The Rare Breed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

½ July 10, 2016
Innocuous old-timey entertainment.
Paris S.
October 9, 2015
Your average James Stewart Western, but with some decent little things here and there. Despite his age, James does a surprising bit of brawling and wrangling. I would consider this a superior western than the likes of Night Passagey, but only just.
½ April 17, 2015
A rodeo man is hired (by two different agents) to deliver a rare Hereford bull. An almost passionless Stewart, and a "no surprises" performance by Maureen O'Hara turn what could have been an interesting outing into a stale affair.
December 2, 2013
I watch a movie to be entertained and that is what happens every time I see this motion picture. If you love movies and if you are a fan of Jimmy Stewart and Maureen O'Hara, you will love this one.
July 12, 2013
Not one of James Stewarts best films,Maureen O'Hara appears out of her comfort zone, or just lost in a rather run of the mill film about breeding cows and romance thrown in, enjoyable but far from a classic
½ May 22, 2013
A boring tail of a bull that was brought to the us from England. Skip it.
½ April 13, 2013
nconvincing studio sets and uninspired direction don't help in lifting this above other bloated, awkward studio productions of the period.
March 9, 2013
This was not one of James Stewarts best efforts not that it was really his fault.
½ September 20, 2012
Pretty good Western with Maureen O'Hara shining in a supporting role. The story is interesting, but the plot sometimes turns on a dime without much to hint at developments before they happen.
½ June 24, 2012
"the rare breed" is a very forgettable film in james stewart's western catalog. it has it's moments, particularly when stewart's character is being a tough guy.
April 24, 2012
Just finished watching this film. Was well made, enjoyed the whole film and love all the characters. A must see.
½ January 27, 2012
It has some moments and a good cast. But it's not very interesting as you would expect from a film about cattle breeding.
½ July 8, 2011
It was nice movie, James Stewart and O'Hara were great in the movie.
½ December 16, 2010
Charming Mixture of a Western and a Romantic Comedy James Stewart & Maureen O'Hara are a Great Couple and the Pictures of the Nature are absolutely beautiful
November 8, 2010
seitsemas ja viimeinen James Stewartin tahdittama lankkari minulle lyhyen ajan sisaan, kelpo western tamakin
½ July 18, 2010
Average western with Brian Keith giving a ridiculously over the top performance in what must be the worst red wig ever seen in a movie. Otherwise the stars turn in their usual professional jobs but there is nothing out of the ordinary here.
½ June 26, 2010
The Rare Breed is a great film. James Stewart and Maureen O'Hara gave amazing performances. The script is well written. Andrew V. McLaglen did a good job directing this movie. I liked this film because of the great characters. The Rare Breed is a must see.
June 27, 2009
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
½ February 28, 2009
I enjoy old westerns and this is one of my favourites