Rocky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rocky Reviews

August 11, 2017
A beautiful, emotional, exciting, and unforgettable experience. Flawless and easily Stallone ' s best film.
July 23, 2017
Five stars. Because it is iconic, unforgettable and beautifully powerful, 'Rocky' achieves it all. Strong, emotional, and authentic, Stallone's film is both simple and magnificent, both obviously American and universal, both a little dated and definitely timeless. And no other film shows a man's determination like 'Rocky' does.
July 22, 2017
Since I saw Rocky in 1976 it's the only movie that I have been to where the audience stood up and cheered.
July 12, 2017
Of a masterful work of art such as this: we are not worthy.
July 7, 2017
Dramatic, interesting, touching and most of all INSPIRING movie. This is the first movie I ever saw and what a great one it was.
June 16, 2017
With Sylvester Stallone's unforgettable performance as the titular character, a good script, an amazing soundtrack (with the theme song "Gonna Fly Now" leading to one of the best cinematic montages ever) and some iconic sequences, Rocky is one of the best, if not necessarily THE best, inspirational sports dramas to date. This movie will certainly have you going the distance. If it doesn't, I don't know what will.
June 13, 2017
Don't really like boxing as a sport, also didn't understand half of what Rocky was saying half the time.
½ June 11, 2017
Sylvester Stallone's signature role, a film which stands the test of time, and an unforgettable journey to the top that other films couldn't replicate successfully!
June 10, 2017
It's more of a love story for poor unappreciated folk. Don't expect brainwashed millennials to understand.
June 7, 2017
It's one fight, with the whole film being the major buildup. The underdog gets a chance to face the heavyweight champion and never has a movie been able to see what goes through the boxer's head. He trains, interacts with the people in his life, and suffers through hardships. Sylvester Stallone knows the story inside and out, and it's never dull. And down to the final bell, we know the feeling. Because it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
April 8, 2017
I finally got around to watching it. While I enjoyed it and respect a lot of what the movie did. It didn't quite blow me away like I was expecting. The story was fun and the boxing scenes were good. But I wasn't a fan of the abrupt ending since to me it felt very anticlimactic.
½ April 3, 2017
A white man's powertrip fantasy, whitewashing everything in it's way. The film could have showed the powerness of the black boxing legends, it choose instead to canonize a white person and to ignore the greats of boxing since they aren't white. The two black characters are antagonists and cartoonishly depicted. The black newswoman is shown as a sassy black bossy woman devoid of any human characteristics and the black nemesis of Rocky is shown as a
cartoonish, over the top uncle tomesque figure of patriotism and american consumerism. Sylvester Stallone adds more racism and Pro USA mind control, as always.
March 26, 2017
A much better 'Marty' if you ask me. Tells the story of a penniless fighter who gets lucky and gets one shot at the heavy weight title. Yeah the scenes where Stallone is hamming it up are silly, but I love this movie. One of my favorites.
March 25, 2017
its a great movie about a boxer trying to proof that he's a champion. its smart written, great acted, and isnt just a sport movie... its a inspirational one
March 23, 2017
While not my favorite movie, I still really like it and think it's great. The best Stallone movie, by far. So touching and cool. Every man should see this.
March 22, 2017
Probably the best Stallone movie, definitely the most influential.
March 20, 2017
Amazing first performance by Stallone and others, very motivational movie.
March 20, 2017
Isn't each Rocky film the same? Guy with speech impediment trains for fight
March 17, 2017
My opinion---

For all this beautiful saga "ROCKY" deserves a beautiful 5/5 and it
is necessary especially to be well said and realize that at the exit of
the film, this one was a huge world success and the actor Sylvester
Stallone propelled to the Zenith of the world's biggest stars and still
marks all the spirits of those who followed him and still follow the
immense career of world cinema giant Sylvester Stallone because his
whole career is exceptionally good Completed. Thank you, Mr. Stallone.
Thanks Sly - "We will never forget you"
March 8, 2017
Funny, Inspirational, And Determination is this film in three words. This is about a man and his struggle to go the distance as best he can which is something lots of young viewers need to see to follow your dreams and not give up.