Fright Night - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fright Night Reviews

October 5, 2016
I like this because it is thick on music and special effects from the 80's. The only thing missing is for Al Bundy to show up during one of Amanda Bearse's scenes and make a joke about how she looks like a chicken.
September 12, 2016
A atuação espetacular de McDowall e o clima de suspense fazem desse filme um dos melhores de terror de todos os tempos.
July 20, 2016
Fright Night is a fun, creepy and thrilling film about a vampire living next door. It plays by all the rules of what vampires can and cannot do which makes it even better. From the beginning Fright Night builds the suspension of what's to come keeping you sucked in. It moves fast with a clever story and good performances. Fright Night is a great 80s horror film that you won't wanna miss, even the music is so 80s it's awesome.
July 18, 2016
Fright Night 1985 was a way better vampire film then the remake.
June 13, 2016
A good vampire horror movie definitely better than the 2011 remake.
June 12, 2016
4/5. A really fun vampire movie that is both thrilling and funny. It has some really great characters and is just a lot of fun.
June 11, 2016
Funhouse type of horror film about teenager William Ragsdale realizing his new neighbor is a vampire. His friends, Amanda Bearse and Stephen Geoffreys as Evil Ed, don't believe him but humor him by enlisting the help of monster movie TV show host to help him kill the vampire, a terrific Roddy McDowall playing a Peter Cushings-like actor who's fallen on hard time. The slick vampire is played by Chris Sarandon, who will forever be the evil prince in "The Princess Bride." The film was written and directed by Tom Holland, who I will forever be impressed by writing a smart sequel to a film that never should have had a sequel with his script for "Psycho 2." Holland brings a pitch perfect tone to the film that is at once funny and playful, but also suspenseful and scary in all the right places. "Fright Night" is a smart and funny horror film that will please both casual and hardcore horror fans, though it's still not quite what I'd consider a classic.
June 3, 2016
Love only this version! Watch it every year for Halloween!
½ June 1, 2016
After the very beginning of the film establishes the main trio of young people all as idiots in their own ways, once the action really picks up the film gets better by the minute, and at no point during its runtime is it not entertaining. The result is a riot of a shlockfest with some amazing creature effects, some awesome 80s pop rock, and an absolutely delightful performance from Roddy McDowall.

May 1, 2016
i love chris sarandon's movie-long smirk--even when his feelings get hurt while he is a demon vampire...
April 23, 2016
I used to not particularly like this film in the 80s, but its kitsch atmosphere has grown a nice nostalgia as time has passed. The humour isn't as annoying as it once seemed and it never gets in the way of the horror. I still don't love it but Fright Night has undoubted charm.
April 16, 2016
An all time fav and pure classic
½ March 25, 2016
As horror comedies of the 80's go (the best decade for the genre), this one is decidedly okay. I used to find it difficult to tolerate because of Stephen Geoffreys' performance, but I've mellowed towards him. There's a lot to like about it, particularly Chris Sarandon's suave vampire and Roddy McDowell's supporting turn. What I'm not so fond of is the screenplay. The story seems to be entirely driven by characters making unfathomably stupid decisions, and it starts to really wear away at whatever appreciation I had. I must say this is a case where I actually enjoyed the remake more.
½ March 22, 2016
Fright Night is a memorable, and very eighties, piece of horror history. With its frightening practical effects, silly characters, and story that never takes itself too seriously, it's surprising that nobody really talks about it as much as they should.
½ March 20, 2016
pretty cool vampire movie, but it kinda dragged on at parts and got a little boring, has a good 80's soundtrack and good acting though, also the special effects for the time were very good. 3.5 out of 5
February 25, 2016
I'm French and it's my favorite vampire movie!!!
½ February 13, 2016
A rather unique spin on vampires, "Fright Night" has a fair share of humor & scares along with some gore, although the pacing & character development (I couldn't stand Amy & "Evil" Ed was an oddball that you couldn't take seriously, more or less) in the first half was a little slow. Nonetheless, "Fright Night" is a good film to watch & have a fun time!
February 8, 2016
Quite entertaining 80's comedy\horror movie with a Dracula similar plotline and nice special effects.
January 29, 2016
Wow! I waited entirely too long to finally watch this 80s vampire classic! Teenaged Charlie Brewster gets in trouble with a new neighbor after discovering that neighbor is actually a vampire. Its not a serious movie, but it tries to be at some points, and then doesn't at others. Definitely, if you are a vampire movie fan you have to see this one, its a staple.
January 15, 2016
The best vampire movie ever made. Yes, it's even better than Dracula and Nosferatu.