The Black Hole Reviews

• Nov 23, 2020

This Disney movie was really bad. Maximilian Schell, Anthony Perkins, Robert Forster, Yvette Mimieux, Joseph Bottoms, and Ernest Borgnine did a terrible job in this movie. The plot to the movie was tedious, pathetic, and ridiculous. I don't know what the director of this movie was thinking, but he sure wasn't thinking clearly because the story was poorly written and the film producing was terrible as well. If you haven't seen this movie yet, don't waste your time. It's not worth watching at all.

• Nov 12, 2020

i re watch this movie yesterday, obviously technologically it is not up to date AT ALL! Anyway, there is so so many good things inside, i was amazed. I watch this movie when i was a kid 30 years ago. And yesterday i was bluffed. This is so dark. And there are many scenes really incredible. If you seek a good movie, this one is very nice. Some very good ideas too. Some movies are good for many things even they are kitsch to watch today, now just for my own culture i re watch every Sci-fi movie between 1960 to 1990 :) Some are really incredible, but this one is particularly good.

• Aug 31, 2020

Uneventful. 'The Black Hole' is extremely dull up until the final act, and even that isn't anything terribly memorable. It's just talk, talk, talk for the majority of the film, with it taking place around a black hole which is mostly just the background as opposed to anything major. It's cool seeing Robert Forster as Dan, though I can't say his character is anything to shout about. Maximilian Schell is alright, I guess, as Reinhardt, though the rest are forgettable - Anthony Perkins' role, Alex, is mostly annoying. More entertainment needed, I felt bored for a lot of it.

• Aug 31, 2020

A 70's sci-fi burn-out that tries hard to be something it's easily not, some impressive effects and an amiable attempt at snarky robot humor can't save this Forbidden Planet/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea/Star Wars/2001 rip-off.

• Aug 17, 2020

Definitely one of the most underrated movies I've ever seen

Definitely one of the most underrated movies I've ever seen

• Aug 04, 2020

While the movie has stilted acting, the story is sound and the finale is unexpected and amazing. While the story drags a bit, you will remember it, and the robots, if not the humans.

• Jun 30, 2020

The Black Hole was Disney's way of showing the world what a creative and revolutionary genius George Lucas was.

• Jun 05, 2020

Disney's turn to cash in on Star Wars-mania is a visually impressive film. Too bad the screenwriters couldn't match the high watermark set by the special effects crew.

• May 08, 2020

This film needs to be viewed as an homage to the classic 1950s science fiction thrillers, given a boost from post Star Wars level effects and budget. Hokey? Yes. Overacted? Yeah. But there's still something to it, even to this day, that redeems it and makes it worth your while.

• Apr 28, 2020

In a world in which Star Wars had never existed, the special effects might have been adequate. But you can tell that even the most rudimentary digital effects were far out of Disney's league. Moving on, the entire endeavor seemed to be a crass attempt to capitalize on the Star Wars craze. The studio pilfered George Lucas's robots and dressed his storm troopers in a strange shade of scarlet. The casting was odd, and always left me wondering if, somewhere behind the curtain, a gerontologist was lurking.