Manhunter - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Manhunter Reviews

August 17, 2017
With a 'Miami Vice' meets 'Silence of The Lambs' vibe to it that may not appeal to everyone, Manhunter has a tendency to stay in the shallows rather than to dive deep and explore the more disturbing themes centered around serial killers and those who hunt them. Despite this, Mann's adept direction results in a suspenseful and engaging, if not somewhat superficial thriller whose sheer intensity and great cast will keep many interested until the very end. Petersen is fantastic in his role as FBI profiler William Graham, but look out for Cox and Noonan who end up stealing the show with their subtle yet creepy portrayals of the psychopaths.
July 29, 2017
JUST WATCHED THE DIRECTOR'S CUT.LOVED IT.NOW I AM WATCHING BUBBA HO TEPP
July 28, 2017
Frankly, although I do like suspense movies, this one just ins't what it was cracked up to be. I really don't understand the thrill of using serial killers as a way to tell a story.
July 21, 2017
1991's The Silence Of The Lambs Is One Of My Favorite Films Of All Time.
½ June 28, 2017
FBI criminal profiler Will Graham (William L. Petersen) is called out of early retirement to assist on a serial murder case involving a killer known as the "Tooth Fairy" (Tom Noonan). Graham enlists the help of imprisoned serial killer -- and cannibal -- Dr. Hannibal Lecktor (Brian Cox), who is the reason Graham took an early retirement. Soon, Graham and the FBI are entangled in a deadly cat-and-mouse game between the Tooth Fairy, Lecktor and an interfering journalist (Stephen Lang).
½ June 4, 2017
Red Dragon es el remake de esta película.
½ June 2, 2017
the first chapter in the Hannibal story and very well executed a tense thriller
May 24, 2017
Solid 80s detective movie, awesome soundtrack and great cinematography.
May 4, 2017
Very outdated and hard to watch because of that. Red Dragon is a much better movie of the same story. (First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
May 2, 2017
Pretty decent 80s crime thriller
April 16, 2017
A classic from Michael Mann. Tense, powerful, gripping, and as usual, his use of music is unrivaled.
½ April 1, 2017
The first Hannibal movie that hasn't aged very well, but it is worth a watch for fans of Harris' work.
March 20, 2017
Great use of cheesy 80's pop/synth and Mann's typically great visual style. Far superior to the 'Hannibal Lector' films that followed
½ February 24, 2017
Manhunter's pace is a little too slow for my liking. Will Graham and Francis Dollarhyde's personalities need to be jacked up a little bit, as they seem too calm for their situations.
½ February 11, 2017
Great camera work, framing and color. Feast for the eyes.
½ February 4, 2017
Pretty poor, in fact the worst Hannibal film of the lot. Luckily they remade it with Hopkins in Red Dragon as that version is far superior.
½ January 14, 2017
ONe of the great showdowns in movie history is this movie, vs the red dragon. Still not sure which way to go.
½ January 5, 2017
Brian Cox and Tom Noonan aside, I was disappointed by this, highly rated thriller. Sadly its dated badly, and reeks of too many things that were bad about the 80s.
January 3, 2017
The only movie left to watch in the collection that involves Hannibal Lecter was this one. Easily the worst of the bunch. William Petersen's is mostly okay as the lead but there are moments where he is really bad. The ending is pretty horrible and is straight outta the eighties. Tom Noonan is creepy as the killer though.
½ January 2, 2017