Frozen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Frozen Reviews

April 22, 2017
I really like this movie it's worth watching
½ March 5, 2017
Not to be confused with the joyous musically animated Disney production, this Frozen is about 3 friends who become stranded on a ski lift with the threat of nobody coming to help them, the freezing cold, and snow storms just around the corner. These are just the start of their problems as the resort won't be reopening until just under a weeks time, meaning they won't survive if they just choose to sit around. Forced to take drastic action in order to survive, the three are soon encountering life or death situations in more ways than one, in what is a compelling watch given it all takes place in one remote location of a ski slope. Admittedly quite an unlikely predicament to be placed in, but overlooking that small issue, the rest of the movie pans out very well, with enough dialogue and action to keep one gripped to this isolated scenario. Ironically, it casts Shawn Ashmore, who plays Iceman in the X-Men films, so if anyone should know how to deal with this issue, one would expect it to be him. It's just a pity his foe (Pyro) in those films isn't around to create fire when you most need one. It actually produces quite a few gruesome moments that really emphasise the drastic extent that is potentially awaiting anyone who's unfortunate to encounter this when they go skiing, Probably not realistic enough to put one off hitting the slopes, but nor is the ideal movie to be watching prior to your snowy vacation. A thoroughly enjoyable film, very recommendable, but not for the very squeamish amongst us.
February 3, 2017
great movie, very novel concept (you don't see any movies set the basically the entire time on a ski lift chair), keeps you on edge of your seat what will happen, very chilling action scenes towards end make it worth watching for sure. check this out if you can handle violence and gore.
½ February 1, 2017
The idea is far better than the execution in Frozen with stale performances, cliched plot points and a sense of "over-the-topness" that borders on humorous.
½ January 13, 2017
Nothing is realistic from beginning to end. There are no 20somethings who would ever leave their cell phones in a locker, let alone three. It is also so tiring for writers to portray wolves as man eating animals. Wolves would NEVER be living near a ski resort AND never attack a human. The only good thing about the movie, the actors did a good job of acting.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
November 25, 2016
Great thriller movie! First 45 min had me at the edge of my seat! The rest of the movie was really thrilling as well! Perfect movie for a night in with my boyfriend! Watch this movie, you won't be disappointed!
½ November 9, 2016
A very good 'what would you do?' horror about three annoying Americans trapped on a chairlift in a freezing US ski resort.
The low budget doesn't affect the quality of the film if anything it enhances it in my opinion.
Everything is shot in one place mainly, the chairlift. No CGI or green screen backgrounds.
For some reason the central three characters don't have a lift pass and manage to persuade the chairlift operator for one final ride as the resort is closing down not just for the night but a long weekend.
The operator gets distracted and leaves his post and the lift is switched down with the three stuck well above ground in freezing temperatures.
Panic sets in and one decides to try his luck falling to the ground below. Big mistake! I won't reveal the outcome but it is gory.
Wolves are in a feeding frenzy below (oh thats a clue).
Anyway what would you do with no means of communication or escape?
The director does a good job at asking that very question using the scenery to ultimate effect.
The film will appeal to anyone that likes the Adrift with circling sharks style appeal.
½ October 3, 2016
The script is unique and horrifying at times to imagine yourself in this type of crisis situation....and I guess the moral of the story is don't leave the ski lodge without your cellular telephone and a backpack with a Bear Grylls wilderness survival kit.
September 11, 2016
Not a bad little horror about three annoying American youths that get stuck on a ski lift. It's a minimal story and contains a lot of padding that you could do without. To it's credit, it does have an original plot and one which will not be forgotten the next time I get on a ski-lift.
September 7, 2016
Not bad, I was really in the middle with this, okay acting, pretty solid plot, and a believable script, what put it over the edge for me was I expected it to be worse than it was, and the ending wasn't too corny
½ August 16, 2016
An above average horror flick that pleasantly uses real-life possibilities to drum up it's scares. A great plot with average to above average acting.
½ July 18, 2016
It was interesting till the first character died. Then it went downhill as there was not enough struggle and it lost my attention when another one ALSO died of the same attack. Thumbs up for the visuals though, just wished that the script was better.
July 17, 2016
Rule #1 of horror - make us care about your characters. Otherwise... I don't care about your characters. I didn't care about these characters.
½ July 15, 2016
The fact that this film is tense and terrifying as hell and has three great performances is what compensates for a generally thin dialogue and the characters' lack of intelligence, bringing to mind other great minimalist horror movies like Open Water but with wolves instead of sharks.
July 5, 2016
Often the most horrific situations are the simplest ones. What would you do if you found yourself stranded and alone in a ski lift? Could you make it? How far would you go in order to survive? Hold on tight, because it doesn't get any easier from here.
July 4, 2016
Being really suspenseful and terrifying in one super dense atmosphere the movie is has great plot,new genre entrance,and surprisingly good acting and gore this movie does a marvelous job at doing a entertaining new fresh horror flick.
June 30, 2016
This suspenseful thriller was a really good film. But on the other hand the acting wasnt as good as i wanted it to be but this is still a good film to go out and rent for a night.
June 8, 2016
This movie definitely keeps you in suspense.
April 12, 2016
Very entertaining considering most of the movie takes place on a ski lift. some disturbing scenes also.