Rocky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rocky Reviews

May 16, 2017
With Sylvester Stallone's unforgettable performance as the titular character, a good script, an amazing soundtrack (with the theme song "Gonna Fly Now" leading to one of the best cinematic montages ever) and some iconic sequences, Rocky is one of the best, if not necessarily THE best, inspirational sports dramas to date. This movie will certainly have you going the distance. If it doesn't, I don't know what will.
April 30, 2017
Five stars. Because it is iconic, unforgettable and beautifully powerful. 'Rocky' achieves it all. Strong, emotional, and authentic, Stallone's performance is both simple and magnificent, both obviously American and universal, both a little 'out of date' and definitely timeless.
April 8, 2017
I finally got around to watching it. While I enjoyed it and respect a lot of what the movie did. It didn't quite blow me away like I was expecting. The story was fun and the boxing scenes were good. But I wasn't a fan of the abrupt ending since to me it felt very anticlimactic.
½ April 3, 2017
A white man's powertrip fantasy, whitewashing everything in it's way. The film could have showed the powerness of the black boxing legends, it choose instead to canonize a white person and to ignore the greats of boxing since they aren't white. The two black characters are antagonists and cartoonishly depicted. The black newswoman is shown as a sassy black bossy woman devoid of any human characteristics and the black nemesis of Rocky is shown as a
cartoonish, over the top uncle tomesque figure of patriotism and american consumerism. Sylvester Stallone adds more racism and Pro USA mind control, as always.
March 26, 2017
A much better 'Marty' if you ask me. Tells the story of a penniless fighter who gets lucky and gets one shot at the heavy weight title. Yeah the scenes where Stallone is hamming it up are silly, but I love this movie. One of my favorites.
March 25, 2017
its a great movie about a boxer trying to proof that he's a champion. its smart written, great acted, and isnt just a sport movie... its a inspirational one
March 23, 2017
While not my favorite movie, I still really like it and think it's great. The best Stallone movie, by far. So touching and cool. Every man should see this.
March 22, 2017
Probably the best Stallone movie, definitely the most influential.
March 20, 2017
Amazing first performance by Stallone and others, very motivational movie.
March 20, 2017
Isn't each Rocky film the same? Guy with speech impediment trains for fight
March 17, 2017
My opinion---

For all this beautiful saga "ROCKY" deserves a beautiful 5/5 and it
is necessary especially to be well said and realize that at the exit of
the film, this one was a huge world success and the actor Sylvester
Stallone propelled to the Zenith of the world's biggest stars and still
marks all the spirits of those who followed him and still follow the
immense career of world cinema giant Sylvester Stallone because his
whole career is exceptionally good Completed. Thank you, Mr. Stallone.
Thanks Sly - "We will never forget you"
March 8, 2017
Funny, Inspirational, And Determination is this film in three words. This is about a man and his struggle to go the distance as best he can which is something lots of young viewers need to see to follow your dreams and not give up.
½ February 28, 2017
The first sports picture to win Best Picture, "Rocky" has always been iconic.
February 18, 2017
seen all the others, grew up watching them, muct be another masterpiece
February 12, 2017
If you don't like this movie, you're either a cynical prick or just some nitwit who is pissed off because he didn't win the fight at the end.
½ February 7, 2017
Believe it or not but I hadn't seen this film until now. I'm not a fan of boxing, so have no interest in boxing related movies. This film was okay, but not as good as many would claim IMO. Maybe it was back in the day, but not in 2016.
January 10, 2017
A heartwarming story of an everyday amateur that gets his chance and makes the most of it. Stallone gives an incredible performance, even if he is hard to understand sometimes.
½ December 23, 2016
I will have to give this film a 4.5 rating. This movie is really good. Although the story is a bit slow, the acting is exceptional, the characters are memorable, and the script is fine. Sylvester Stallone did a fantastic job as Rocky Balboa, the main character in this film. This is such a great film, and if you haven't already watched this movie, I suggest you do.
½ December 21, 2016
What makes this underdog story so special is that it is not just a mere "guy movie" about boxing but instead a touching and profoundly honest drama about a man and his personal struggle to go the distance and be the best he can - and Stallone's performance is superb.
December 1, 2016
Had to watch this after watching Creed. This is such a great movie. The story is a bit slow-going, but good nonetheless. I think I enjoy it more each time I watch it, or at least certain elements of the film seem new or fresh after re-watching it every so often.