The Thing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Thing Reviews

September 22, 2017
Along with Alien it is one of the greatest Sci-fi/horror films of all time. This is probably the most horrifying film I've ever seen.
September 3, 2017
This is actually one of my favorite movies ever. It is a guessing game mixed with blood and gore, i love it.
August 25, 2017
Possibly one of the best horror movies ever made. It has everything a viewer could wish for, it has suspense, interesting and well written characters, an interesting monster, top of the line effects and great acting.
½ August 24, 2017
82%
Saw this on 14/07/2013
The thing is a good film filled with lots of gore and disgusting stuff(only in the positive sense). It is even better than few films in the Alien series. John Carpenter's direction is good. Also, this film doesn't even have a single female actor, that's a good thing!!!! because you can finally see a horror film without any nudity. But the climax of The Thing is a big letdown.
August 21, 2017
Superb piece of science fiction flavoured body horror populated by an amazing cast.
August 20, 2017
Outstanding sci-fi horror classic!
August 19, 2017
A horror classic. The suspense and build up of the Thing is some of the best in film history. The theme gives me chills everytime, the effects still look good today, R.J. Macready is a absolute badass and the ending will never not drive me to insanity over it's ambiguity.
August 14, 2017
Perfect in every way. Everything a horror movie should be.
½ August 12, 2017
Great practical effects, great acting, interesting dialogue, and a decent plot make the movie fantastic. Highly recommended
August 12, 2017
Great claustrophobic horror movie.
August 11, 2017
10 out of 10:

Disturbing, terrifying, and packed with spectacular uses of special effects and makeup, The Thing will still terrify people to this day.
August 9, 2017
Simple but executed to perfection. John Carpenter's The Thing masterfully maintains the tension and delivers vividly memorable scenes thanks to their realistic and disgusting nature. The score is also incredibly haunting.
August 5, 2017
Great fantastic phenomenal action packed gross disgusting special effects movie starring Kurt Russell and some other random actors that will never be as famous as Kurt . Every classic has to go through me and after seeing this movie, it passed the classic test, other horror movies that came out before the 90s were boring at the beginning but the thing is one of those movies that wasn't boring at the beginning, I felt invested and I didn't feel that my time was being wasted. The special effects are horrid and disgusting but that is what this movie is iconic for. Can't wait to see the new reboot movie.
July 30, 2017
No one can be trusted in John Carpenter's The Thing even the main character which is the riskiest part of a movie that took a lot of risks. It wasn't popular when it first came out largely because of The Alien so it became a cult classic later in life. For its time the make-up and special effects were some of the best ever and was decades ahead of it's time. It has some humor which is much need and the suspense is unrelenting because of how clueless the characters are and how clueless we are. It is still so damn scary even after watching it many times and the 80's special effects maybe not as great as it once seemed, but man does it show some creepy imagination. It also has a great ending which is probably why it wasn't well received because of it's ambiguity.
July 28, 2017
Now this is a awesome cult classic sci-fi horror film ever. The Thing is one of the best films I ever seen in my life with amazing visuals effects and very terrifying and I love every bit of it. This is a very outstanding sci-fi horror film well done John carpenter you made a very scary cult classic film love it.
½ July 26, 2017
Great film. Kurt Russel pours whisky on a computer chess programme that beats him, and that's all you need to know. Quite how it's this good with almost zero character development is beyond me, but this really is a belter. Gripping, creepy, extremely well paced and the special effects look amazing even to this day. Just darn good fun. A classic.
July 24, 2017
"The Thing", está basada en la historia "Who Goes There?" de John W. Campbell, Jr., escrita en los años 30, la cual a su vez sirvió de fuente de inspiración para tres películas previas: "The Thing From Another World" (1952), "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (1956) y "Alien" (1978). Todos estos trabajos son considerados como obras maestras de la ciencia ficción y el terror. Pero "The Thing" no se queda atrás.

La película de John Carpenter ("Assault on Precint 13", "Halloween") puede considerarse como un re-make del clásico de ciencia ficción de 1952 y la mejor película en la carrera del director. Esta es una super atemorizante obra maestra que golpea al espectador una y otra vez a un nivel visceral y que acompañará nuestras pesadillas por el resto de nuestras vidas.

Aquí, Kurt Russell lidera a un grupo de científicos radicados en la Antártida que deben enfrentarse a un ser extraterrestre que busca acabar con la humanidad. Lo demás, queda para que el espectador lo presencie... si se atreve.
July 21, 2017
This film is John Carpenter's magnum opus
July 20, 2017
Terrifying and existential.
½ July 18, 2017
A research facility in Antarctica comes across an alien creature that can become anything it touches with 100% accuracy. The members must now find out who's human and who's not before it's too late. An interesting concept for an alien movie and it is visually graphic and sometimes gory, for which great visual effects were required.