Rocky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rocky Reviews

September 21, 2017
An instant classic and the best in the series. A classic underdog story
September 15, 2017
Zero chemistry between the two leads, hammy acting, and a boring storyline make this one of the most overrated films of all time.
September 13, 2017
Great movie with unpredictable ending.
½ September 12, 2017
"I dunno. She's got gaps, I got gaps, together we fill gaps."
August 26, 2017
Best movie of all time.
August 25, 2017
Crap movie. Stallone is a crap actor
August 25, 2017
The perfect underdog movie
½ August 21, 2017
4.5 stars. Because it is iconic, unforgettable and beautifully powerful, 'Rocky' achieves it all. Strong, emotional, and authentic, Stallone's film is both simple and magnificent, both obviously American and universal, both a little dated and definitely timeless. And no other film shows a man's determination like 'Rocky' does.
August 18, 2017
This Movie Was 34 Years Old In 2010.
August 11, 2017
A beautiful, emotional, exciting, and unforgettable experience. Flawless and easily Stallone ' s best film.
July 22, 2017
Since I saw Rocky in 1976 it's the only movie that I have been to where the audience stood up and cheered.
July 12, 2017
Of a masterful work of art such as this: we are not worthy.
July 7, 2017
Dramatic, interesting, touching and most of all INSPIRING movie. This is the first movie I ever saw and what a great one it was.
June 16, 2017
With Sylvester Stallone's unforgettable performance as the titular character, a good script, an amazing soundtrack (with the theme song "Gonna Fly Now" leading to one of the best cinematic montages ever) and some iconic sequences, Rocky is one of the best, if not necessarily THE best, inspirational sports dramas to date. This movie will certainly have you going the distance. If it doesn't, I don't know what will.
June 13, 2017
Don't really like boxing as a sport, also didn't understand half of what Rocky was saying half the time.
½ June 11, 2017
Sylvester Stallone's signature role, a film which stands the test of time, and an unforgettable journey to the top that other films couldn't replicate successfully!
June 10, 2017
It's more of a love story for poor unappreciated folk. Don't expect brainwashed millennials to understand.
June 7, 2017
It's one fight, with the whole film being the major buildup. The underdog gets a chance to face the heavyweight champion and never has a movie been able to see what goes through the boxer's head. He trains, interacts with the people in his life, and suffers through hardships. Sylvester Stallone knows the story inside and out, and it's never dull. And down to the final bell, we know the feeling. Because it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
April 8, 2017
I finally got around to watching it. While I enjoyed it and respect a lot of what the movie did. It didn't quite blow me away like I was expecting. The story was fun and the boxing scenes were good. But I wasn't a fan of the abrupt ending since to me it felt very anticlimactic.
½ April 3, 2017
A white man's powertrip fantasy, whitewashing everything in it's way. The film could have showed the powerness of the black boxing legends, it choose instead to canonize a white person and to ignore the greats of boxing since they aren't white. The two black characters are antagonists and cartoonishly depicted. The black newswoman is shown as a sassy black bossy woman devoid of any human characteristics and the black nemesis of Rocky is shown as a
cartoonish, over the top uncle tomesque figure of patriotism and american consumerism. Sylvester Stallone adds more racism and Pro USA mind control, as always.