Run Fatboy Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Run Fatboy Run Reviews

½ August 1, 2016
I thought this film was awful. It's pretty boring. I have seen Simon Pegg in other films and I like him. But he is pretty bad in this film. Dylan Moran is in this film, again I have seen him in another film and I liked him but he wasn't very good in this. I thought this may have been a good comedy but the plot is really boring. It is just Simon Pegg entering a marathon to prove that he is fit as other people say he is unfit. It isn't anything special and ultimately I didn't like this film and this is one of those comedy's which I don't intend on seeing again. Pretty bad at the end of the day, but I have seen worse, much worse.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Enjoyed it, Not Simon Peggs best but had some funny moments and has allot of heart, Better than you think.
June 30, 2016
It is the best atypical rom-com out there.
June 27, 2016
Seriously, man ass is always funny. áWhere am I going with this you wonder? áRun Fatboy Run has plenty of man ass to go around. áDennis (Simon Pegg) leaves his pregnant fiance, Libby (Thandie Newton) at the alter. áFive years later he's got a slight tummy and he's a security guard for a woman's clothing shop. áThings are okay until Whit (Hank Azaria) comes into Libby's life and well he's everything Dennis is not, handsome, rich, a strapping lad which you see in all his glory. áI'm sure you know that if you've seen Along Came Polly. áHank Azaria has an awesome body but I shouldn't get off point here. áSo Dennis decides to run the same marathon as Whit to prove to Libby that he can finish something if not his sentences.
Examples:
Dennis's running "shorts"
How Gordon hangs out at home
"Full English Breakfast with extra breakfast!"
"He has a son! áDid you know he had a son?"
"The only serious relationship I've been in ended in a broken collarbone and a dead meerkat."
"Scrotal zone"
"Hey do you think it would be weird if I took a bath?"
Beware of the blister scene. áExtra gross out.
You might (like I did) cream yourself upon seeing Whit's flat.
I love Simon Pegg and don't get me wrong but I feel the real star of this is Dennis's best friend and Libby's cousin Gordon (Dylan Moran). áYou might remember him as "GET FUCKED, FOUR EYES!" aka David (or Davs) from Shaun of the Dead. áHe is beyond wacky and funny in this film.
June 8, 2016
Really funny. Great cast. Great plot. such a feel good film. One of the best films i've seen.
June 7, 2016
Very funny quite enjoyable predictable but worth watching
May 22, 2016
I love Simon Pegg but I've got to say that this wasn't his best movie by far, I thought the story was predictable and the only actors I really cared about were Simon Pegg and Dylan Moran. If you're a fan of Pegg I would recommend watching, but its not one I'd go out and buy.
May 15, 2016
I was very much turned off by this movie as it started, showing a guy leaving a beautiful pregnant Thandie Newton at the altar. I thought, there's no way that they're going to be able to make this character likable. And I'm not sure I ever did LIKE him, but I did like the movie. How far Simon Pegg was willing to go to make up for his mistake was hilarious. Hank Azaria was refreshing & great as usual (especially in a hilarious scene in a locker room) and the movie, while it doesn't necessarily dodge cliches, manages to be sweet & harmless.
March 26, 2016
Formulaic, clich├ęd, and lovely.
March 1, 2016
We're not breaking new ground here. But who cares it's funny and that's the point.
February 13, 2016
Dylan Moran has done it for me. I'm officially going to be obsessing over this film for the next 2 months till it's out. Damnit.
½ January 16, 2016
nice story of the strength of the human spirit. Pegg is one of those losers that doesn't commit to anything and fails at life. Then enters the dreaded new boyfriend who is everything he isn't and he must prove himself to everybody that he is much more. Sometimes a little conventional in the silly humour but there is a great story here and the film works well.
½ November 13, 2015
Simon Pegg is one of the funnier comedic actors going and he shows it in this good but not great comedy.
August 21, 2015
A good enough comedy, if you're looking for a good, honest laugh and light entertainment for an hour and a half. Simon Pegg, as always, is truly brilliant, but much to my surprise, Hank Azaria lifted for the occasion and put on a truly comedic performance. It's engaging MOST of the time, but does have a habit of getting off topic and delving into dull and interesting dialogue. I thought some of the execution was stupid and formulaic, like how Azaria's character suddenly turns into the antagonist, and the whole general plot of him running away from the wedding was pretty unbelievable, but luckily this movie will not fail to deliver comedic genius throughout.
August 13, 2015
It's definitely a mixed bag ; Pegg seems to really miss Nick Frost here, but it's still quite a lot of fun. Hank Azaria as his nemesis is a perfect bastard and Thandie Newton as the woman he ran away from and wants back is perfection.
July 25, 2015
A romantic comedy with much more comedy than romance - also I like how a giant gesture doesn't seal the deal - it just brings a new found respect.
½ June 10, 2015
Not the kind of film with a great plot but it's charming and actually funny. I loved the "tree frog" scene.
½ May 14, 2015
This film always makes me think about Neill.
½ April 27, 2015
I did laugh quite a few times and it was great to see Dennis beat the marathon but now, I feel like all Simon Pegg movies are the same. He always plays a nerd or a loser who overcomes something at the end. As much as I like him, that's just my observation and this film is no exception.