movie tricks you. It's not going as happy a ride as the first ten minutes might make you think.