• PG, 1 hr. 42 min.

100% Orphan Black: Season 2

Brewster's Millions Reviews

Lucas M

June 21, 2011
Brewster's Millions, present a intelligent plot, that could have a better screenplay, and a comic cast with Richard Pryor, John Candy, Hume Cronyn, Archie Hahn and Rick Moranis. But the film become desappointing, showing a not so exciting script and a weak direction by Hill. However, it's a interesting movie. Probably, the anothers films, based on the homonym novel Brewster's Millions are better that is 1985 picture. Rotten.
AJ V

September 6, 2010
This is actually a remake of an older movie, but Pryor is such a great comedy actor, it's really his movie, and it's very entertaining.
Lady D

September 4, 2006
A great concept for a Comedy and an enjoyable rewatch of the 80?s classic. Thought provokingly comical.
Anthony L

September 29, 2009
I love this film, it?s a classic 80's comedy!
CloudStrife84
CloudStrife84

July 24, 2007
Good 80's fun! It's quite sad though that John Candy and Richard Pryor are no longer with us these days, because they sure brought a lot of splendor to the comedy world in their time, which this movie is a fairly good example of (even if it's pretty average on the whole). Wherever the two of them are now, I'm sure they're still spreading a lot joy and happiness around them, while their work and achievements here will always remain legendary.
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 26, 2007
one of the movie classics, great comedy
Dean !

July 1, 2007
One of Richard Pryor's better films. Recently re-made as Mr Deeds I think. In order to inherit a huge fortune his has to spend $30 million in 30 days, without giving it away. Easier said than done.
Jason S

February 27, 2007
Funny. Just makes you want to blow a few million for kicks.
garyX
garyX

February 18, 2007
Typical 80s comedy in that the charisma and chemistry of its stars, Candy and Pryor, shore up a weak script. Likeable because of same, but never exactly hilarious.
Dann M

January 12, 2013
When minor league baseball pitcher Montgomery Brewster becomes the heir of his great uncle's fortune, he's given 30 days to spend $30 million dollars in order to receive the full inheritance in the zany, off-the-wall comedy Brewster's Millions. Richard Pryor and John Candy lead the cast and deliver great performances. The comedy's a lot of fun and works well, but it's a bit formulaic. And, the characters are somewhat stereotypical. While it's not the most original comedy, Brewster's Millions is entertaining and full of laughs.
Joseph E

August 13, 2010
Now here is a film that had alot of potential. Now it is also a film that could've, should've been a standout, but maybe it was a little boring?

It was funny at some scenes, and told a very good story. iIt was pretty well directed. I also thought it was well acted, but maybe John Candy wasn't at his best?Now even as the film went on, I kept watching it, somehow feeling very intuned in it. I thought the story was very engaging, even if it was rather unfunny at times.

"Brewster's Millions" might be one of the least funniest, yet most compelling stories ever. It might not win over everyone, but if you see it's potential, and you like a good story, then this film is for you.

True Rating(s)) NRR: Not Rated Right
PG-13 for Constanst Adult Language including extensive use of the b-word, mild viollence, some serious potty humor,and sexual refrencees .
KevinTheMovieManiac
KevinTheMovieManiac

February 22, 2009
A decent 80's comedy with Richard Pryor. I also liked the performance by John Candy. This is the story of a minor league baseball player who has inherted 30 million dollars from his late great uncle. He has 30 days in which to spend the money or he doesnt get to keep it. If he does spend all the money he gets 300 million. The plot was predicatable at times,but a worthwhile wtch in my book. check it out if you like 80's comdies like I do.
Wu C

July 29, 2006
Actually holds up pretty good for an 80's comedy. Watched it alot as a kid too.
Lee K

May 20, 2008
Still one of my fave richard pryor films. With an interesting storyline.
Christopher B

January 17, 2008
I remember being so excited about this when I was younger. Richard Pryor and John Candy! Awesome! I still liked it, but I really would have to see it as an adult to judge if it's any good or not. It's Walter Hill, it can't be that bad.
DrLappos
DrLappos

May 27, 2007
Pryor misses Wildr in this but its still a great film
Sean S

January 20, 2007
One of the better Richard Pryor films.
January 30, 2014
Sadly, as much as I love John Candy and Richard Pryor movies like these don't hold up and I have a hard time believing they were all that revered back in the 80s.
November 7, 2012
A classic film with a great comedy pair: Richard Pryor and John Candy, an unthinkably great match. The movie has a great plot and an all-star cast, but is it funny?
Before I answer that, here's the plot of the film: Montgomery Brewster is a washed up minor league baseball pitcher for the Hackensack Bulls and his buddy Spike is the team's umpire. Soon Brewster inherits $30,000 from his great uncle Rupert, who tells him he must spend all of the money in 30 days to inherit even more money. But the catch is that he cannot tell anyone that he needs to spend the money. While being rich, Brewster moves into a fancy hotel and hires people to do work of all sorts for him as he dares to do anything as a rich man from challenging the Yankees to a baseball game to running for mayor of New York.
But once again, is the movie funny? At parts, but not entirely. Most of the film is about corporate spending and business, which doesn't work well in some comedies, like this one. The parts not focused on business are usually funny, but once again this isn't really a funny movie but rather a movie that is interesting. The plot is brilliant and so is the casting, but I really wish that the writers put more comedy into a great duo opportunity like Candy and Pryor.
August 19, 2012
Pryor and Candy have enough fire-power to add a decent dosage of comedic ingenuity in this uneven, but relatively entertaining picture...