Promised Land - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Promised Land Reviews

½ September 11, 2017
Tricky! While I enjoyed the twist at the end I found most of the movie boring. The inner conflict of Matt's character never fully comes out. It left me unfulfilled.
½ June 26, 2017
This was a good movie with a solid plot line - one reason I didn't give it a full 4 stars was the internal conflict in the Matt Damon character is never expressly demonstrated until he flips. He seems a committed company man until the conversation with Dustin. It doesn't make sense that he had no internal conflict beforehand and flipped right after. Otherwise, this is solid. Very watchable and covers an important topic area for all Americans to understand.
½ June 15, 2017
A heartwarming film that is very enjoyable. Although a little slow, the plot was very interesting and the actors portrayed their characters very well.
February 21, 2017
Grade - C
There's really nothing that special about this movie. Matt Damon's on autopilot, and the saving grace is that Gus Van Sant has made a good looking movie. That being said, you could do worse.
November 27, 2016
The reviews for this one weren't great, but I enjoyed it and am glad I watched it. The script is written by co-stars Matt Damon and John Krasinski and it's directed by Gus Can Sant. It tackles and environment issue of fracking and felt real and thoughtful.. Excellent supporting cast includes Hal Holbrook and Frances McDormand. Worth a watch in my opinion.
½ November 22, 2016
I personally think this film is really great!! One of the best dramas in awhile about morality vs money! Matt Damon's acting continues to be excellent!
½ October 28, 2016
Damon and Krasinski wrote the screenplay for this Gus Van Sant diatribe against fracking; the film comes across as noble and boring.
October 16, 2016
Oversimplifying? Yes. Not cutting to the heart of the matter? Correct. Did I enjoy watching this movie? Hell yes.
½ September 8, 2016
Nella sua semplicitÓ Prosimed Land offre una trama piuttosto lineare ed interessante. Poco pi¨ di un ora e mezza passa veloce grazie ad una sceneggiatura pulita e piuttosto accademica: anche se non brilla, questo film resta una discreta e coinvolgente storia che tutti possono apprezzare.
August 26, 2016
A great cast with fun chemistry working with a script that's both preachy and contrived.
½ August 10, 2016
Looks and feels like a tv movie. The plot is too easy and even the twist was predictable at the end. Makes me feel like punching them all in the face, them english liars. Could work as tv film for kids I guess.
½ August 10, 2016
½ August 1, 2016
This was pretty good. Slow moving on some parts.
July 19, 2016
Promised Land sets up a clash of ideals between Matt Damon and John Krasinski but that never comes to fruition and instead tries to pull over a clever twist that doesn't work.
½ April 23, 2016
A visually beautiful film to look at but the story is so over the top unbelievable, it's laughable. "Big bad energy company controls, and therefore, destroys, the world". Oh come on now... This could have been a Michael Moore film.
April 14, 2016
Great movie about fracking
March 31, 2016
why couldnt it just end when john krasinski spilled his secret? it would have made for a better ending
½ March 23, 2016
The film was interesting for some time but the overall theme of the show is messy. The twist from Global and one of the characters was brilliant. I'm a little shocked by the negative reviews as the film has a very topical issue and great casting. I think Gus Van Sants direction might throw people off but I enjoyed the movie and will recommend it to anyone.
½ March 16, 2016
Vedi Nebraska e l'Altra America di cui si parlava.